Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do ponies cure EVERY problems?

leonbrony17

Every problem? Nowhere near. I'd be exceedingly surprised if it cured any physical problem.

Mental? Again, cant cure everything, and not for everyone.

Indeed, I'd say it alone cures nothing, but it can be useful to allow the mind to get to a point where it can cure itself.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure if they can cure things that cannot be cured by any means, but I'd like to say that they could potentially cure most diseases and the like.

I once broke my leg and MLP patched me write up. Then another time I got run over by a cement truck, if the TV in the window had not been airing a commercial for the show, I would have been a goner.

So I would say yes... it does.

Of course I kid.. but I do think it does help a lot of people get through a lot of really rough and horrible situations, and I think that more than anything is a testament to what this show is and can do above all else.

• Brohoof 3

Hmm....   You know, it occurs to me that it's possible that OP was asking if ponies are capable of curing any mental or physical ailment in their world.  I think the answer would obviously be no.  But I'm sure the OP was asking what everyone else took it to be asking, and that is can FIM cure all of our problems in the real world.  The answer, again, is obviously no.  But it certainly has great powers of inspiration and optimism that can go a long way towards helping people with problems like depression.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

It takes your mind off the harsh realities of life so I can somewhat say yes, I does cure things but only temporarily.

Thats exactly what It happens to me, and actually thats what i've been saying: that MLP helps me evade my problems and makes me feel better at least temporarily. basically every hobbie can do that, but for me it works so much better or only with ponies.

for example I like videogames but when im with anxiety i dont wanna play. but if i do MLP-related things, i really wanna do them and when i do that anxiety fades away. thats why i listen MLP music so much too, they're magical cure  :love:

i've been depressed for years but thanks to MLP i can be happy at least while the episode or song lasts.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say it helps by providing a positive outlet, but it doesn't usually solve the actual problems.

Solving the problems almost always requires us to take the initiatives.

To me, this show is an idealized version of life if it were pleasant and colorful the majority of the time. The characters don't rely on technology and media to live their lives; they just, LIVE. They have so many adventures, and make so many friends. That's what I wish my life was. Less time alone, more time outside, more time making real, meaningful memories! 

Is it a cure for all of my problems? Of course not. But damn if it doesn't make me happy. 

• Brohoof 1

At first, the Ponys helped me, get happier and got me motivated and gave me hope, that i would find some Friends and a maybe better life.

After a Year and a few Months, everything went back down and now i feel worse again.

So...no, they dont cure everything for me.

Ponies cured my depression. Though to answer the question.

Yes. The intention of the show is to spread the magic of friendship.

But the show has been written so good that it can help a person in real life

• Brohoof 1

My Little Pony has saved me, inspired me, and taught me many things in the past 4 years I've been a brony. Can it cure every problem?... No, but can it save someone from taking their life, inspire those to follow their dreams, and goals, and can it teach even the wisest of people?... For the most part, yes.

• Brohoof 1