Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Arrogant or Hypocritical? Which is worse?

ZethaPonderer

My pick would be hypocritical due to the damage it can cause in comparison to arrogant. Some arrogant people do tend to be honest which is the only redeeming quality about them :lol: . 

There is no redeeming quality at all being a hypocrite because they are NEVER honest with their actions nor intentions.

• Brohoof 2

I hate them both. No exceptions. 

I really can't stand arrogant people, especially when I am much smarter and better then them. Also have I met more arrogant people then hypocritical people.

So I think I go for arrogant. :orly:

• Brohoof 1

I really hate both of them, but hypocritical is much worse. Hypocrites in my opinion are perhaps the worst kind of person to exist, while arrogance to me is really bad, it's nothing like somebody who you can never tell what they think.

• Brohoof 1

I'm arrogant and hypocritical both. It's fun to play with traits of experience, adding things up, subtracting others.

Imagine being like the joker card, your equivalent value is zero, yet your positioning can either enhance, or collapse all numeric values.

Power of life, unconditioned. This means I play life to the fullest of my honesty, which means to realize the ever changing nature of energy.

Once you get a handle of experience, through many lifetimes, you'll start realizing you are not as biased towards the polarizing values of reality.

The same energy under a different configuration, flowing in the open mind. In other words, there won't be resistance, which translates as fear.

Fear is the foundation of all judgment, ignorance, which is what you have expressed towards said values.

Once you integrate said values, you achieve the honesty I previously mentioned, not honesty biased by fear, but honesty to reality. That's the real stuff right there, the zero.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Trotteur Funeste said:

Arrogant or Hypocritical ??? Which is worse ??? Gobo. Gobo is the worse. Right @The_Gobo ?? :orly::orly::orly:
No to be honest I think that hypocrisy the worst because I mostly met hypocritical people and I can't stand it.

That hurts T_T
But personally I see them both as equally as it would depend on the scenario for defining one as worse than the other.

• Brohoof 4

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I think our recent election spoke volumes about which is worse. 

Trump =  Arrogance

Hillary = Hypocrisy 

They're both examples of both traits to be honest.

• Brohoof 3

11 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Trump =  Arrogance

Hillary = Hypocrisy 

Arrogance is worst for sure now! :lol:

• Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, Yumekai said:

While both of them are terrible Someone Arrogant would at least get something done

Fair point, at least some Arrogant people aren't liars for the most part and are willing to get stuff done even though its for building their own ego. :lol:

Honestly, I find arrogant people clowns in this world. They're so funny that they think the world revolves around them like they're gods or something. Trump is a prime example. My expectations would be that if someone say his name and glorifies it, he WILL orgasm and will be more likely to listen to them more often.

22 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

I'm arrogant and hypocritical both. It's fun to play with traits of experience, adding things up, subtracting others.

Imagine being like the joker card, your equivalent value is zero, yet your positioning can either enhance, or collapse all numeric values.

Power of life, unconditioned. This means I play life to the fullest of my honesty, which means to realize the ever changing nature of energy.

Once you get a handle of experience, through many lifetimes, you'll start realizing you are not as biased towards the polarizing values of reality.

The same energy under a different configuration, flowing in the open mind. In other words, there won't be resistance, which translates as fear.

Fear is the foundation of all judgment, ignorance, which is what you have expressed towards said values.

Once you integrate said values, you achieve the honesty I previously mentioned, not honesty biased by fear, but honesty to reality. That's the real stuff right there, the zero.

But, reality will not last due to its temporary existence and our finite selfs so what's the point of achieving honesty to reality if honesty biased by fear seems such a straightforward philosophy.

None of us are brave, to be so is truly foolish or that person is likely a believer of some 'Creative Force' out there that he fears the most than anything else.

As for ignorance, well consider me skeptical about the whole ideal that people live with "Ignorance is not an Excuse". But, Ignorance is Reality itself that cannot be left ignored. Unfortunately, I have found an interesting piece of article that does talk about why people are justified in their position to be ignorant hence my skepticism. There's so much information at this day and age, it would make any sane person's head spin. Too many laws to deal with which would justify people's position to remain ignorant and uninformed. Hate playing the Devil's Advocate on this matter, but the whole "Ignorance is not an Excuse" ideal would make a lot more sense if there weren't too many laws and regulations to deal with in the first place.

Here's the article if you're curious. http://www.heritage.org/crime-and-justice/report/ignorance-the-law-no-excuse-it-reality

So I live by this philosophy, "Where there's Information, there's bound to be Misinformation".

It completely depends on the subject in which someone is hypocritical or arrogant about. I can (and have) seen situations where hypocrisy is understandable as is arrogance. I've also seen people confuse hypocrisy with fluidity. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Consider me really skeptical if it is possible for someone to possess both traits of hypocrisy and arrogance at the same time. Wouldn't the hypocrisy trait compromise their arrogant mentality of being better than everybody else? It just seems less likely for me to buy that arrogant people are willing to make compromises in the first place due to their self-inflated ego. Would it be possible for an arrogant person to be hypocritical and if they do go that route then would they even handle the reality that their struggles and foundations are built on deception, lies, and mostly pretending to be something while they're clearly not? Surely some of them might feel guilty, confused and ashamed about this.

However, reality might surprise me. :blink:

Edited by ZethaPonderer

(edited)
On 6/16/2017 at 5:07 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Trump =  Arrogance

Hillary = Hypocrisy 

In ^that^ instance, "Hypocrisy" was the bigger Cthulhu. :lol:

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Wouldn't the hypocrisy trait compromise their arrogant mentality of being better than everybody else?

If they possess a certain amount of self-awareness, they may be mutually exclusive, however ... I have had friends who had traits they personally were not aware of, and not aware of how others viewed them. That said, many arrogant individuals know their strengths and celebrate them, and they are conscious of this trait. 

Now, regarding hypocrisy. There are those aren't aware of it either. Usually these are people who try and go with the flow conversationally even though their values and beliefs they talk about may contradictory to their actions and mannerisms. 

You also have the classic hypocrites who are less about avoiding confrontation than they are with gaining favor. Welcome to the art of politics. Then you have simple deceptive assholes which are a subgroup of this. Hypocrites can be complicated. Some may actually believe what they say are their values and when they act they honestly believe their actions are also in line with their values through a form of seven degrees of separation in which one would need a roadmap or flow chart to understand. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I see Jeric. It all boils down to self-awareness.

Either way, I just see most arrogant people coming off honest since they don't care what somebody thinks and if it doesn't have anything to do with them then they're obviously not accomplishing their purpose to be "better" than everybody else.

Humility and Arrogance are both opposing traits. So for a hypocrite to exercise 'fake' humility would make a lot more sense than for them to exercise arrogance.

A humble hypocrite is very likely, but an arrogant hypocrite is a weird combo to me that wouldn't really help the hypocrite's goal to get whatever they want. I just see people who are practicing classic hypocrisy as assassins with an objective while classic arrogant people as narcissistic fighters who think they're gods apparently.

Edited by ZethaPonderer

I don't like either, but I think hypocrites are worse. They preach something, but do the opposite, and if called out, they've make poor attempts to justify those :dry: 

• Brohoof 1

I despise hypocrisy as much as everyone else, but I feel like it's something we're all guilty of at times (at least I certainly am), so it's not entirely fair to criticize. Arrogance is almost never justified, especially since it's misplaced 90+ percent of the time.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Frostgage said:

I despise hypocrisy as much as everyone else, but I feel like it's something we're all guilty of at times (at least I certainly am), so it's not entirely fair to criticize. Arrogance is almost never justified, especially since it's misplaced 90+ percent of the time.

Well that's quite an interesting perspective on hypocrisy. So what you're possibly implying Frostgage is that hypocrisy is simply a lack of awareness for your own intentions and actions? I always thought it would be as simple as a person pretending to be something while they're clearly not just to get something out of it. Aka, hypocrite = pretender.

And you're pretty much right on arrogance, but it still doesn't stop a lot of them from justifying their right to be so :lol: like most Hollywood actors and those who are filthy stinkin' rich from the 1%.

• Brohoof 1

Every characteristic has a spectrum of severity so it's not feasible to compare arrogance and hypocrisy in a complete sense. However, generally speaking, and putting aside the extremes found in both characteristics, in my opinion arrogance is more likely to be annoying while hypocrisy is more likely to be dangerous. Arrogance can be off-putting but not necessarily harmful, depending on the context and nature of the arrogance. However, hypocrisy is more often associated with deeper levels of dark motives and ideas, and is more often used for manipulation and subversion. Overall, I would say that hypocrisy has a higher likelihood of being a characteristic belonging to dangerous individuals.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Well that's quite an interesting perspective on hypocrisy. So what you're possibly implying Frostgage is that hypocrisy is simply a lack of awareness for your own intentions and actions? I always thought it would be as simple as a person pretending to be something while they're clearly not just to get something out of it. Aka, hypocrite = pretender.

I'd say both cases exist and should be judged accordingly. If hypocrisy is due to mere unawareness I would certainly be more forgiving in comparison to a hypocrite that is purely dishonest. Obviously I have no sympathy for those kinds of people.

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 1