Are you religious?

Midnight Blaze 98

The thing about being atheist for me is that I think a lot of things can be explained by science. And also, science is a lot of the time about disproving or being proven wrong. Which is great because to me it means you can learn from it. I don’t think God can be disproven, but that’s the beauty of it. Trying to find answers is enlightening. And also why I’m an agnostic atheist. I don’t believe in God but I believe in the possibility of a God.

• Brohoof 3

I belive in religion as much as I belive in science and history. I'm not religious or an athiest. I simply don't know and honestly don't care. There is no black or white answer as humans lie, exaggerate, make mistakes, create untrue facts, real and fake conspiracies and overall don't know any different.

That's my weird view on it :P

• Brohoof 1

:nom: 

• 2 months later...

I am catholic but I do not necessarily consider myself to be "religious", as I only bring it up if the topic of conversation calls for it. I believe in Jesus Christ, God, and that there is a heaven and hell. However, I do not ever visit church or pray.

No, I'm an atheist, and I have a strong opinion on why I shouldn't believe in god, but I hold it for myself only.

Agree with @Cyralicious here. I don't like religions. It great conflicts and people do not think clearly over thinks.

• Brohoof 1

If I don't understand something or Interpret it wrong, I'm dutch. Sometimes I gamble for meanings of the words. And sometimes I write the wrong words, like week and weak for example. Sorry for it already. :smug:

Discord, Twilight, Sunset, Fluttershy, Starlight, Rarity, Luna, Celestia, Big MCintosh, Cadence, Shining, Minuette, Lyra, Rara, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Derpy, Spike.

!Feel Free To Talk And Walk Where Ever You Like On This Forum!

• 2 weeks later...

I certainly am. 5 daily prayers every day till I die.

“All Muslims are like a foundation, each strengthening the other; in such a way they do support each other.” (Abu Musa, Bukhari & Muslim)

“Say: He is God, who is One. God, the Eternal. He begets not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him.” (Chapter 112, Qur'an)

I'm not a religious person, but I am a deist (which is more of a belief than a religion).

I'm not religious but there is nothing wrong with people who are, whatever motivates them to better themselves in the future is what they should strive for; if you are held back by a belief then you should let it go and look forward.  Just know that those friends that you believed but were holding you back aren't really interested in a better you or themselves but rather want the easy and less successful way out and would rather wallow in their own pain and want others to experience it with them so they think that their not the only one to experience said pain.  Only those who see the whole picture and follow their own path to it can they experience true success, filters blur this image and it's up to each person to look past their own filters and reach their own image; one filter at a time.

TheMoon_banner4_sm.jpg

My mother is highly devoted to her faith (and my younger sister is not too far behind), and she prays daily, studies the bible vert regularly, only listens to Christian music, is completely against anything "demonic/corrupt", etc. She tried to force her beliefs onto me (and still is), but I am honestly not interested. I have no issues with religion, unless someone tries to force their beliefs onto you with no way out.

I am a member of the LGBTQ+ community, but I am a very closed closet. If my mother found out I am non-binary and pan, she would do everything she could to "rid of the demons inside of me". As for my father, he is very traditional, and would never understand. He'd probably conclude I have many mental illnesses if I shared with him some of my more personal stuff, including my preferred gender pronouns. In addition, I love writing - especially medieval fantasy and Victorian era fantasy. Trouble is, everything I write, every video game I play, every book I read, goes against her beliefs, so I have to be quite secretive when it comes to my personal life.

Christian yes, but i am not insanely religious. Just typical pray and die view of life is as simple as i keep it. And even then i pray if i do something i feel is wrong or try to make up for it if i have wronged someone. The best way i can explain it is to try to be as friendly as i can. Well thats my goal atleast.

Edited by Magora

agnostic here. I went through the aethiest and Pagan/Wiccan phase whilst at school, but tbh Religon was kinda everywhere in my life; I was at a private school which had its own methodist chapel, which was also used as an assembly and concert hall too (its huge) so it was mandatory to be sat in it or performing in it often, we have very close family friends (extended family levels of close) who are either part of their local Parish or are Catholic, so in my late teens i decided im agnostic instead of aethist.

I also adore history and work with historical buildings, so Churches come up a lot and I actually love the architecture a lot and find myself in them anyway. My mum and Denz's mum are both very spiritual/new age type people too, so that was another factor into it.

I am Christian I believe in one god and his son who die for humanity sins but I don't go to church but I think there more of god then that bible say. for me gay are sinners and I  condemn  gay marriage  but they have the right to love, respected and have a normal life like everyone else , I don't have ploblem having a friends that is gay  .  god is god love and forgivness and we are all sinners

Never Give up

Nope i'm not religious or an extremist.I am Catholic though,and go to church at least 2 times a week and pray the rosary 3 times a week,because my religious mother makes me do all this.I very much dislike what she makes me do btw. :dry:

5aaef15033e6c_Vanhalen.png.e980bc9025ae3c444155cc2883a361ce.png.810811d998de11a227f926e2f5abb2dd.png

Avatar drawn by me, Signature by @Gone Airborne

Yes! I'm not the only athiest here! Religion just isn't for me, considering that the worst part of my life was mainly about religion, I really don't like it. But if you're religious and don't push your beliefs down my throat, than we're good 

• Brohoof 1

I am not religious. I consider myself to be an agnostic with a slight belief in the possibility of reincarnation. Other than that, I don't put myself under any religious labels nor do I dabble into any of it a lot.

• 2 months later...
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

I am none of the above,

I am a Celestianist!

Probably best puting an option for "Other Religion!"

I know, I posted it too fast, I'm trying to fix it now. Well, there you go... it's fixed.

Edited by Sondash Studios
  • Brohoof 1

ezgif.com-crop.gif

Tell me this isn't the cutest thing you've seen all day?