Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Playstation 2 appreciation thread

VandreStokk

Well, I did have good times playing video games with this bad boy here. Games like Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 4, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, Fatal Frame 2, Fatal Frame 3, Rumble Roses, Soul Calibur 2 (even though I'm not good at it =P ). Too bad that I don't get to play other games like Gundam Seed and other Gundam titles.  :(

I still have my PS2 and games like Okami, FFX, Persona 3 and 4 and a few others in mostly the RPG area!  I love my ps2 and still have it and plan to keep it long as I can.   I might get a few more games depending on my wallet looking but you  can get good deals if you know how to look!

PS2 helped me go through the toughest times, I still love all the games that I used to play on it, I still replay some of the games today, brings back childhood memories:D

• 2 weeks later...

One of the best consoles ever made, met a ton of my all time favorites like Persona 4, God Hand, and especially MGS3 <3

Well, I didn't owned one, but I had the pleasure to play Ace Combat 4 with an uncle's for a long time. Too bad my brother ruined my last playthrough by not getting S rank in a mission, I've wanted that X-02 :dry:

• Brohoof 1

It's been awhile since I really got into a PS2 game but the library is so huge I don't know if I'll ever be able to play all the games I want on it. I've played a lot of the big name games like Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy and Sly Cooper but I've also played a lot of the lesser known games like Growlanser Generations, Wild Arms and Headhunter.

My Collection is upwards to forty games at this point and that's barely scratching the surface. Not even counting all the versions of games I have on other consoles like Psychonauts on PC, Jak & Daxter on PS3 and whatnot.

Cough cough

Image result for xbox classic png   

Okay in all seriousness I did own a PS2 as a kid, and would of been a PlayStation person but my parents got me an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3 for christmas... then I slowly became an Xbox fan.

Anyways I had a lot of fun with my PS2 back then. I owned both Battlefronts, Seek and Destroy, GTA San, Sims 2, Driver 1 and 2, and the list goes on. Only thing I didn't like about it is the analog stick placements, still don't like it to this day.

PS2 was a fun console. From my first game Inuyasha Feudal combat, how I spent an entire winter break playing .Hack: Infection, to playing the hell out of Smackdown vs. Raw '05-'07. Heck, still have mine. Played it more than my PS3.  

On 3/27/2017 at 10:35 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Well, I didn't owned one, but I had the pleasure to play Ace Combat 4 with an uncle's for a long time. Too bad my brother ruined my last playthrough by not getting S rank in a mission, I've wanted that X-02 :dry:

Ace Combat 4 was a big favorite of mine. Never got the X-02, but played through the game many times. It gave me lots of memories.

As for other games, I had a big variety. Ace Combat 5 and Zero, ATV Offroad Fury 2 (bundled with the console), the original Star Wars Battlefront games, Gran Turismo 3 and 4, the old EA NASCAR games, a bunch of other EA and 2K sports titles, some Legend of Spyro games, 3 of THQ's old SpongeBob titles, Splashdown, and more...

Got the console as a Christmas gift back when I was only 5 years old. It lasted nearly 10 years before it finally died on me.

• Brohoof 1

So recently I found a PS2 collecting dust at my stepfather's house, his last wife played it and left it there so I offer to take it off his hands because I loved the PS2 when I was a boy. I only wish I had a memory card when I was a kid. So recently I went to the games store around town and picked up a memory card some of my old games like Ace Combat 5 and new ones like MLB the Show 09, I plan on buying True Crime NYC next time I go

• 1 year later...

I still have mine and the one my Aunt gave me. Both are the thin versions. 

There are plenty of great games for the PS2. I still love the 007 games and even play PS1 favorites on it too such as Spyro and Crash.

• 2 months later...

I have nostalgia for it, it was one of my first consoles. I remember playing my first sonic game on there, sonic unleashed (obviously the ps2 and wii version)

On 3/29/2017 at 3:47 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Smackdown vs. Raw '05-'07

Smackdown vs Raw 2007 is my favorite PS2 wrestling game of all time! 

Yeah, Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain is great but, I love Smackdown vs Raw 2007's roster just a little bit more. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Smackdown vs Raw 2007 is my favorite PS2 wrestling game of all time! 

Yeah, Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain is great but, I love Smackdown vs Raw 2007's roster just a little bit more. 

Believe it or not, I still haven't played HTCP. 

'07 is nice but '08 is more my favorite roster due to those guys being around when I started watching. 

But I still stand by the first SDvR, as that has the best music, more impact in ring action and the best move set of any game. 

That game had the Styles Clash before anyone had ever heard of NWA-TNA. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

But I still stand by the first SDvR, as that has the best music, more impact in ring action and the best move set of any game. 

That game had the Styles Clash before anyone had ever heard of NWA-TNA. 

I agree with you about the soundtrack. 

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

SDvR always had good music. Well up until '09 on when they cut costs and threw in superstar themes. Hell, 2011 didn't even have licensed music. Just generic stock tracks. 

I kid you not. I heard one of the songs on that game used on a travel series for the Weather Channel. 

• Brohoof 1