Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else here have tinnitus?

AriaTheLovely

Hello everyone I thought I would start this thread since tinnitus is a fairly common and irritating problem. I myself recently just started having it and it did make me a bit anxious at first but I am learning how to deal with it. What helps me is going outside or doing something I enjoy to help distract me. So my question to everyone is when did your tinnitus start and what helps you to deal with it? I look forward to seeing everyone's answers and I will try to respond as much as I can.

For me, tinnitus takes the form of a high pitched sound that plays continuously, and goes slightly up and down at random. It's not usually an impediment to daily life, but I do tend to notice it in the mornings. To some extent, you just have to force yourself to get used to it. Oddly, I never notice it when going to bed, only when waking up.

• Brohoof 1

I believe I have this, there's always a slight ringing in my ears. The thing is that I can't ever remember not having it, it's always been there, even when I was really young. So, I'm pretty good at just not noticing it, because for me it's just totally normal. I didn't even realize it was abnormal until recent years, and I'm an adult.

That said, seeing the name of this thread made me think about it, and now I can't stop noticing it. :awuh:

I have some sort of Tinnitus, but its really hard for me, to describe the Sound.

If you have an old Tv and dont have a television Cable connected to it and turn it on and then just listen to the sound of the Black Screen, thats kinda what i have.

Sometimes its louder, sometimes it quiet.

It never stops, but im able to ingore it, since i got used to it.

I only have it in my left ear. I guess.

Or at least, the louder Sound is in my left ear, maybe there is a Sound on both.

I first discovered the Sound, when i pressed my upper an lower teeth together.

I found it interesting as a Child, that i could create a Sound while doing it, so i did it more often and now i have a Tinnitus.

So, i guess it was my fault.  :lol:

There is also some sort of Windy Sound i can create in my Head but i have no Idea, how i should describe, what im doing, to get it

Okay, sorry for terrible english here. 

• 3 years later...

I don't have tinnitus, but my IRL friend got tinnitus a few years back, and it almost ruined him for 2 whole years, until he got used to it. Nowadays he doesn't even talk about it once.

• Brohoof 2