general Are You A Light Sleeper Or A Heavy Sleeper?

Venomous

So, are you a light or heavy sleeper?

I am a very light sleeper. My family always says I could wake up at the drop of a pin. However, being such a light sleeper can be sort of annoying because my sleep can get interrupted so easily.

• Brohoof 2

Hmmm... I'm in the middle I think, lol. Never had problems from waking up too easily but it's not at a point where I can't be woken up without some cold water, lol.

I'm quite a heavy sleeper in general. I've slept through my smoke alarm, low flying helicopters, power drills, children playing outside and I never woke up once. I even sleep through the alarms on my phone.  :lol:

Edited by Guest

It is weird that even if I have trouble falling sleep which does happen often, I tend to sleep like a rock once I do fall asleep. Technically rocks do not sleep but...better analogy, I sleep like a Snorlax. :P Which I am happy for that. Only bad thing is that if I woke up in the middle of the night, sometimes it is very rough getting back to sleep.

i take forever to go to bed, but when i am asleep? good luck getting me up XD if you don't come in my room and forcefully wake me up i will sleep in till like 6pm
i can sleep through dogs barking, hail, heavy rain, thunder, my parents yelling at me to get up, during long car trips and on one occasion off road 4 wheel driving.. yeh.. im just that good.
according to my friends i sleep like tanks in a museum, for a bloody long time, motionless, quietly and your going to need to put a lot of effort into getting me up and running again XP

I think I am a heavy sleeper.  I slept through a hurricane when I was in a hotel in Nova Scotia so that takes some skill.  I am bad at getting up and on weekends it can take me an hour from waking up to getting out of bed.  

I'm somewhere in between. There are a ton of things that will not wake me up, but then there are odd things that will... Like, I sleep with the radio on, if there's a tornado warning in the area, and the an alert is issued on the radio, I *will* wake up. It makes no sense since it's not any louder than the regular radio, and pretty much nothing else will wake me up. lol

Despite sleeping through a lot, my body naturally wakes me up a couple of times each night. =/

I used to be a super light sleeper but ever since I started living with my boyfriend, I've become a pretty heavy sleeper. When I was living in a dorm or by myself, there was always silence, so if I heard anything I woke up, but now my boyfriend snores a lot so I'm used to sleeping with noise and now it takes a lot to wake me up. Pretty funny how our bodies change. 

Ugh, light sleeper. It never takes much to wake me up. For instance, if one of my cats happens to casually move up next to me on the bed, it would wake me up.

Noises? Some of them, unless they are something I'm used to... I've gotten used to the sound of a passing car coming from the street, so it doesn't bother me nowadays.

I have a broadly varying sleep schedule so i have to take Melatonin to regulate my sleep patterns, and that tends to put me into a pretty deep sleep. I also sleep with an electric fan right by my bed to drown out distracting noises. If someone opens my bedroom door while I'm asleep I usually notice it, but it's more a matter of being attuned to my surroundings than being a light sleeper. I often go into a nice deep coma-like sleep where even a nuclear explosion wouldn't make me stir. :orly:  

• Brohoof 1

I am a very light sleeper too. Even the slightest noise is enough to wake me up. Very bad habit. You never feel vigorous as long as you have a light sleep. Maybe its about the conditions of the rooms that we are sleeping if  it isn't relevant any disease..

Light sleeper. I find myself waking up to the sound of leaves rustling outside sometimes, or rain hitting my window and it's extremely annoying.

Edited by Holiday

Definitely a heavy sleeper. I do wake up during the night sometimes though, because of nightmares or after an evening of heavy drinking... :adorkable:

I am in between. I am a very heavy sleeper usually, but little things can wake me up easily. I also always tend to wake up when something does not sound right, such as the house becoming too quiet suddenly.

Well that's pretty weird :twi:

It heavily depends on how light it was outside when I succumbed to my dreams.

Not apologizing for that.

Anyhow, it really does depend on how long I had been awake the day before. Sometimes the cat's footsteps wake me up. Other times someone would need to slap a pair of cymbals next to my face about three dozen times before I snort and turn a bit.

I'm about average. I used to be a super light sleeper around the time I had extreme insomnia as a teenager, but now, minor sounds don't wake me. A storm, though, will definitely wake me up! :P 

• Brohoof 1