Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow dash as an imaginary girlfriend. Is this bad?

ccb20yes

(edited)

I recently started imagining myself dating her, and having conversations about stuff im stressed over.  I remember getting nervous about the news on north korea, and having a "talk" with her was able to relax me. I often do it when in in bed, imagining her wings and hooves wrapped around me. it just made me relax so much and helped me sleep. Just to clarify, none of this involves...you know. I guess part of the "inspiration" is from the fic "Cuddling is the best remedy."

coffee_by_lostzilla-d5z7lsb.jpg

Edited by ccb20yes
  • Brohoof 3

Hey, if you find it's a helpful thing to do, then have at it. Just be sure to remember it is in your imagination, and when you have an opportunity to date someone i.r.l., take it. 

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't say that's bad. If it keeps you happy, more power to you.

Just be a tad careful, not to let it completely govern your life. Other than that, I'd say you're all good :).

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Having a waifu is considered weird for normal people.

As long as you don't go too far about it, you'll be ok.

(no offense)

Edited by Sunset Rose
Removing commentary.
  • Brohoof 1

I don't see it as being weird at all. In fact, I envy you. Whenever I need to talk through things (note: I am somewhat of a hermit), I can sometimes talk to myself for hours on end, (And no, I am not crazy. :P)

Like, sometimes when I feel stressed or bored, I just watch episodes of Equestria Girls and I imagine myself in there somewhere.

• Brohoof 1

If that's something that calms you and makes you happy, I wouldn't consider it bad. Of course there are some limits too, but I don't think "dating" a fictional character would disrupt one's real life contacts too much.
I'm not saying this just because I personally have also imagined dating fictional characters.

its not that uncommon, but consider talking your problems with someone else aswel, do it unnonimously here on the internet if you're not comfortable enough to go talk to someone irl.a second oppinion always helps

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
7 hours ago, Kevin Tang said:

But, if lesbians and transgenders are a thing, why not?

What's that supposed to mean?

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 1

That's not weird, plenty of other people have waifus as well that they take very seriously, you do whatever you want to, it's not really my place to stand here and judge or dictate how you should live your life. I will say though you picked a top notch waifu, 10/10 RD is best pony B)

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, ccb20yes said:

I recently started imagining myself dating her, and having conversations about stuff im stressed over.  I remember getting nervous about the news on north korea, and having a "talk" with her was able to relax me. I often do it when in in bed, imagining her wings and hooves wrapped around me. it just made me relax so much and helped me sleep. 

coffee_by_lostzilla-d5z7lsb.jpg

Forgive me for being ignorant, but do you have some kind of tulpa or do you just talk to yourself?

• Brohoof 2

Not really, but there are limits to this sorta thing before it becomes complete madness. I've met people who actually believe that said character is their real lover, and get very defensive over it, and even hostile. Personally I think you're better off with a real lover, than a fictional character, but if it makes you happy than go for it... just try not to lose your sanity over it.

• Brohoof 2

I NEVER did that with the RD plush that I have. Never had conversations with her. Nope. Nothing of the sort.:lie:

It might work for now and seem "normal" but eventually you'll find a real girlfriend, whether you want to or not. One day she'll just pop into your life like a slap in the face and you'll know her when you see her. It'll be as if she was teleported specifically to you for the purpose of being with you. But until that day comes, it's ok to talk to RD, especially if she helps calm you down, but I wouldn't go around telling people she's your girlfriend, especially if they aren't bronies.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Cyclone 1066, Princess of Tractor Pulling said:

I NEVER did that with the RD plush that I have. Never had conversations with her. Nope. Nothing of the sort.:lie:

It might work for now and seem "normal" but eventually you'll find a real girlfriend, whether you want to or not. One day she'll just pop into your life like a slap in the face and you'll know her when you see her. It'll be as if she was teleported specifically to you for the purpose of being with you. But until that day comes, it's ok to talk to RD, especially if she helps calm you down, but I wouldn't go around telling people she's your girlfriend, especially if they aren't bronies.

Well, the reason i made this post was because i was worried it was a sign of mental sickness. am i  ill?

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ccb20yes said:

Well, the reason i made this post was because i was worried it was a sign of mental sickness. am i  ill?

I wouldn't exactly say that you are ill at all, just that you have vibrant personality if you know what I mean. I used to do the same thing at one point.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Not really, but there are limits to this sorta thing before it becomes complete madness. I've met people who actually believe that said character is their real lover, and get very defensive over it, and even hostile. Personally I think you're better off with a real lover, than a fictional character, but if it makes you happy than go for it... just try not to lose your sanity over it.

Well, what will most likely happen to those people?

2 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

I wouldn't exactly say that you are ill at all, just that you have vibrant personality if you know what I mean. I used to do the same thing at one point.

Well, is it a sign of loneliness?

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ccb20yes said:

Well, is it a sign of loneliness?

I'm not one to make that decision. A therapist is, someone who is actually trained to make a diagnosis.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, ccb20yes said:

If you are, than so am I brother!

No but seriously, if you have a creative personality, like I do, this isn't the first fictional character you've had conversations with. Especially if you're an only child like me and have no one else around your age to talk to.

• Brohoof 1

I used to talk to myself all the time, pondering in my head to be relaxed any day or walking and talking out loud in a close room whenever I was anxious over something.

I started working out in a regular basis about 6 years ago and it's a better way to release stress or anxiety, especially to sleep well, not to mention I've become much more social and confident.

I hope that your imaginary gf can help you stay relaxed, but if you ever want to go beyond relaxing on a crisis and you think you're losing your mental health, I recommend you to work out, it's a pain in the ass at the beginning but in less than a month it becomes a need to stay healthy both physically and mentally.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, ccb20yes said:

Well, what will most likely happen to those people?

Really depends on the situation and person. The ones I know of had plushies of their waifus and began to hear things from them after awhile... they became convinced they were the real thing. Anyone who tried to talk sense into them was met with hostility, and others viewed them as insane. I'm not saying you're gonna end up like this, lots of bronies here have waifus, I'm just saying don't go overboard with it.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Really depends on the situation and person. The ones I know of had plushies of their waifus and began to hear things from them after awhile... they became convinced they were the real thing. Anyone who tried to talk sense into them was met with hostility, and others viewed them as insane. I'm not saying you're gonna end up like this, lots of bronies here have waifus, I'm just saying don't go overboard with it.

Im perfectly aware of reality. its not that cliche where im all like "What was that? Oh, Rainbow says she hates that movie." its more like im doing something in real life, but imagining her with me. an example is im watching a  movie in reality, but i imagine her watching with me. like i said, im 100% aware of reality. can those guys get proper help, or are they doomed?

• Brohoof 1