Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How bad is racism/sexism, etc in the MLP fandom?

ShadowSJG

(edited)

Compared to the general population it seems tame enough. But I am sure there are such people around. There was this article about certain alt right bronies but eh

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2019-06-19 at 3:14 PM, Miss Kitty Cathy said:

I've recently begun to see a spike in homophobia on this forum, so I'm not really so sure if it isn't that bad.

I’m sure that’s false. There’s a difference between  having a different sexual orientation and gender identity with basing your whole identity to them or using those as ways to “be an asshole free pass” :dash:. I mean,  no one like assholes. It’s just unadjusted people have been largely successful in gaslighting society into believing they are rejected because of being phones, instead for them being douches :dry:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

Extremely bad. Racism and sexism is bad no matter what fandom the racists and sexists are a part of. I don't think I've ever heard of good racism or good sexism before.

Actual answer: Aryanne, /mlpol/, this forum's debate pit pre-shutdown, yeah there might be a slight racism issue in the MLP fandom. Obviously not gonna say racists represent the majority of MLP fans but I do think MLP fans tend to take the "tolerance" bit too far when it comes to hate groups. The easiest comparison I can make is the furry fandom and the furry fandom is VERY low tolerance with racism and sexism, broadly speaking.