Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Series Finale - How will it all end?

Akemi Homura

Hmmm... You asked a hard question... I believe that mane 6 will continue living at Ponyville, Twilight will not stay alicorn and more lessons about friendships are coming up... Also: i don't think that these "adventures" are yet over... Equestria must be a huge realm, so i bet that ponies will traveler some new destinations (uncovered or not) and maybe will found something new.

I believe that in season 4, mane 6 will keep up like always :)

More likely than not, (being a children's show), the series finale will come to close on nothing but notes of pure rainbows and sunshine. The way I see it, The Mane 6 will either:

1. Take the "everything turned out perfectly" route, and achieve and/or succeed in what they always wanted

or 

2. Take the "I realized I had what I wanted all along." route, ending on much the same feels as Route 1.

It would be a nice surprise however, to see the writers do what they seem to be fairly good at; use a more mature/realistic/whatever idea than is normally found in a children's show, and make it kid appropriate. (Still with a happy or at the very least, "satisfied" ending).

I guess one day, we will find out.... sadly.ohmy.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Seriously, I will KEEP mentioning that one for all eternity. Mr. and Mrs. Cake? Who better to pass the shop on to than Ms. Pie!?

What about their kids, Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake? They may want to pass their shop to their children, only if they want it. Also it's hard to imagine Pinkie Pie owning her own business. Still maybe she could do it.

Personally, I don't think the show's dependent on having the Mane 6 as the lead characters. It would be nice if the CMC got their cutie marks and the show focused on them, with the Mane 6 having cameos and the occasional episode.

Really, at this point they've expanded on their characters so much there's not much left to show us. I say let them move on with their lives. They don't need to be together constantly for the show to be entertaining.

I have disagree with this. I think with season 4 it would be a great time to expand on their characters. We could show Rarity and Rainbow Dash completing their goals. Maybe even adding goals that Applejack, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie Pie want to do? We could even look at how Twilight being an Alicorn and what she has to do now. Not to mention it would just be a wast to throw away 6 characters and only look at 3.

Not to mention the CMC I don't think could hold the show by themselves for 26 episode. Still maybe with give them their cutie marks and just show them working on their skills and stuff.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

What about their kids, Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake? They may want to pass their shop to their children, only if they want it. Also it's hard to imagine Pinkie Pie owning her own business. Still maybe she could do it.

True, but the main point of my hopes there is that Pinkie will at least continue to train as a baker. She doesn't have to get her own shop or anything, it'd just be nice to see that continue.

I also agree that we aren't ready to move on from the mane six being the mane six. They've still got plenty to learn and do, and while it'd be interesting to see the CMC take the helm I wouldn't even want to consider that for a few more seasons. At least not on a mane character every episode sort of thing.

• Brohoof 1

'CD, what exactly do you do when you're bored?'

'I merge ghost threads, bro. See this post? June, 2012.'

'Good god you're mad D:'

I wanted everyones opinion on what will happen at the end of the show. Now that twilight is an alicorn will she just let her friends grow old and die? Will they succeed in their goals? Will rainbow dash FINALLY become a wonder bolt? Please post your theories and opinions here.

Your topic, 'What will happen to the mane 6?' has been merged with 'MLP Series Finale - How will it all end?', as both topics more or less talk about how the show will turn out, and what sort of events will happen to lead to that end.

After saving all of Equestria in an amazing battle, ends are tied up with the Mane 6. A new day arrives, and Spike will be seen strolling through Ponyville, visiting the six of them.

(Background: he'll be a dragon again after having been turned into a pony by a spell at some point. He will have had a hoof in saving all of Equestria, but the ponies will tell him he should go back to being Spike the dragon . Being a pony wasn't what made him brave: it was, after all, his heart, and the love shared between him and his friends. This is a hard decision for him, since he thinks remaining a pony would give him a shot at Rarity, but she's ultimately the one who convinces him to re-embrace being Spikey-Wikey. Rarity tries to return him to original form with some sort of spell given to her by Twilight…alas, her horn was bruised in battle. So, she kisses him to transfer the spell - and yes, Pinkie and everypony else flips out in a happy way.)

Anyhow, Spike is checking to make sure the other ponies are attending a picnic with him. They insist they are. Spike finally finds Rarity sitting out at the picnic spot alone, and she reveals that the other ponies were kidding: they're not coming. This is a picnic just for the two of them. The inference is that they'll remain friends forever, nothing more...and Spike seems to be at peace with this.

Rarity gets the last line, with a sly smile: “But, then again, you do know what they say about friendship, darling. It’s magic.” fin

• Brohoof 1

Depends.

If the show ends by Season 5 or so, we'll have an epic finale of two episodes or more featuring the greatest battle in Equestria that most bronies will see as a fitting end to the show.

If MLP goes much longer than five seasons it's likely to end with a whimper, just because all the ideas will be exhausted by then. (Actually there are plenty of directions they could go in to really keep the show fresh, but those wouldn't sell toys.) Possibly a lame thing with the Mane 6 all having to face evil versions of themselves, armed with the Elements of Disharmony (a total ripoff of the discorded M6 but they won't care by then). Then they all become alicorn princesses just like Twilight and just stand there smiling away the whole time, sacrificing their characters to the needs of the plot as subpar music plays. Then at the very end, Twilight wakes up to find the entire series was just a dream she was having in Canterlot--

*SLAP* ...Thanks. I needed that.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 2

Apparently there's gonna be 53 alicorns in total. Maybe all of the mane six will become alicorn princesses -- although I'm not too sure if too many people here would be thrilled with that idea; it's just a theory. I'm thinking that the mane six, Cadence, Luna, Discord and Celestia will do battle with the most epic villian yet and save their world. The episode could end with a time skip to when the children of the mane six are preteens/teens and have started going on adventures like their mothers. Oh, and maybe the CMC who have reached adulthood would join them. 

• Brohoof 1

Maybe it'll wrap up with closing of the book shown in the intro. Like how the show wanted to give a fairly tale beginning and wrap up with that type of ending? Just a story with Twilight and her friends, which showed throughout the series how they grew and became the mares they are in the future of the series maybe? Also could be used to give final hurray to fans of every age group?

I think the series finale will end with, all of the Mane 6 accomplish all of their dreams and well the CMC find their special talents to get their cutie marks.

• 3 weeks later...

So, after seeing the finale of foster's home for imaginary friends after 4 years later, it felt heartwarming seeing the show end and the message at the end of the episode.

Thanksforwatching.jpg

And that made me wonder, how will MLP FIM end? 

I mean, I still want it to continue, and see what else do they have in store, but I wonder how will they say goodbye?

Will they do the same as Foster's home with a thanks? Or have Lauren Faust herself give a live action thanks to the fans? I can only imagine!

So overall, what do you guys think will happen when the time comes?

• Brohoof 2

So, after seeing the finale of foster's home for imaginary friends after 4 years later, it felt heartwarming seeing the show end and the message at the end of the episode.

img-1433807-1-Thanksforwatching.jpg

And that made me wonder, how will MLP FIM end? 

I mean, I still want it to continue, and see what else do they have in store, but I wonder how will they say goodbye?

Will they do the same as Foster's home with a thanks? Or have Lauren Faust herself give a live action thanks to the fans? I can only imagine!

So overall, what do you guys think will happen when the time comes?

Hopefully something awesome... But it won't end soon, even if it becomes garbage...

The bronies have been doubling viewership these past 3 seasons and hasbro will milk it to the very end. 

Hopefully it envolves the entire cast... dubstep... and ponies. That is all. 

• Brohoof 1

Hopefully not on a cliffhanger like what happened before with ReBoot and Sonic SATam!

It should have an ending worthy of this show it is placed along with!

• Brohoof 2

I'm hoping it can tie up all the loose ends before it's over. Give us alot to work and think about. But then again it is a kids show so i doubt a show could get that complicated.

But then again again Sonic SatAM was pretty darn amazing and the ending was epic.

(edited)

I've said this before, but I'd like it to end with a new beginning, to see every-pony head off to a new adventure even if we don't get to go with them this time, to see them start the next chapter. Maybe even have the CMC get their cutie marks and head off together to face the next phase of their lives. I want it to feel like even if we've come to a crossroad and must part, there's still something ahead for all of us, and we might meet again someday.

Because that's what I believe, that for every ending there's a beginning,   

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Hey guys, before you start going down in the reply section and saying: "OMG YOU WANT MLP TO END? GET THE HECK OFF THIS FORUM NOOB", well, I don't want MLP to end. I never wish it will end or think that it was gonna end anytime soon. Just pointing that out.

But, if it actually DOES end soon.. img-1541662-1-sad.png

img-1541662-2-angry.png

Edited by ermahgerdapples

(edited)

I know it's unlikely, but it's what I want to happen at the end of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I know it's probably not going to happen, but one can dream, right?

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 12

All things must come to an end, even things which we deeply enjoy and cherish. If the series were to end, it'd most likely be a season which answers a lot of answers and gives us a sense of closure.

Reality being though, even if it were to end the fandom will keep it going. So in a sense My Little Pony: Friendship is magic will never truly end. Even if the fandom were to end due to it, it'll continue to live on in our memories and hearts. 

Now if you'll excuse me I've got to go eat some cheese fleurplz.png?2

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Ohh wait that'll be the fandom's reaction

I see it end much like the way Harry Potter deathly hollows 2 did. They all go on wuth their lives some have families, RD becomes leader of wonderbolts, rarity is the # 1 fashion designer and so on, but they all still remain friend through it all

Edited by DaReaper
  • Brohoof 4

I think it should turn out to all be one weird dream by G1 Applejack. Either that or it all takes place in the snow globe of an autistic kid.

Seriously though I always liked the Idea of the six of them reaching their respective life's dreams and spreading themselves all over Equestria except maybe Applejack staying behind with her family farm. However, in spite of being so far apart geographically, they'll still be best friends.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight returning to canterlot and all her friends hugged her, and when she goes to Canterlot, all will split ways, have kids and have a family, But all will remain memories...

(reply to hawkflame) Your first 2 predictions were kind of ridiculous (I can imagine the 2nd one maybe happening though), but I like what you said about them reaching their life goals, and they go to live on their own. And you know, usually shows never do this but, they can make them look a bit older every season and change their voice slightly, just to be a little realistic.