Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Want to buy the iPhone x?

Mlppotterwhoovian

No. At this point phone improvements are only incremental conveniences. I am disinterested in spending that much for non game changing tech that isn't a laptop. 

• Brohoof 1

iPhone isn't even that good to begin with, plus that's the cheaper model, there's a 256 GB version for $1200

I'll stick with my Moto G5 plus. That cost me $230, and has 64GB plus sd card compatibility.

• Brohoof 2

I doubt I'll be buying any apple product in the future because tbh they've been nothing but unreliable, inconvenient, confusing, and just generally frustrating. I've had like four different apple products stop working for no apparent reason. which is sad because I used to like apple... most people did. But you're just making your products worse so what gives you the audacity to charge people $1000 for a phone?

Edited by Olly
  • Brohoof 1

My iPhone 6 from three and a half years ago is still doing me fine. Not that I have money, but I really don't have any hype for the iPhone X. It's just another iPhone, probably with features that annoy me more than I enjoy. Apple already destroyed their music shuffling feature with iOS 8.4.

• Brohoof 1

Hell no. To me, $1,000 for a phone is insanity. That thing should be able to make a pizza for me at that price. Or at least have a pizza maker attachment. Either way, that price is far beyond anything I would pay for a phone.

• Brohoof 2

No way. Screw that phone. I don't have one nor want one, even if I did its too expensive for a phone and doesn't really offer much for that price. I'd rather save up for the mac pro than pay for that thing. 

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

That thing should be able to make a pizza for me at that price. Or at least have a pizza maker attachment.

IF IT DID make pizza... would you pay $1000 for it?

As for me, the answer is no. I have never liked iPhones.

4 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

If I had to get a new phone, it would be a Blackberry Keyone. Tactile keyboard and a very long battery life. Even brand new, it's still worth half the Iphone X. 

wait blackberries are still around?

2 minutes ago, KrazyDashie said:

wait blackberries are still around?

Oh yeah, they've never stopped. There have been a few missteps, like the times they've tried to make a tablet and an Iphone clone, but other times they've experimented and broke away from the pack, like with the Passport, the Priv, the Classic (which I still use), and the potential comeback in the recent KeyOne. 

My Note 8 kills the X. Sorry, not sorry.

An Apple user's choice is just another Apple device. While I'm pretty devoted to Samsung and glad I never got suckered into an Apple, we on Android have choice. Sometimes it's overwhelming even.

Also this recent tweet by Samsung is just gold:

No SD card, no buy. No stylus, no buy. I've kinda given up the ability to replace the battery, but oh well. The next Note will be even better and I hate some of the other things about my Note 8 (reader placement being another), but it's still a huge upgrade from my previous Note 4. 

And people thought the Note 8 cost a lot on announcement? Then we saw the X cost even more. Yea ok, no. But people on Apple have literally no choice if they do choose to upgrade