Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season 8 release date potentially revealed!

Drunkfrank

Hopefully this is true, because given what we know about the season due to legal information being spread, and people saying good things about leaked episodes (that I haven't watched and don't want to spoil anyone, just saying that I have heard good things about some of the episodes of season 8 that were looked) I am curious to see what the season will be like.

• Brohoof 1

Hopefully it's true. I'd like to start with my poneh, as it's possible my last few years with them. At least the wait will be a little more bearable, as we'll get the first EG special a few weeks prior 

• Brohoof 1

AW YEAH! March sounds good to me. It's actually a little sooner than I thought. I was expecting later in March or in April, which has been the trend for the past couple of seasons. I've heard some really good things about the leaked episodes (and watched one that I thought was good) so I'm very optimistic. This could be a great year!

• Brohoof 2

Can't wait to finnaly watch the season8, I've heard a lot of interesting theories about what could happen there and I hope they'll come true.

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that's good! Finally an end is in sight for this hiatus! 

I'm really looking forward to watching season 8, especially because I haven't seen any of the leaked episodes so I have no idea what season 8 is going to be about going into it :ooh:  

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, King of Canterlot said:

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that's good! Finally an end is in sight for this hiatus! 

I'm really looking forward to watching season 8, especially because I haven't seen any of the leaked episodes so I have no idea what season 8 is going to be about going into it :ooh:  

I haven't watched any of the leaked epesodes because I like starting on epesode 1

• Brohoof 2

Guess they wanted to have it get underway much sooner than what they usually do because of the unfortunate leaks last month. In any case, the wait isn't as long as what we've come to expect around this time during the hiatus.

• Brohoof 1

I'm just disappointed because, unless i'm pleasantly wrong and just based on the synopses, it looks like this'll be the first season since season 1 where there's no appearances from Shining Armor and Cadence. (not counting the new opening) Come to think of it, it doesn't seem as if we're getting any Wonderbolt appearances either.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Bas said:

Uhm, can you explain the latter two? What kind of EG special, and are you refering to the ~2 mins EG episodes("season 1") as "YouTube series"?

Also, is there any info on the release for the next EG movie?

There is a 44 minute EQG special titled "forgotten friendship" dropping in February 

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, Bas said:

Uhm, can you explain the latter two? What kind of EG special, and are you refering to the ~2 mins EG episodes("season 1") as "YouTube series"?

Also, is there any info on the release for the next EG movie?

With the special, I meant "Forgotten Friendship", and with the YouTube series, I indeed meant the two-minute shorts. Eleven of those were actually first released on an app, but with ten of them available on YouTube now, I'm sure we'll see all-new ones soon. I'm not sure when the Choose Your Own Ending ones will be released on YouTube (and if they are part of the same series), but at least a couple of regular EqG shorts were leaked so we know there's more to come.

I haven't heard anything about a new movie.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 2

That's good news but I thought it was going to be on March 31st, so that's a potential season premiere date until Zap2it or Discovery Family think that March 31st is the right date to premiere the 8th season of My Little Pony.

Edited by Allen

Sweet!  I normally like to keep up to date with episodes but I decided I prefer to see them at least within the same ballpark of when they are intended to release, so I chose not to watch any of the leaked episodes, plus I'd rather see them in their full glory with the background music.  The internet has made it very difficult to avoid spoilers so I've come across a few, and I hate spoilers so this whole leak business has left me a little sour.   But, I've managed to avoid the bulk of spoilers (I think), so I look forward on being caught up when the season officially airs.  

• Brohoof 1

Seriously.  This has got to be the shortest and least painful hiatus ever.  We have gotten since the end of the Season the MLP Movie on DVD/Blu-Ray, Equestria Girls shorts, and now the Equestria Girls Forgotten Friendship special coming up.  And to top it all off, this year is MLP's 35th Anniversary.  And we're gonna get a boatload of My Little Pony content this year that will make the last 7 years look small.