39 users have voted

1. 1. Well?

• The Blu Ray + DVD+ Digital release
    • The DVD release.
    • The Amazon Digital release
    • The Target Exclusive Blu Ray + DVD+ Digital release
    • I don't own this movie.
    • The Steam release...?

I suppose it's a safe assumption that a few of you guys and gals own this movie? :) If so, then what version do you own? I own the Blu Ray + DVD+ Digital release myself. :P

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Recherche said:

I suppose it's a safe assumption that a few of you guys and gals own this movie? :) If so, then what version do you own? I own the Blu Ray + DVD+ Digital release myself. :P

Me too.

• Brohoof 1

I have the Blu-ray/DVD/digital combo too. I imported the American release, as I was pretty sure the Nordic release wouldn't have all the special features (and from what I've heard, that is indeed the case). I've only watched the DVD, though, as I don't have a Blu-ray player at the moment. :)

• Brohoof 3

I don't own the movie, but I did purchase the comic version and the comic prequel, but it doesn't have all of the dialogue and the prequel isn't canon or terribly informative.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Walmart exclusive. With the bundled Fluttershy water bottle. 

Wait a second... this exists? :o I haven't seen this version before.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

I don't own the movie, but I did purchase the comic version and the comic prequel, but it doesn't have all of the dialogue and the prequel isn't canon or terribly informative.

None of the comics/books are canon, but some are quite amusing. I have the Kindle editions of several of them (although the artbook doesn't render properly, which makes me sad) and have bought some boxed sets for my friends' kids, to support the series :)

Also picked up the S1 dvd boxed set - which claims to have some extras (sing alongs, pony profiles and activity sheets) but I haven't gone though the discs yet to look :)

(edited)

open up your eyes. 

:icwudt:

Image result for mlp movie water bottle set

That's actually very cool! I wasn't even aware that this existed! :yay:

Edited by Recherche

23 minutes ago, CoffeeHoof said:

None of the comics/books are canon, but some are quite amusing. I have the Kindle editions of several of them (although the artbook doesn't render properly, which makes me sad) and have bought some boxed sets for my friends' kids, to support the series :)

I know but backstories/origins tend to be looked at closer so I had a sliver of hope.

• Brohoof 1

I bought the Blu-Ray+DVD+Digital as well, though I've only really watched the digital version so far. :P My Drama teacher found out I'm a brony because he saw me buying it at the mall a few months ago! :D 

Edited by Wannabrony
  • Brohoof 4

I don't own the movie yet, but I have watched it through downloaded links online. I plan to buy the movie when it comes down in price, it's kinda expensive right now, but a few more months it should come a few more dollars down in price :sunshower:

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Recherche said:

Wait a second... this exists? :o I haven't seen this version before.

I don't remember if it was Fluttershy, but I did see a pony water bottle that came with the movie a while back. I decided not to buy it tho :please:

• 1 month later...

Truth be told I wasn't really planning on buying the movie.  I mean since it was cannon with the series,if I ever decided to buy the seasons of the series in box sets or what not I may have included it then, but otherwise wasn't planning on buying it.

However, I was doing my MLP:FIM marathon (watched the entire series from season 1-Season 7) and I wanted to be caught up.  I thought Hulu had the movie (dumb clip thing) and thus I renewed my Subscription to hulu to watch the movie.. but well as Said, it was a clip/trailer thus not the movie.  I was a bit annoyed... I was set on watching the movie (yesterday... 5/27) and can't go into town... so I got on Amazon.  I could of just rented it, but I was like "Well, may as well get something I can 'keep' from my troubles" since I had renewed my Hulu subscription so I just bought the Amazon version of it.  Plus, in case I wanted to Marathon the series in the future, I can now just watch the movie without paying any additional costs.

(edited)

Why is it that the most votes belong to those who don't have a copy of the movie? Is one reason why because they live in a country where it still has yet to be released there, or the movie is only available on VOD services?

Edited by FirePuppy

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I don't own the movie at all, as I've only seen it in cinemas and nothing else.

Edited by Cash In

Since I live in Germany and Walmart and Target won't ship here unless I was willing to pay outrageous prices I was stuck with the default Bluray+DVD+Digital, but I am not upset about it. I bought it the day it came out and I went to see it in theaters. 

On 6/5/2018 at 1:30 AM, FirePuppy said:

Why is it that the most votes belong to those who don't have a copy of the movie? Is one reason why because they live in a country where it still has yet to be released there, or the movie is only available on VOD services?

Well some places in the world the movie either didn't get released or its release was crap. Like in Australia they ONLY got it on DVD so few people bought it because DVD is almost a dead format and people prefer HD.

The other reality is... Let's be real... People stole it. The movie was leaked only a few days before it came out and that leak severely damaged the film, both its box office release and its home media release. A big problem in the brony community is that they pirate so much stuff, this is one of the few examples of how piracy can vastly negatively affect a movie. I tried to encourage people to pay to see it, but all I got were lame excuses like:

"I don't have anyone to go with." - So... You steal the movie? That makes no sense.

"I wasn't going to pay to see it anyway so they aren't losing a customer." - Yet... You're trying to see it. So you don't think you need to pay to see things but still feel entitled to see them?

"I don't want to be the only older guy there." - If you continue to hide your interests the company doesn't make money and has no incentive to keep making the product.

4 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

The other reality is... Let's be real... People stole it. The movie was leaked only a few days before it came out and that leak severely damaged the film, both its box office release and its home media release. A big problem in the brony community is that they pirate so much stuff, this is one of the few examples of how piracy can vastly negatively affect a movie.

So that's why a few of those countries "banned" it in the first place! (Note: The quotation marks don't mean they did it officially, by the way.)