Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If mlp fim was cancelled early how do you react

SDP40F amtrak

I don't think such a thing would have happened due to the huge marketing power it had back then, due to its huge audience... but if it did happen, then I suppose it just would have ended there. Though there are many veterans here, I've only been around since February myself, so they're in a much better position to talk than I am. :pout:

• Brohoof 2

ummm... 2013? uh.... its... 2018 right now.... i wasnt into the show at 2013... but if i was back then id probably still do my own thing like i usually do.

Well that means we'd still have gotten season 3. Personally I think Magical Mystery Cure was one of the most disappointing episodes we've ever gotten, in part because it feels rushed to introduce Alicorn Princess Twilight so they can sell toys, but as a series finale it would leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. I joined MLP Forums late that year so I probably wouldn't have joined at all if the show was cancelled. I'd be upset for sure, but I'd watch the old episodes on occasion, read some fanfics and definately keep listening to music that the fandom has created. In an attempt to keep the fandom alive I guess I might contribute my own fanfiction since I had a whole series laid out but my writing was crap at the time and I had about 20 pages worth of content without having provided names for any of my characters. So it would probably do terribly, and within a year I'd have moved on with exception to the music.

• Brohoof 1

If the show had been canceled back in 2013 then I wouldn't even be here typing this response, as I got into MLP around this time last year. If MLP wouldn't have existed last year, then I would have never have started watching ponies and being drowned in the adorable fluff of them. So I guess I wouldn't have noticed, or reacted at all if it was cancelled because I wouldn't have even been a fan in the first place.  

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle is best said:

So happen if mlp fim was  getting cancelled early in 2013  how do you react if mlp fim was cancelled 

As I didn't become a fan until 2014 ... I wouldn't have reacted. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I got into MLP after Thanksgiving of 2011 so I saw the second half of season 2 and all of season 3 during their first telecast. MLP was designed as a 65 episode series for easy syndication in the event it wasn’t extended beyond season 3. If they fell short of expectations and ended with Magical Mystery Cure, I would’ve been disappointed but not heartbroken. I got to enjoy a fun cartoon during that time and made a number of great new friends here in the process. What’s really hard to guess is how much the fan base could have grown if we’re relying solely on reruns. 

I got into the show a year later so I wouldn't be affected as much although if it got cancelled after 2014 I would probably be upset but I'll get over it 

2013 was before I really got into the show, so I probably wouldn't have felt the pain. I'd still watch the few episodes in reruns but it would seem it was cancelled in its prime and therefore be a regrettable footnote. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...