Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Tank is alive?

Firedog

So, no one has brought it up but tank was seen in rock solid friendship. So does that mean Tank will be shown in other episodes? 

I thought the show kinda like killed him off, but apparently not.

Thoughts?

Haha, no he's not dead. As C.B said, he was simply hibernating. I think he simply hasn't been mentioned the same way the other pets (well, Winona, owal...owlawicious?... and a few of the others) haven't. Maybe we'll have another fun episode that includes pets again. I particularly loved seeing Twilight's little owl buddy.

• Brohoof 3

Just because we don't see the pets regularly in episodes doesn’t mean they're gone. They're just not needed for the episode's plot, that's all.

We actually tend to not see most of the pets on a regular basis, they probably can be difficult to write into whatever the scenario is. I definitely would love to see more Tank and Dashie, but if the episode wouldn't benefit from it, then it might be better left out.

Well tortoises and other animals certainty  look and act like they are dead when hibernating, alas they are just in a deep biological coma..... That or the writers forgot about him until now.

I just realized that we saw Tank alive not too long ago, in "Rock Solid Friendship." Pinkie was trying to pass him off as a rock to her sis.

• Brohoof 1

As others said Tanks For the Memories was a metaphor. The dialog in the episode literally states he would be back after winter (which reminds me that based on Rarity and Sassy's discussion in Forever Filly, another winter seemingly happened off screen. 

• Brohoof 2

he was shown in "Fluttershy Falls in, too".  I don't think he was ever intended to be killed off. "Tanks for the Memories" kinda drove in the fact that it was hibernation, pretty hard

He is dead. That was his ghost.. only Pinkie can see him. Plot for upcoming episode.

Pinkie: I see Tortoises.

Rainbow Dash: Too soon! Waaaaahhhhhh!

Twilight: PINKIE!

Pinkie: Whatttt.... I do! *Winks at camera*

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...