Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst episodes of S7.

CastletonSnob

(edited)

Honest Apple just makes AJ look like an asshole in order to go anywhere, not to mention Rarity never gets called out for her bullshit despite everything happening being her fault

Really Honest Apple and Hard to Say Anything are the only bumps, but even they aren't bottom 10, or even 20 material or anything, not to mention everything else has been good to stellar

Seriously, it's amazing we're just coming off of S6, which is the rockiest season ever and almost convinced me we were in a seasonal rot(The first half alone was already giving us several "worst of the worst" episodes)

Edited by The Undefeated of the Weast
  • Brohoof 2

Hard to Say Anything by a country mile! 

It made every participant except Sugar Belle into an idiot, and the writer has no idea how to craft a cute kid friendly romance ... I hope Perfect Pear teaches her a thing or two the next time she tries to write about love 

0/5 all the way. 

• Brohoof 2

A Royal Problem is my least favorite episode of the season so far. It is the only one I didn't enjoy much. For the record I have not watched Honest Apple or Hard to Say Anything based on their reputation, but I might watch them eventually.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hard to Say Anything to me is the clear worst, because it was extremely cringy and almost unbearable. Possibly even the worst episode in the whole series now. I rated it a 2.5/10, though I wouldn't be surprised if I lowered it from there even. It's almost harder to watch than the 1984 Dune movie -_-

Flurry of Emotions for me was similar to Hard to Say Anything, but it was nowhere near as bad about it. I rated it a 5/10.

Third is a tie, between Honest Apple and Forever Filly. Not going to say anything about them, as they seem to be both somewhat unpopular (and deservingly so). I rated them both 5.5/10, and I can't really say which one is really worse between the two. I'm leaving it at that because I don't want to start an argument that could end up in me saying some choice words to people who clearly don't understand what they're talking about.

Edited by Barik the Luigineer
More fluff.

29 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

A Royal Problem is my least favorite episode of the season so far. It is the only one I didn't enjoy much. For the record I have not watched Honest Apple or Hard to Say Anything based on their reputation, but I might watch them eventually.

How DARE YOU. A Royal Problem was the Royals episode we were all waiting for!

In my opinion, the only ones I thought needed a bit more time to develop was Hard to say Anything, and, Honest Apple.

• Brohoof 1

1. Hard to Say Anything: When Stereo Pop came into the episode, the quality nosedived. Big Mac and the CMCs feature their worst performances in the show. Oh, and the crush angle fuckin' sucked.
  2. Honest Apple: Rarity being an idiot for not pre-planning the contest and choosing AJ because the plot said so, AJ becoming an OOC jerkass because the plot said so, and having stereotypical or unlikeable one-shot characters because the plot said so.
  3. A Royal Problem: Celestia and Luna act like they can't stand each other, became incompetent idiots, treated each other's important duties as useless, and are flat-out out of character. Starlight being well written isn't enough to make this episode not suck.
  • Brohoof 1

56 minutes ago, Stickman, The Legend said:

How DARE YOU. A Royal Problem was the Royals episode we were all waiting for!

In my opinion, the only ones I thought needed a bit more time to develop was Hard to say Anything, and, Honest Apple.

Chill. It wasn't the episode I was waiting for. All I wanted was a good slice of life episode with the sisters bonding, maybe bickering a little, but appreciating each other in the end. Sure we got the last bit, but everything else was pointless to me.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Kyoshi said:

Chill. It wasn't the episode I was waiting for. All I wanted was a good slice of life episode with the sisters bonding, maybe bickering a little, but appreciating each other in the end. Sure we got the last bit, but everything else was pointless to me.

... Alright.

• Brohoof 1

All Bottled Up makes Trixie intentionally irritating and isn't nearly funny enough to compensate. Also, something new happened to Starlight which is never explained, and she's blander than ever before here. I just don't see how Trixie and Starlight's dysfunction is supposed to be charming. 

Fluttershy Leans In is dull as dishwater. No internal conflict, no character development, and very few jokes amounts to sort of a nothing of an episode. There's sort of an okay moral, but the conflict is so simplistic that it's no fun at all. I get it, Fluttershy's asserting herself. So what? 

Forever Filly has a great moral, but Rarity is more insensitive than usual, and making everything revolve around the moral while just expecting us to accept that Rarity has been away from Ponyville for a long time makes for a pretty dull viewing experience. Waste of a good idea. 

Hard to Say Anything attempts to pass off obnoxious behaviour as funny, and just winds up being obnoxious. It knows that what Big Mac and co. are doing is unpleasant, or else they wouldn't need to learn not to, but it fails to understand that it's also not funny whatsoever. 

Honest Apple makes Applejack intentionally irritating and isn't funny enough to compensate. Rarity doesn't stop her until it's too late, but she gets none of the blame, and then Applejack "makes things right" by kidnapping people and forcing them to give her another chance. Fuck's sake.

• Brohoof 2

Get ready for an unpopular opinion from me: Fluttershy Leans In and Parental Glideance.

I guess it wasn't so much that they were bad episodes as much as I didn't particularly like them, or I thought their negatives outweighed their positives.

Don't get me wrong, Fluttershy asserting herself is always welcome, but it felt really heavy handed in this particular episode, and I didn't really like how the new characters were handled. And in a show that's about partially celebrating other's talents, it was a shame to see those characters' potential wasted. Overall, the episode felt like - to quote TV Tropes - a "22 minute showcase of how much of a badass Fluttershy is".

Parental Glideance would've been great if they didn't make Rainbow's parents so over-the-top, and COMPLETELY gloss over the fact that they may have been a bit much.

I used to say I was neutral on Honest Apple. While it wasn't as bad imo, it did make AJ seem unnecessarily assholish.

All bottled up was annoying as hell, and didn't enjoy starlight. Plus, while I CAN find trixie being an absurd jackass enjoyable, It doesn't work well in a "Friend" sense as much as in an antagonist sense (Like you enjoy seeing blackmage in 8bit theater be a jerk because you're not supposed to see him as an actual friend to the others but more of an antagonist, so his actions are funnier because you can enjoy when he gets smacked down. Here, we're supposed to feel bad for trixie when she gets attacked since its starlight's fault this is happening)

Hard to say anything was just cringe comedy done ad nauseum-- I enjoyed the CMC jokes at the start, but after that it took a straight plunge downward.

Honest apple was also pretty bad in that AJ is turned into what can only be a heavily socially autistic person in that she LITERALLY cannot comprehend that others might have different opinions than her when she encounters Strawberry; Like, there's "disagrees with others", and then there's "Does not even realize others HAVE differing opinions", and AJ fell into the latter. Its really sad to see the pony who, at the START of the series was by far the most possessed of common sense of the group get turned into an absolute moron for an episode-- its like Applejack's day off all over again.

Honest Apple is not the worst episode of the whole show, but I agree that's the worst episode of the season so far. Not Looking for Trouble felt weak to me

Hard to Say Anything was also Hard to Watch.... although I guess if it's intentional it isn't necessarily bad writing?

6 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:
  1. and having stereotypical or unlikeable one-shot characters because the plot said so.

Are you referring to Strawberry Sunrise :wacko: ?

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Wacko Wolf said:

Are you referring to Strawberry Sunrise :wacko: ?

Not just her. Lily Lace (unlikeable and a stereotypical valley girl), Star Streak (stereotypically stuck-up voice), and Inky Rose (stereotypical Gothic girl), too

Edited by Dark Qiviut

I'm gonna say three episodes weren't that good. One being bad.

Worst episode : hard to say anything

Okay episodes: Honest Apple, and The fluttershy one where she builds sanctuary

Everyone else is good.

Honest Apple has certainly been the weakest episode so far. Not terrible, but it certainly had a few issues, like how Lily Lace (who I love the design of) was giving a stereotypical, air-headed valley girl voice, that Rarity signed Applejack up to be a judge without telling her first or how Applejack was far too harsh than usual, especially when she shook all the feathers off Lily's hat after the poor mare had spent who knows how long working on it.

The only other bad episode would be Parental Glideance, but that's only because I've been unable to finish it yet because Scootaloo's minute long fan-squealing gave me a headache.

I didn't like Celestial Advice; I'm sorry, I know many will disagree, but that's me.

Discord's pressuring Twilight to state that she had big plans for Glimmer was more grating than amusing, and went against much of his character showcased throughout the last few seasons and especially the Season Six finale. Worse still, the episode just wasn't that interesting - Twilight and Celestia huddled together in that one room just pondering for ten minutes didn't make for a very exciting story, in my opinion.

Worst of all, that whole section was rendered utterly pointless at the end when Twilight decides not to send Starlight anywhere. What an abrupt ending!! As I said, it made the main focus of the narrative feel worthless and it's not like there was much else that stood out particularly elsewhere, either :(  

(edited)

In no particular order:

1. A Flurry of Emotions: Honestly, I'm still not a big fan of Flurry Heart. I think her character is rushed, and Hasbro is just using her to sell toys. The theme of the episode was very convoluted. The main moral is not basically not chew off more than you can handle. I thought this episode was very boring and added very little to character development and world building.

2. Forever Filly: The message of the episode is very good about how people change over time and may not be what you remember them. However, the progression of the episode was very boring, and I didn't care for the pony Zipporwhill.

3. Hard to Say Anything: Although I like the character developments of Big Mac (although I like the shipping of Big Mac with either Cheerilee or Marble Pie) and Sugar Belle in this episode, I thought the message of the episode was lost in the lame antics of both suitors (Big Mac & Feather Bangs). I felt like this was just a throwaway unneeded episode to develop chemistry and an unnecessary relationship between Big Mac and Sugar Belle.

4. Honest Apple: Yeah, this episode was just bad (probably the worst in the season so far). AJ lost all her commonsense in order to promote an unneeded conflict of the episode of being too honest. However, there are a few redeeming qualities. We see Photo Finish & Hoity Toity again (although kinda disappointed we didn't hear Photo Finish's theme song).

We also get to see Rarity rocking the guitar (with unicorn demon magic making an acoustic guitar sound like an electric guitar).

tenor.gif

& Strawberry Sunrise being adorable.

665553bc4f6c07287ef7125db89cf0f2.gif

Edited by joshyang908

Hard To Say Anything for reasons half the fandom has already stated. I WOULD give this episode the biggest fattest F in existence, but let's face it, not even RARITY would be that generous. It's.....THAT......fucking......bad. :eww::okiedokieloki::fiery:

Fluttershy Leans was the worst Fluttershy  and most boring episode not only in Season 7 but in entire series to date. This should be the main reason as to never let Berrow write for the show again.

Hard to Say ANything is probably the worst episode of S7 overall. Written like it was made by a child or by an early 90's writer where cliche's like this were still tolerated. It completely flanderised CMC and Big Mac and wasted the potential of a good romance episode. Well, at least FlutterCord is still on the table. Lets hope they don't mess it up in the future by having Discord trying to forcibly kiss Fluttershy while she's unaware of it.