Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anybody else wish the changelings hadn't changed in appearance when they reformed?

kaiser5578

It's grown on me. I admit, I didn't like their appearances at first, but I actually think these designs are better, and it's because the designs now have more opportunities to be individualistic - which is super important to the character growth of the changelings which previously functioned as a dark hivemind.

• Brohoof 2

While I like the old design, variety was pretty much nonexistent. While it works, it never left much for the imagination (though, that's not universal as plenty of fan artists worked with it anyway). Admittedly the newer designs took a little time to get used to, but I think they work a LOT better as there is actually variety. Gives me a lot more to work with.

And by GOD reformed Pharynx is bae~

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

.And by GOD reformed Pharynx is bae~

What do you mean by bae?

And as for my opinion, as soon as I saw their final "butterfly stage", I realized "they're just like Hungry Caterpillars transforming into Beautiful Butterflies" just like in real life. That's brilliant!

I can see why some would want the old designs, but honestly they all look the same with almost no variations. Granted, the new designs still mostly come in only 6 different variations and not completely different appearance from 'Ling to 'Ling, but still in my eyes, that's better than nothing.