Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Could Chrysalis be the 'Tempest' of the series finale?

FlareGun45

Chrysalis has been a recurring antagonist for a while, and she's still at large, wanting her revenge on Glimglam! Poor Glimglam. That's probably Glimglam's arc right now, and probably her part in the series finale! You know why I say this? Because I believe Chrysalis might be the secondary antagonist of the series finale! Like the 'Tempest Shadow' of the finale! One more chance at revenge by teaming up by a big baddie like Tirek or Grogar, or an army of monsters from Tartarus! Then she's gonna end up betrayed, and who's there to help Chrysalis when no one else is there? Glimglam! It causes Chrysalis to be reformed and play a key part in the finale! She can reunite with her changelings and rule along side Thorax!

We all know she isn't reforming in the Mean 6, so this option is open!

;)

• Brohoof 1

This isn't a terrible idea... but I wouldn't exactly call it Series Finale material. :rarity: Series Finales usually trash the status quo, and resolve all of the major hurdles that have been put forth to the protagonists. While this idea isn't bad, I don't think that this would make for a very good Series Finale. A season finale, maybe, but not the end of the series. This idea is neat... but it wouldn't end the series very well, as it only concludes one character arc.

14 minutes ago, Recherche said:

This isn't a terrible idea... but I wouldn't exactly call it Series Finale material. :rarity: Series Finales usually trash the status quo, and resolve all of the major hurdles that have been put forth to the protagonists. While this idea isn't bad, I don't think that this would make for a very good Series Finale. A season finale, maybe, but not the end of the series. This idea is neat... but it wouldn't end the series very well, as it only concludes one character arc.

Ok, well, this could just be a map mission maybe with Starlight and someone else! It's really no biggie! You might have a good point! The finale might not be able to fit so much in one. But then again, the finale could be more than just 2 parts! But we'll see! ;) 

Not really.  In fact, if I was doing a Series Finale, it would be about every creature good and evil uniting together to stop a cataclysm from destroying the planet(And winning in the end, obviously, despite some major damage to the cities).

I wouldn't mind something similar to this, though I don't like the idea of her reforming this easily. I personally think she should be reformed by Zecora.

Okay, here's the thing: Chrysalis is an egotist. The comparison to Tempest Shadow is really sketchy, because Tempest acted out due to alienation and (admittedly selfish) desperation, whereas Chrysalis is just arrogant and think she always knows best. If Chrysalis were to join with the mane six in this way, I don't think it would likely stick, because I just don't think she has good intentions. It's not impossible, but it doesn't seem like the most logical path for her as a character. Besides, as a series finale, a rehash is the last thing I want. 

• Brohoof 1

Perfect strategy,

The power of fear and hate.

First, she releases

Spoiler

Grogar

and he in turn

Spoiler

resurrects King Sombra, Sombra launches his assault to regain control of the Crystail Empire and success, he uses a spell from the dark crystals to turn residents of Ponyville and the Empire into fearful and hateful versions of themselves(this in turn helps Grogar regain his powers) then finally pièce de résistance, the destruction of the Elements of Harmony.

(edited)

NOOOOO!!!!! PLEASE DON'T REFORM CHRYSALIS!!!!! The only thing about her that is interesting is that she is a good villain. It would be like reforming Maleficent or Scar.

5 minutes ago, Nightmare Terror said:

Didn’t Crysalis die or something?

Correct me if I’m wrong please!

No, she did not die.

Edited by Babyyoshi309

2 minutes ago, Babyyoshi309 said:

NOOOOO!!!!! PLEASE DON'T REFORM CHRYSALIS!!!!! The only thing about her that is interesting is that she is a good villain. It would be like reforming Maleficent or Scar.

No, she did not die.

Oh ok I was making sure

On 5/8/2018 at 10:34 PM, Whomps said:

Oh God please no. No more reforming major villains

Exactly, we need villains to be un-reformed, bring in more bad guys!

On 5/9/2018 at 12:16 AM, SaburoDaimando said:

Not really.  In fact, if I was doing a Series Finale, it would be about every creature good and evil uniting together to stop a cataclysm from destroying the planet(And winning in the end, obviously, despite some major damage to the cities).

Or it could just end up being Fallout: Equestria

IMG_5259.JPG

On 5/8/2018 at 10:24 PM, MegaSean45 said:

Chrysalis has been a recurring antagonist for a while, and she's still at large, wanting her revenge on Glimglam! Poor Glimglam. That's probably Glimglam's arc right now, and probably her part in the series finale! You know why I say this? Because I believe Chrysalis might be the secondary antagonist of the series finale! Like the 'Tempest Shadow' of the finale! One more chance at revenge by teaming up by a big baddie like Tirek or Grogar, or an army of monsters from Tartarus! Then she's gonna end up betrayed, and who's there to help Chrysalis when no one else is there? Glimglam! It causes Chrysalis to be reformed and play a key part in the finale! She can reunite with her changelings and rule along side Thorax!

Hide contents

We all know she isn't reforming in the Mean 6, so this option is open!

;)

Mean Six spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah, she won't be reformed nor defeated in Mean Six, and there's no indication she will even appear in the rest of the season, so that leaves S9, the presumed final season. I do hope Grogar himself doesn't appear, but rather filling the role of legacy villain. I prefer Chrysy to be the final, and sole antagonist in the series finale

(edited)

No more villain reformations please for the love of god.

At this point I would rather see the show pull a Legend of Korra with its villains and just kill them off instead of reforming them.

Edited by cmarston1