Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever played a game that caused you to lose interest in other games?

Dark Bun

For clarity, I'm not talking about putting down a game to play another one. I'm talking about that feeling when, after you beat a game nothing really compares to it. Something that really impacted you. I mean, I have absolutely no interest  in video games in the near future, and not because I think they're bad. It's just like I'm finally satisfied.

I think I could go for a walk right now.

• Brohoof 1

not in the same way honestly

but i'm very much into paladins, it's a very fun game and i can't seem to drop it

other games feel very boring or meh to me now because of it 

:(

Yes, actually. It was a game called Warframe. At the end of a quest called "The War Within". The ending was an amazingly satisfying (and emotional) moment for me... it was the perfect conclusion. After that, my interest in video games quickly eroded away, because they all seemed like a big disappointment. To me, the ending of that quest was a sign for me to grow up and get on with my life.

Edited by Heavenly Sun

League of Legends did this to me, because I had let it become an unhealthy addiction. In this case, it impacted me in a bad way. Probably caused me to become less friendly and a bit more toxic in general having to deal with so many toxic trolls.

TF2 kind of did that to me as well, as it was just so fun to play and it was probably the only game that just made me happy.

Paladins may do that to me in the future, but I don't think it will from most indications. I'm thinking I may stop playing if they make one specific change that I vehemently oppose that they tested out on the PTS a few days ago. I hope it doesn't go live for the sake of my sanity.

Edited by Nerdy Luigi

Well... I can't seem to enjoy The Sims 4 while I have spent a lot of money on it and I keep spending money on it. The Sims 3 is just... so much better and whenever I start to play TS4, I tend to be very nostalgic towards TS3, so much that I don't want to play it anymore. :huh: As for 'beating' a game that impacted me so much, it's Corpse Party: Blood Covered. That game messed me up and I still love it so much. I do have a difficult time finding a game that can compare to it.

Any shooter running at 60fps. It turned me into such a frames whore that I find it difficult to go back to any shooter that runs anything lower(this is only a problem I have with shooters though)

• Brohoof 1

I stopped playing video games due to the expense involved a long time ago, but as far as story and atmosphere goes, I've yet to see a new game surpass the Bioshock series. I mean, I've only watched it on Youtube but the the whole feel and design is top notch.

• 1 month later...

I use to play hours upon hours of Bethesda games such as Skyrim, and Fallout New Vegas... then I got back into World of Warcraft. Now I can't seem to remain engaged in any Elder Scrolls, or Fallout series games for any longer than two hours. The only thing that will top World of Warcraft is when they release the long awaited classic servers.

On 10/21/2017 at 4:53 AM, StrawCherry said:

Well... I can't seem to enjoy The Sims 4 while I have spent a lot of money on it and I keep spending money on it. The Sims 3 is just... so much better and whenever I start to play TS4, I tend to be very nostalgic towards TS3, so much that I don't want to play it anymore.

Me and @Catsle would agree with this... Him and I played the hell out of The Sims 3 when we were kids, so when we saw The Sims 4 get an Xbox One port him and I were very excited, and preordered the deluxe version... then it released. It was basically a rushed port that had the same annoying controls the PC had, plus overpriced DLC. I play it occasionally, but I think Cat stopped entirely. Hoping they just make The Sims 3 backwards compatible.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2017 at 6:43 AM, Nerdy Luigi said:

Paladins may do that to me in the future, but I don't think it will from most indications. I'm thinking I may stop playing if they make one specific change that I vehemently oppose that they tested out on the PTS a few days ago. I hope it doesn't go live for the sake of my sanity.

It didn't, I suppose? OB63 and OB64 were total train wrecks. They never implemented the Wrecker change, but what they ended up doing was actually even worse.

• 1 month later...

Quite frankly, after beating Spec Ops: the Line, my interest in FPS genre, especially set in the modern world where you play as the "good guys" shooting "spooky scary terrorists" or involve any illusion of heroism has dropped to zero. It just... draws you in with that illusion,  then beats you in the head over and over, taunts you until you just want to beat it and be done with it forever.  And then,  when you've finally beaten it, the damn game laughs in your face and explains it's evil plan in a nasty deconstruction of the whole genre, followed by the inevitable conclusion.

The only way to win this game is to stop playing.

Since then,  my outlook on games have been irreversibly changed, yet I still do play, just other genres.

Any open world game I've played after Skyrim, I guess. I haven't yet found a game that does it so well with such an extensive lore. Sure, it's buggy as all hell and without mods it's just 'okay' at best, but there's never been a game I've played more and I'm fairly certain it will stay that way until Elder Scrolls VI comes out...if it ever will.

Ever since I started playing games on the Nintendo 64, I haven't been that interested in trying other consoles :)

I remember my dad buying me a PS2, but I only played it like, 6 times and I never touched it again and my friend TRIED to get me into the X-Box, but I didn't like it either :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

For a good while, Killing Floor 2 made me forget about pretty much every other first person shooter on the market. The raw gameplay of KF2 is done so so well and as a result, is satisfying as hell. It never gets old. The slow motion effects, the detail in the violence on the beasties that you take out, the sheer amount of weapons and on top of that it being a co-op experience. Other such things like Call of Duty zombies don't even hold a candle to it.

Now, why I did I mention this game in a past tense? Simple. They screwed the game entirely on a technical level on Xbox One with the holiday update. Within a short time frame, it crashed my Xbox One X entirely twice and I have not touched it since, we still haven't gotten a patch. That's well over a month ago folks.

• Brohoof 1