Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Want to buy the iPhone x?

Mlppotterwhoovian

17 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

and I hate some of the other things about my Note 8 (reader placement being another),

Placement of the fingerprint reader is no issue for me. The only I hate is the is fucking dedicated Bixby button, which like Bixby itself, doesn't really need to be there in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Oh yeah, they've never stopped. There have been a few missteps, like the times they've tried to make a tablet and an Iphone clone, but other times they've experimented and broke away from the pack, like with the Passport, the Priv, the Classic (which I still use), and the potential comeback in the recent KeyOne. 

could have sword rim filled for bankruptcy and stopped making hardware

edit: okay, I meant to say sworn, not sword... thanks autocorrect

Yes, but at the same time, no. Reason being is the size, now that I've had a Plus for a year, I can't go back. Also apparently this thing is easily breakable and if it breaks, you're screwed. I've also seen numerous complaints about the awkward bar at the top. So it looks like Apple has some work to do for the next model. Also that price is atrociously egregious.

I'm actually really interested in Razer's new phone, and it's a lot cheaper at 699. However, I love iOS and iMessage and all that. I can't stand Android's OS or how it looks. It just looks so clunky and ugly compared to Apple's OS. Plus the quality materials used by Apple feel so good in your hand compared to the cheap plastic or fake leather Android phones use. On the upside, if you want to change the look of the OS on Android you can, which has me interested since I found a Persona 5 theme.

Long story short, I want the X eventually, but not now.

16 minutes ago, takai said:

Yes, but at the same time, no. Reason being is the size, now that I've had a Plus for a year, I can't go back. Also apparently this thing is easily breakable and if it breaks, you're screwed. I've also seen numerous complaints about the awkward bar at the top. So it looks like Apple has some work to do for the next model. Also that price is atrociously egregious.

I'm actually really interested in Razer's new phone, and it's a lot cheaper at 699. However, I love iOS and iMessage and all that. I can't stand Android's OS or how it looks. It just looks so clunky and ugly compared to Apple's OS. Plus the quality materials used by Apple feel so good in your hand compared to the cheap plastic or fake leather Android phones use. On the upside, if you want to change the look of the OS on Android you can, which has me interested since I found a Persona 5 theme.

Long story short, I want the X eventually, but not now.

Um, you do know pretty much all flagship Androids are fully metal and aluminum now, right? LG was the last major company to jump to the "premium" model. Hell even my budget friendly Moto G5 uses a uniform build, it doesn't have as much metal but it doesn't feel cheap.

no.... 1k for a phone like the iPhone X is really not worth it. It doesn't have much differences and it's completely overpriced imo. like a lot of other people said, the galaxy 8 is a lot better if you want a nice phone that's expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

Not exactly. While I am pondering switching from a Microsoft+Android ecosystem to Apple's, the X doesn't exactly look appealing to me, especially considering how keen Apple is on supporting their older iPhone models. Should I decide (and be able to afford) to make that switch happen, the model I'll be getting will most likely be something akin to a 6s or a 7, depending on when that happens.

• 3 years later...