Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Religion?

Rozylee

(edited)
14 hours ago, TBD said:

I challenge you to a debut then xp 

I like whenever people come up to challenge religion and vise versa. It's help me learn more about it on both sides point of view. I hated when some people would keep quite due to "political correctness".  As a "religious" person i always liked whenever someone come and challenge me with questions or debut about religion. it help me understand my own religion better for some reason. Of course with respect from both side.

Online debates are more or less useless, as in I can't change your opinion and you can't change mine, plus this topic isn't the best one to have a debate at. Feel free to PM me and we can argue there.

Edited by Guest

(edited)

I am a Christian-Catholic,precisely Roman Catholic 

yup,I love my religion and don't wanna change.I've been raised in a Christian household all my life and well I need something to believe in,whenever i'm down or need help, I always pray for hope. I also don't discriminate others unlike some people in my religion,I'm very kind and accepting.I go to Church 2 times a week and pray the rosary 2 times a week as well,I have to admit it is pretty boring but I got used to it lol.

Edited by ScruffyTheStallion
  • Brohoof 2

On 6/2/2017 at 9:42 PM, Lenny said:

I'm Christian, but I'm not saying why because a whole bunch of people will get triggered and this fourm will be a hell on Earth

Hahaa I know what you mean! People can get triggered so easily~ Anyways, nice to see another Christian~ (>^_^)><(^_^<) God bless! <333

1 hour ago, ScruffyTheStallion said:

I am a Christian-Catholic,precisely Roman Catholic 

yup,I love my religion and don't wanna change.I've been raised in a Christian household all my life and well I need something to believe in,whenever i'm down or need help, I always pray for hope. I also don't discriminate others unlike some people in my religion,I'm very kind and accepting.I go to Church 2 times a week and pray the rosary 2 times a week as well,I have to admit it is pretty boring but I got used to it lol.

Aww that's really sweet! I feel the same about my religion. I can't live without God. <3 And it's good not to discriminate! 

• Brohoof 4

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Rozylee said:

Aww that's really sweet! I feel the same about my religion. I can't live without God. <3 And it's good not to discriminate! 

same here! ^o^  hope you have a wonderful day and God bless!  

Edited by ScruffyTheStallion
  • Brohoof 1

On 6/2/2017 at 9:41 PM, SCS said:

I am absolutely, with zero doubts or reservations, a non denominational Christian, because I know for an absolute fact that Christianity is the one and only truth, and that accepting Jesus Christ as our Savior is the one and only path to salvation. I could go into great detail about why I feel this way, but I don't even know where to begin because my understanding of this truth comes from a summation of the entirety of my life experiences, but most particularly extremely important events that I have experienced within the past several years. Perhaps some time in the future I will write a blog series on here going into detail, but I am going to keep this post brief.

In addition, I am strongly against the idea of being a member of a Christian denomination such as Catholicism or Protestantism. I do not believe that denominations are biblical, because all they do is add man's dogma to the Word of the Holy Christian Bible, which is sinful and deceptive. For example, Catholicism adheres to many false, man-created doctrines that are not only non-biblical but satanic in ways that are subtle enough to deceive billions of people in the world today. 

Lastly, the King James Version of the Holy Christian Bible is the only translation I recognize as legitimate. Any other Bible translation, especially "modern" and "easy to read" translations have proven to stray deliberately and dangerously from the true Word of God, either outright omitting passages or completely changing their wording or meaning.

Revelation 22:18-19

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

There is so much more I can say on the subject, but one of the many reasons why I know for a fact that Christianity is the truth is that God teaches us the true Law, and the true Law does not benefit those in power, wealth, and authority in our human civilization. Countless false religions and ideologies, such as atheism, strongly benefit those in power: one example that only begins to scratch the surface would be how oversaturated the market is with media designed with atheists in mind, how much money is made off of such things, and who exactly is receiving the money. Follow the money and you will learn more about the nature of our civilization than most people will ever tell you.

The following chapter from Job touches on some of the themes I mentioned. The entire Bible, both Old and New Testament is extremely precious and essential, but in my personal experience the Book of Job is one of the precious books of the Holy Christian Bible that speaks to me the most strongly, for many reasons. I strongly recommend giving the entire Book of Job a thorough read.

Job 12

And Job answered and said,

No doubt but ye are the people, and wisdom shall die with you.

But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to you: yea, who knoweth not such things as these?

I am as one mocked of his neighbour, who calleth upon God, and he answereth him: the just upright man is laughed to scorn.

He that is ready to slip with his feet is as a lamp despised in the thought of him that is at ease.

The tabernacles of robbers prosper, and they that provoke God are secure; into whose hand God bringeth abundantly.

But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.

Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this?

10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

11 Doth not the ear try words? and the mouth taste his meat?

12 With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.

13 With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.

14 Behold, he breaketh down, and it cannot be built again: he shutteth up a man, and there can be no opening.

15 Behold, he withholdeth the waters, and they dry up: also he sendeth them out, and they overturn the earth.

16 With him is strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver are his.

17 He leadeth counsellors away spoiled, and maketh the judges fools.

18 He looseth the bond of kings, and girdeth their loins with a girdle.

19 He leadeth princes away spoiled, and overthroweth the mighty.

20 He removeth away the speech of the trusty, and taketh away the understanding of the aged.

21 He poureth contempt upon princes, and weakeneth the strength of the mighty.

22 He discovereth deep things out of darkness, and bringeth out to light the shadow of death.

23 He increaseth the nations, and destroyeth them: he enlargeth the nations, and straiteneth them again.

24 He taketh away the heart of the chief of the people of the earth, and causeth them to wander in a wilderness where there is no way.

25 They grope in the dark without light, and he maketh them to stagger like a drunken man.

Woahhh YOU'RE AMAZING!!! I totally agree with your beliefs--10000%%!! You literally put my thoughts into words!! You're an awesome person! People like you give me sooo much hope for humanity. God bless! <3 :D:)

Just now, ScruffyTheStallion said:

same here brother! ^o^  hope you have a wonderful day and God bless!  

Aww thankiess! You are so kind~ :P 

On 6/2/2017 at 8:44 PM, Sugar Cube said:

Proud and happy nondenominational Christian. 

Good for you! :D

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

In my opinion, let people believe what they want, if they are better for this reason. Personally, I'm not going to convince anyone of my worldview. Peace to all good people (and ponies of course)! :)

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 5

1 minute ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

In my opinion, let people believe what they want, if they are better for this reason. Personally, I'm not going to convince anyone of my worldview

Of course! I would never force my beliefs on someone. :D

• Brohoof 5

All praise the sun god Celestia and her mighty wave.

large.gif

Jokes aside, I'm technically a Catholic, but, well, not practicing it all through out, aside from school stuff.

I probably view myself as an agnostic. Not sure if a god exists, maybe a creator of the universe does exist, just not from those monotheistic religions. :v

I'm cool with everyone's personal beliefs tho. c:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

In my opinion, let people believe what they want, if they are better for this reason. Personally, I'm not going to convince anyone of my worldview. Peace to all good people (and ponies of course)! :)

3 hours ago, Rozylee said:

Of course! I would never force my beliefs on someone. :D

Same here. Forced conversions aren't even allowed in my side of the Religion (at least in the sect branch I adhere to) since it will only breed hypocrisy and apostasy. But I am in the minority branch, I can't say the same for the majority branch of my Religion who are not only incredibly zealous, but intolerable just like Jews and to some extent Christians who support Zionism.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Just realized that I made a huge oversight and just correcting my mistake towards the distinction between sects and branches within the Religion I adhere to.
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Electric guitar, that must be my religion, I practice it almost every day after all. ^_^
Not quite, I believe the correct term is agnostc?

Edited by Snow
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Just wanted to point out something relevant to my previous posts since I made a huge oversight and hope people don't get misinformed with where I'm coming from, but I just realized from my parents and what my scholars were trying to teach me that the Shia minority of Islam may look like it has sect divisions e.g. Baqiri, Taqvi, Naqvi. Or should I interpret this in a Western standard approach Baqirians, Taqvios, and Naqvites :lol: (seriously what is up with the obsession of these suffixes people from the West have e.g. ism, ites, ians, os). I should inform you that those "sect divisions" I pointed out are just sub-branches within the Shia Branch of Islam. They're not technically sects. That is all.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
*sigh* Typo: Baqir. NOT Baqar

On 2017-06-07 at 8:41 AM, ooBrony said:

I  grew into a religious mormon family and i went to church from since i was born and we  read the scriptures every day.

I'm mormon and I'm going to be leaving home to serve an lds mission in less than a month. Personally, I've found that as I've gone to church every week, read the scriptures, and prayed every day, I've felt the Holy Spirit giving me more insight into what the verses of scripture mean. After years of seeing God's hand in my life, I can testify that I know that Jesus Christ is my Saviour, I know The Book of Mormon is the true word of God, and I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints contains the full restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that God continues to give revelation to His prophets today.

I'm not trying to shut you down ooBrony, I just thought I'd share my personal experience with the church.

• Brohoof 3

Strongly non-religious. I was born a Methodist Christian and raised as one, but as I got older and started forming my own opinions I realised Christianity didn't make sense to me, it seemed cruel and unrealistic. I started getting really into science which only pushed me further away. Now I don't believe in religion at all I like to do things my own way, but at the same time I still respect people who are religious and have no intention of getting in their way or stopping them, one of my closest friends is highly religious as is most of the older generation in my family, including my mum.

• Brohoof 1

I was technically raised Catholic, but my parents never did more than go to church on Sundays. So, I didn't have too much of an influence coming from it besides what came from that. Though, as I got holder, that light hold didn't stick and I am not religious in the slightest anymore. I don't force my views on others and I am perfectly fine with those who are religious and respect their views as long as they respect mine.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I don't have a religion and I don't understand why people still believe. Can someone try to explain to me why you would believe a religion, with only proof a book from thousands of years old, which isn't even written by the one who invented it. :ooh:

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I don't have a religion and I don't understand why people still believe. Can someone try to explain to me why you would believe a religion, with only proof a book from thousands of years old, which isn't even written by the one who invented it. :ooh:

It's a psychological thingy. Knowing that the creator of the universe knows and loves you, or atleast believing that, helps them to relax, have hope, etc. I don't see any other reason for it, though.

4 hours ago, Niko said:

It's a psychological thingy. Knowing that the creator of the universe knows and loves you, or atleast believing that, helps them to relax, have hope, etc. I don't see any other reason for it, though.

It really saddens me when you just take one look at us and act like we're idiots and that you know everything about us. Not trying to be rude here, but you are years worth of research behind. It's not something I can explain to you in one post, especially if you have the attitude that you're showing in your post.

Please don't try to explain us unless you actually know what you're talking about, because it's more than just some "psychological thingy" that "helps us relax". That isn't the reason in the slightest.

Sorry if I came across as rude.

• Brohoof 4