Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you religious?

Midnight Blaze 98

I am Christian, I do not support Homosexuality. I still stay firm to those beliefs instead of mudding and twisting scripture until it meets with society. Because once you do that you water it down until it meaningless.  I see what you did. you opened this thread just to open a can of worms didn't you? There no other explanation for it. 

I don't support it but don't treat those who are like dirt (had some major drama in my family tree over lesbain marriage)

Apperently it is "oh free speech,, unless you're Christian than you're suppose to shut up" Could quote something in the bible about this very turn in society but..have feeling it would fall on dealt ears. I've said my peace let judgement be befell upon me.

• Brohoof 1

No, and very much.

I've always wanted to make a big post about my issues with it that outline all the things I have against it, but I would be afraid i would be coming off as bad sounding or sounding like a crazy rant.

In summary though, it's about-

-The scientific regard to it, how there's so much humans have learned about the world as opposed to the believing things without neccesarily having scientific knowhow about it, a particular thing is like, carbon dating something to be a particular amount of years old using a scientific method, and some religious people see something like that as "testing their faith" despite scientists knowing the mechanics of carbon dating. (I'm a big science person.)

-The morality of it, all the you shall not do this because it's what our religion says, but more the people trying to shove that in people's throats obnoxiously, in particular the obsession with hating guy people for doing things different, that really irritates me. I wish people like that would leave gay people alone, they aren't trying to do anything to anyone else.

Once I get into a talk about this sort of thing it's easy for me to get in a rut.

However I know that religion does things for good, helping others, lessons, all that, and that's cool and all, I just want people to stop with being obnoxious to others. (this would include people who feel the same way I do.)

• Brohoof 2

I couldn't, and wouldn't want to, live without religion. It's the foundation of everything and it's the most important thing in life. I may not be the best kind of person but religion gives me something to aspire to and work toward. 

I am quite religious. I was born into a christian family and raised with church. I go to the reformed church, liberated. I love my church, I have my friends there and I help out with taking care of the little kids during the surmon and such. I don't know what I'd do without my believe, it has been the only thing to hold on to for many times. 

While I personally don't believe in any deity, I'm not sure that there isn't one. I've just never come across any compelling evidence of one, and if such a being were to exist I couldn't even fathom what it would desire so I'd just live life the way I want to anyway. So no, not religious.

• Brohoof 1

I've never liked the justification of homosexuality being wrong because it goes against the bible, just seems really silly to me. 

• Brohoof 2

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:59 PM, BlinkZ said:

I am Christian, I do not support Homosexuality. I still stay firm to those beliefs instead of mudding and twisting scripture until it meets with society. Because once you do that you water it down until it meaningless.  I see what you did. you opened this thread just to open a can of worms didn't you? There no other explanation for it. 

I don't support it but don't treat those who are like dirt (had some major drama in my family tree over lesbain marriage)

Apperently it is "oh free speech,, unless you're Christian than you're suppose to shut up" Could quote something in the bible about this very turn in society but..have feeling it would fall on dealt ears. I've said my peace let judgement be befell upon me.

The fact that homosexuality is the one thing you bring up to go against, that's pretty lame. The bible condemns multiple things, yet you chose to specifically attack that.

Free speech is totally fine, hell, you people have entire massive buildings dedicated to you telling everyone that you are right, but that doesn't mean it can't be criticized.

This is something I really needed to say. That post got under my skin in a multitude of ways.

• Brohoof 4

On 12/6/2017 at 10:59 PM, BlinkZ said:

I am Christian, I do not support Homosexuality. I still stay firm to those beliefs instead of mudding and twisting scripture until it meets with society. Because once you do that you water it down until it meaningless. 

I mean, that has very much already happened. Modern-day interpretations of the Bible have done that extensively. The Bible would not be even remotely palatable in modern-day culture if that weren't the case.

It will evolve again to be majority accepting of homosexuality (at least in major Western sects), and after that point a church being against homosexuality will look like that one church that popped up in the news a year or so ago (it could have been longer, I don't remember) who rejected a couple because they were interracial.

You may not be happy with these developments, but trust me, if interpretations of the Bible did not evolve to meet with society, the Bible would be left behind.

Homosexuality is not a good place to go down fighting. There's absolutely no real reason to be against it. In my later years as a Christian, I could tell you that I was thinking "If this God is really against homosexuality, he can't be real". Don't ask me how I was ignoring all of the other atrocious things in the Bible. I don't get it anymore, either. However, I will say that being against homosexuality alone was enough to drive me away from the religion (Well, you know, in addition to that whole inconvenient "there's no reason to believe" thing). And I don't think I even have to say it, but... I am not alone.

Progressive interpretations were the only thing keeping me in Christianity. I am now an anti-theist.

• Brohoof 1

On 12/10/2017 at 8:29 PM, Kyoshi said:

The fact that homosexuality is the one thing you bring up to go against, that's pretty lame. The bible condemns multiple things, yet you chose to specifically attack that.

Free speech is totally fine, hell, you people have entire massive buildings dedicated to you telling everyone that you are right, but that doesn't mean it can't be criticized.

This is something I really needed to say. That post got under my skin in a multitude of ways.

Because that topic people won't shut up about. what were you expect me to bring up stem cells? or prostitution?  I can understand if you've been assaulted by some extremists out there but that no reason to point at every christian an say 'you are all like this" Cause that a huge fallacy. Also if you can get triggers i can too it's only fair.

A church doesn't need a building to be a gospel you know. But bending over backwards for (insert converial thing here, there too many to mention) just weakens things.

1 minute ago, BlinkZ said:

Because that topic people won't shut up about. what were you expect me to bring up stem cells? or prostitution?  I can understand if you've been assaulted by some extremists out there but that no reason to point at every christian an say 'you are all like this" Cause that a huge fallacy. Also if you can get triggers i can too it's only fair.

A church doesn't need a building to be a gospel you know. But bending over backwards for (insert converial thing here, there too many to mention) just weakens things.

As long as you don't actively try to weaken LGBT rights, then whatever. The more religious people do that, the more we won't shut up about it.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

As long as you don't actively try to weaken LGBT rights, then whatever. The more religious people do that, the more we won't shut up about it.

You mean let them walk all over us..yeah no. But whatever, i know how this conversation goes pretty often. not very good at apologetics. I still stand firm in beliefs despite naysayers. you act like having a morla code isa bad thing. BOTH sides do atrocities to each other. it like a cold war...kind of

5 hours ago, BlinkZ said:

BOTH sides do atrocities to each other. it like a cold war...kind of

What atrocities does lgbt do against christians? Other then existing, of course.

• Brohoof 4

On 12/7/2017 at 5:59 AM, BlinkZ said:

I am Christian, I do not support Homosexuality. I still stay firm to those beliefs instead of mudding and twisting scripture until it meets with society. Because once you do that you water it down until it meaningless. 

But Christianity have done plenty of "mudding and twisting scripture"  in the past. For example, leviticus explicitly allows participation in the slave trade but that's not really enforced much these days, is it? 

• Brohoof 5

12 hours ago, BlinkZ said:

BOTH sides do atrocities to each other. it like a cold war...kind of

(Understand I'm speaking in a western context here) How often are Christians denied services because they're Christian? How often do you feel like if you wear a cross to signify that you're a Christian that it might actually put you in threat of physical harm perhaps even being murdered? How often are politicians pushing for the banning of Christians from entrance to the military because their needs are considered too "inconvenient" and "expensive"? How often has "coming out" as a Christian even been a concept, much less estranged someone from their friends and family, possibly even getting them kicked out on the street?

Please do not trivialize what LGBT people have to face. It's not even remotely comparable.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 6

On 12/11/2017 at 9:07 PM, BlinkZ said:

it like a cold war...kind of

No it's not. Literally the only problem is that the people against LGBT rights are being completely inflexible, and are seemingly trying to cause a problem. Also, I have seen NO atrocities committed by LGBT towards Christians., though there's been PLENTY of the opposite...

I'm personally not very religious at all, honestly I'm an atheist in fact. I believe that the existence of a god is just unlikely. Honestly, I think the whole thing is extremely primitive.

On 12/11/2017 at 9:07 PM, BlinkZ said:

You mean let them walk all over us..yeah no.

That sounds like a personal problem, getting offended over something as trivial as what you seem to get offended by.

• Brohoof 2

I've done religious things but wouldn't consider myself religious but they say once we reach a certain point in our life we become more religious (towards the end of our life cycle). Like when we find out we have a life-changing illness or learn of a loved one going through a hardship and want to give them as much support as possible (often through prayer or best wishes). I think I'd become more religious in my older years, it just feels right and would put my head at peace, nothing but positivity and love in a place of religion usually.

Hmm, I Was Agnosic For A While, But Than When I Studied More About Different Religions I Found That I Share Most Of The Beliefs With Paganism. I Started Studying Paganism More, But I Don't Know What Branch I'd Belong To. (Long Story Short; I'm A Beginner Pagan With No Idea Which Branch I Belong In.)

I've had plenty of miracles happens to me. About a year or so ago my one eye bled. Believe it or not the doctor was actually surprised at how fast it healed. As in recovery was supeo to take much longer then it did. Earlier in my life I had glaucoma but it just went away. The doctors were just baffled by it.  

I believe in God and pray so I think I'm religious, yes. Since I'm also a homosexual I'm not too keen on being too active among the Christian community in fear of being chased away because of not being straight. At the same time, God has created me this way so I do feel like he loves and accepts me the way I am.