Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would it be possible for Celestia to have a daughter?

ManaMinori

Theoretically speaking, it could happen. According to the "Reflections" comic arc, she had fallen for good King Sombra at a young age in her life (for an alicorn). While Starswirl had been the one who put a stop to the relationship due to too much interference in other worlds, I can't imagine an emotional and distraught Celestia would've been ok with this, even after the dust from the near merging world catastrophe had settled. I strongly suspect that with Starswirl's schematics of the mirror,  having helped him work on it in order to reach alternate worlds, Celestia would've acted on her emotions and done something drastic in order to remain as close to her lover as possible.  

What if Celestia sent something of hers to limbo, assuming it would be safer than directly to the AU world where good King Sombra had been....what if that something that she sent was an unfertilized egg, or all her eggs- perhaps hoping or putting a spell on them to be fertilized with the love that remained in AU Sombra's heart and her own. This would explain why she has no biological family in Equestria other than her sister. It would also explain why she named Cadance the Princess of Love after learning of her skils and power in defeating Prismia, as a pegasus, if Celestia had still been pining for an heir of her and Sombra's.  It would explain why she adopted Cadance thereafter. It would explain why she sent her adopted daughter/niece to rule the Crystal Empire of Equestria's world, if her heart had still not yet healed and desired to have even a false daughter close to Sombra, even if the one from her world was not her own.

Perhaps Celestia's eggs are still in limbo, becoming embryos and developing from the love between both worlds,  if this is, in fact, the case. I would love to see whether Cadance has the ability to sense the love in bewteen one world and another, to be honest. But even if it it merely hypothetical,  Celestia had her fair share of follies in the past, so I don't think something so drastic would be entirely out of the question. 

• Brohoof 1

No reason I can think of why she couldn't other than the fact she's a thousand years old. Just because you look young doens't mean you're still fertile. And she doesn't have the power to go to limbo, that required complex magic using the elements of harmony. She may have had access to the elements at one point, but she wouldn't have had knowledge as to how to cast such a spell, and I doubt she would know how to remove her own eggs in a medieval setting, magic or not.

A better question I think would be if it'd be irresponsible for her to have a daughter.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see why she couldn't be capable of conceiving a child. However, I don't think she would have had the time given her duty to Equestria comes first before her own personal desires--though she is trying to change this habit a little bit. Also, who would've been worthy enough to be her betrothed?

@Nightmare Muffin

Sound unnecessarily over complicated what you said. 

The answer to your topic should be simply yes. After all, we clearly saw Princess Cadance have a daughter.

Edited by SwitchGuy2018

1 hour ago, Conred said:

I think she wants Twilight to replace her becuase she wants to retire and start her own family before she reach menopause

She's already over a thousand years old, so either it is already too late for her, or she needs to really speed things along.

Yeah, I mean, why not? She still looks young so I would assume it's very possible. The only reason I would assume she doesn't have one is she is afraid of finding, having love, and the pain of losing it.

To Celestia, it is better to have never loved  rather then having loved and lost.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, RyanMahaffe said:

Celestia and Luna are just natural born Alicorns, which are just super ponies pretty much. They can reproduce.

The episode "The Crystalling" seems to challenge that idea.
Everyone was surprised that a pony could be born an alicorn. Rarity states that its something which has to be earned (something that even Megan McCarthy confirmed). Even Luna states that such a thing is beyond her understanding.

On 4/22/2018 at 2:16 AM, Mystic Brush said:

to me, the immortal sisters are kinda like vampires. :lol:

I really dont think they could reproduce even if they wanted to. Also, it would be pretty horrible to outlive your child.

Unless they're born alicorn as well :dash:. That puts a bit of a dilemma with McFlurry tho :huh:

9 hours ago, Tenebrae said:

The episode "The Crystalling" seems to challenge that idea.
Everyone was surprised that a pony could be born an alicorn. Rarity states that its something which has to be earned (something that even Megan McCarthy confirmed). Even Luna states that such a thing is beyond her understanding.

Beyond their understanding as in they do not fully understand the capabilities of a newborn alicorn, they have been confirmed several times after that episode to be naturally born alicorns. 

35 minutes ago, RyanMahaffe said:

Beyond their understanding as in they do not fully understand the capabilities of a newborn alicorn, they have been confirmed several times after that episode to be naturally born alicorns. 

Confirmed several times? You are going to have to back that up, because I don't see any evidence of such.

Besides how could they not understand the capabilities of a newborn Alicorn if they themselves were natural alicorns.

Although it is just something I made, I am working on a fan series that takes place in the future, where Equestria is ruled by Celestia's son. Leadership was passed onto him after she had passed away during an apocalypse.

She's very old, so I think the time for that came and went. Cadance is significantly younger, so her experience doesn't really say anything about Celestia, or Luna for that matter, who I don't think are still capable of having children, unless there's something weird in alicorn biology.

I have always seen Celestia and Luna as the 'legendary pokemon' ... for those who know pokemon they will know that the legendary ones are only one, there can not be another like them, they are only eternal, they can not breed and they fulfill some cosmic / natural function / supernatural...

if we follow this logic, unlike the other ponies Celestia and Luna have infinite and powerful magic, at the same time they are immortal ... but lacking the ability to procreate. (It's just a theory.)

Berry! that can not be possible, perhaps you did not see that Cadence is an Mom alicorn, so Celestia and Luna could procreate?

Answer: Cadence is not an Alicorn by birth, she was initially a pegasus .. and as they have mentioned before, the alicorn who are not born live a normal life like the rest of the ponies.

Berry! Does that mean that Twilight is not immortal?

Answer: if Cadence is not, clearly Twilight either ... it does not impress how much magic or power it has, it will live and it will die like the rest of the ponies ... unless 'magically' will be the new ''celestia'' and make her and be eternal, it is the protagonist, the writers could do something with that xD

• 1 month later...