Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the MLP movie was written by bronies

Plonkett

12 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

It would've been Past Sins: The Movie. 

Spoiler

Just imagine the reactions from kids when seeing the scene with Nyx being taken away from Twilight by Celestia.

• Brohoof 3

I have a feeling that people would have put their OC's into the movie which would have utterly ruined it. I'm also not going to point out any writers of fan fictions in particular, but it's pretty safe to say that some writers are better at writing things than others are. With how long the movie is, it probably would have multiple writers working on it at the same time, leave parts of the movie better than other parts written by less experienced writers.  

I'm sure a former brony could handle being a writer for a future generation and could have written the MLP movie. It depends on the skill of the individual involved. Also, writers are constrained by corporate. There wouldn't be anything that would depart from the general aesthetic of MLP, regardless of the writer.

On 12/17/2017 at 10:24 AM, cmarston1 said:

Given that something like My Little Dashie is held as a pinnacle of writing in the fandom, I doubt the MLP movie would have been good if it were written by Bronies.

I never heard of "My Little Dashie", but it smells like one stinky piece of shit based on your comment.

• Brohoof 1

Tempest would get a scene that allows her to have revenge on the Ursa minor that ruined her life.  A fight to show her more of her fighting skills. She uses the item to encase it in stone then does whatever to it. Blast off the claw that scarred her.

No thank you. It would be filled with shipping. Gross.

It would end up like a fan fiction, at best. Which is the worst possible outcome.

On 12/14/2017 at 2:20 PM, Shabb3r said:

Actually when you think about it, "Time to Be Awesome" could be interpreted as a push for the freedom of classic liberalism and the defiance of authoritarianism and dictatorship.

I always interpreted it as an "get off of your hindquarters and make something of yourself" kind of song.

As for the Storm King being similar to Donald Trump... I see very few connections. The only parallel that I see is that both The Donald, and The Storm King make me laugh.

But, I suppose it is very open to political interpretation. Politics make me mean, so I don't talk about them. Not here.

Edited by HeavenlySun

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 12:36 PM, SaburoDaimando said:

You really don't want me to do a My Little Pony movie.  It would make Bambi look happier.

Any details you could possibly share?

5 hours ago, vgmaster9 said:

Any details you could possibly share?

A: It would be a dark and depressing film

B: Celestia would be the main protagonist

C: It would be about her losing power to Chancellor Abacus Cinch

D: Twilight Sparkle dies

E: Starlight Glimmer suffers greatly from Twilight's death

F: A Civil War takes place at the Crystal Empire

G: Cinch has a right-hoof Mare wearing a power armor.  This Mare is powerful enough to devastate the most powerful of Alicorns and Draconequus.

Well, honestly, even though I gave the movie a wobbly 6/10, I think it would be possibly worse with Bronies writing it. Sure the upside would be more adult themes in the fact of political statements, social commentary and more adult like violence and threats, but it would be hard to deal with that it was just choked full of OC's and their self-centered attempts to pair their OC's off with existing characters. So painful it makes me cringe. Action wise, and more mature dialogue, great idea, character-wise, one of the biggest mistakes ever. XD

• Brohoof 2

On 12/27/2017 at 10:00 PM, SaburoDaimando said:

A: It would be a dark and depressing film

B: Celestia would be the main protagonist

C: It would be about her losing power to Chancellor Abacus Cinch

D: Twilight Sparkle dies

E: Starlight Glimmer suffers greatly from Twilight's death

F: A Civil War takes place at the Crystal Empire

G: Cinch has a right-hoof Mare wearing a power armor.  This Mare is powerful enough to devastate the most powerful of Alicorns and Draconequus.

H: Heavy metal songs with screaming lyrics, including RULES OF NATURE as a battle theme.

I: The final battle is so big and explosive that it wipes Canterlot and Ponyville off the map, forcing ponykind to travel the multiverse in all future animated adventures.

J: It opens with Robbie Rotten pulling a curtain over the screen and saying "Don't let your kids watch it! It's for the grown man bronies and would heavily traumatize the preschooler girls its parent show is aimed at!"

K: Very violent. Full of gunfire (by pony-friendly firearms), explosions, impalements, summoned torture devices dispatching enemies, and arms, legs, and heads severed.

L: After Twilight dies, DJ-PON3 steps up to take her spotlight.

• Brohoof 1

If it was written by bronies, it would probably have an epic fight similar to what they had in the Season 4 finale or it would be similar to the episode "Slice Of Life" where they try to give all the back-round ponies some screen-time :P 

On 12/26/2017 at 7:56 PM, The MegaBrony said:

We would basically get a 3-hour Platinum Games pony game on the big screen.

Legit, I'd actually be all over this 

On 12/29/2017 at 7:23 AM, Bronylicious Wannabe said:

If bronies wrote the script, the entire thing would be filled with inside jokes, and phrases like "20% cooler" and/or "10 seconds flat" would be said every 2 minutes. 

Lol nice one dude!

• Brohoof 1

It isn't crazy to consider that a fan could be a decent script writer, but when considering the entire population of the fandom, that level of professional talent is highly rare. I've read fanfictions that were good, and written by competent authors with some noticable skill, but considering the process many of the better fic writers use to draft and revise, the work will always be relatively unpolished. The best fandom author could likely conjure a story that is exceedingly average. 

Now, the entire fandom collaborating in a film would probably give birth to a monstrosity so vile it would make Emoji look like The Lion King. 

• Brohoof 4

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:22 AM, The MegaBrony said:

H: Heavy metal songs with screaming lyrics, including RULES OF NATURE as a battle theme.

I: The final battle is so big and explosive that it wipes Canterlot and Ponyville off the map, forcing ponykind to travel the multiverse in all future animated adventures.

J: It opens with Robbie Rotten pulling a curtain over the screen and saying "Don't let your kids watch it! It's for the grown man bronies and would heavily traumatize the preschooler girls its parent show is aimed at!"

K: Very violent. Full of gunfire (by pony-friendly firearms), explosions, impalements, summoned torture devices dispatching enemies, and arms, legs, and heads severed.

L: After Twilight dies, DJ-PON3 steps up to take her spotlight.

M: Ultra emotional and melodramatic moments with intense tears.

N: Rape and torture scenes to add shock.

O: A lot of scenes that would be meant to arouse, not to mention clop scenes.

P: Daybreaker being added to the film, and kills lots of ponies in very gory ways.

Q: Snowdrop being added in, just for fan service.

A Princess Luna movie would be easy. Make A Nightmare on Elm Street concept with a nightmare villain voiced by Robert Englund. He travels in pony dreams tormenting them and it just curses them to never wake up just stuck in the nightmare.

This wouldn't work, just because if you look at most fanfics, it all is over the top and such and probably add strange things in, :dash:

Edited by Hieroklicious
  • Brohoof 1