Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Walk, drive or bike to?

Bazz

I walk and use public transportation. I can't ride a bike and I haven't gotten my driver's license (and even if I did, I'd still choose public transportation, the traffic here sucks). I have to use public transportation to go to class, but if I can walk I prefer to walk

• 3 years later...

I like to walk, or bicycle to the next town with my friend (from time to time). Walking takes longer, but we have more time talking, which is more fun.

• Brohoof 1

I never learned how to ride a bike. My family was too busy to really show me. 

Certain parts....heck a lot of the town is rather unsafe to walk alone in. I have to park and walk a bit to get to my doctors office and dentist. It makes me nervous. Cops have been patrolling around there more frequently now though.

Driving is the best option for me,

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Operetta said:

I never learned how to ride a bike.

Don't be afraid to try. It is never too late to learn.

I just have this feeling that you would look really cool on a motorbike B):blush:

• Brohoof 1

Unless I am on vacation in some vacation place, I drive pretty much anywhere, the exception is if it is so close that I can walk there in less than 15 minutes. I think the last time I rode a bike was 12 years ago.or so.

If I am on vacation somewhere, I walk more because then I do not really care that it will take longer and those places have less parking places as well. 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Don't be afraid to try. It is never too late to learn.

I just have this feeling that you would look really cool on a motorbike B):blush:

It would be nice to learn. There are some cool places around here that would be great to ride a bike. 

Id love a black motorcycle with skulls and flames. I don’t know what color I’d want the flames and skulls to be. I’ve always fantasized about riding one though 

I do both driving and walking. When I have a short distance, then I go. When it is a long distance, I use my car. I don't own a bike and also don't want to buy one. I also like long hiking tours. But this is more for sport and recreation. 

I would rather drive to any location (assuming it’s not immediately adjacent to me, of course). I used to ride my bike quite a lot and I would like to start riding again but that is to exercise more and not for traveling ~

I don't mind walking every once in a while, and it can actually be enjoyable sometimes. Just not for too long.

Biking is nice too, but not really feasible where I live unless you have legs of steel and can bike up 45 degree hills.

As for cars, I hate driving them. They're big and bulky, and I constantly feel like I'm going to bump into someone / something. Ironically, I'd feel safer on a motorcycle than in a car.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a new place to walk, a nice area with almost zero people around, 30 minutes through a forest path with air coming directly from the water on the other side. Fresh and nice! Total length about 50 minutes at walking speed.

But in order to get there, I have to drive my scooter for about 10 minutes. And then of course 10 minutes back again.

I don't drive. I have no interest in it, though i would be better off in the area I'm living in if i could drive, but i don't mind challenges.

I used to ride a bike 24/7 in the summer. I live in Maine so it's a lot harder to in the winter. I don't ride quite as much lately but if i need to go somewhere more than 5 miles away I'd usually rather take a bike. I don't have a bike right now but i plan to get one asap.

I walk everywhere except when i have a bike.

• Brohoof 1

I drive because I live in Anaheim and would have too far to go to find a hiking trail or place where I could feel safe riding a bike. I love driving my Smart car anyway so that’s my preferred mode of transport in any event.

• Brohoof 1

I do all of those really, depends just on where I'm going really typically of course I have to drive as the distances are long I love driving of course. While I also try to get as much exercise as possible, so if it is in a walking or biking distance I will do that and even when it is not I still do sometimes I believe the longest I've cycled in one go was around 30 kilometres or 18.6 miles for you American frens which is a route I typically do for the lolz. Walk roughly seven kilometers a day. I drive hundreds of kilometres a day too. 

Since I have asthma I try to do as much cardio as possible and in return I have an incredible stamina even though I have asthma that is. Though personally I always prefer driving as I love driving.