Explain yor shower/bath

DubWolf

How does it work :wacko:? Mine has a ball-in-joint thing that can move freely in any direction, left for hot, right for cold, up for more water, down for less.

And you have to pull a pin so that water comes through the shower head :P .

• Brohoof 1

I have an old shower, it has a knob for hot and cold water and a switch on the faucet that I have to pull to turn on the shower.  I've always wanted one of those hand shower things, I was in a hotel that had one of those and if I ever have my own house I want one of those installed.

• Brohoof 2

My shower has a single knob above the tap that you turn left to turn it on, and continue turning it left to go from cold water to hot water. Turning it back the other way brings back the cold and all the way turns it off. There's also a little switch that sticks out on top of the tap that I pull to turn on the actual shower, and has to be pushed back down to turn it off. The shower cap can be adjusted for direction although I usually lift it up for my needs and back down when I'm finished.

Mine has a lever in the middle that turns right for cold and left for hot. I pull a ring at the center of the lower thingy where the water comes out until the water comes spraying out of the shower head. 

Then I perform my ablutions, and when I'm done, the bathroom carpet is usually wet because the shower curtain doesn't stay closed right. 

• Brohoof 1

Mine has a lever in the middle that turns right for cold and left for hot. I pull a ring at the center of the lower thingy where the water comes out until the water comes spraying out of the shower head. 

Then I perform my ablutions, and when I'm done, the bathroom carpet is usually wet because the shower curtain doesn't stay closed right. 

Same! :P 

Where I used to live, the shower setup was a lot different, so that when I moved and tried turning on my current one, I couldn't figure out how to get the water to come out of the shower head instead of the faucet. I think it took a couple of weeks to finally remember to pull down on that little faucet ring to redirect the water. I also learned to dodge before being sprayed on the head with water that was still in the process of warming up. :derp: 

I prefer hot showers/baths. ^^

• Brohoof 1

a metal arm with a joint on the wall so it can angled up or down for height and another joint on the head so you can keep it level/rotate it (pointing it at the roof is kinda funny but i do not recommend XD water goes everywhere)
and just 2 boring old taps for molten lava and/or liquid nitrogen on the wall :P

• 1 month later...

stop saying knob so much! XD it has a second meaning which makes this thread hilarious to read.

Anyway, our shower doesnt have a knob (lol) its got a lever, pull to turn the water on, turn it right for cold, left for hot. then push it to turn the water off. 

its also one of those bloody fixed overhead showers, but im very thankful the landlord put in a separate flexi shower head. 

I utterly hate getting my hair wet unless im actually washing it, but quite often i just have a quick shower in between hair wash days. which is why i hate hate hate fixed showers. Im very catlike at times.

• Brohoof 2

The faucet has two valves on the left and right which control the hot and cold water respectively. The faucet has a physical blocker which you can pull into the upward position to redirect the flow of water to the showerhead, which is firmly stuck in place.

my place is fairly modern so i have one of those showers with the massive shower head built into the ceiling some think its annoying but its actually really good it doesn't feel like being in a shower its like you're under a warm waterfall or heavy rain and there's enough space that you can lather yourself up without water falling on you plus there's all these different settings you can have it heavy right down to a fine mist 

Edited by idunnomaybe