Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming *****Official Mario Kart Thread*****

Goodra

Well, I suppose since it's just Mario Kart and I'll be buying it no matter what you can go ahead and tell me what the roster is. Heck, I've already had most of the tracks spoiled for me, too. I just wanna play it now. XD

Yeah, it's just Mario Kart, so being spoiled has never been a big deal for me.

The character roster is, quite simply, nothing more than what had been revealed by Nintendo and the magazines. So Queen Bee and Wiggler were the last two characters revealed and known. There are literally none beyond that. No old characters returning, nor any newcomers. So... No Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Birdo, Dry Bones, Toadette, Baby Mario, etc.

Edited by Envy

150cc star cup for rosalina

Y u quit and howd you get Princess Celesti... uh I mean Rosalina?

Great Driving Big Bro why it keeps disconnecting because my internet sucks but great driving anyway I gotta eat so I'll race you in a bit.

Great Driving Big Bro why it keeps disconnecting because my internet sucks but great driving anyway I gotta eat so I'll race you in a bit.

Thanx, ill unlock Rosalina till then.

Hey guys. It's been a long time since I was on here.. Just wanted to say I made a MLP community. The code is 63-1403-1442-2377

Hey, great driving I was facing you my internet sucks so thats why we were disconnected

Yeah, it's just Mario Kart, so being spoiled has never been a big deal for me.

The character roster is, quite simply, nothing more than what had been revealed by Nintendo and the magazines. So Queen Bee and Wiggler were the last two characters revealed and known. There are literally none beyond that. No old characters returning, nor any newcomers. So... No Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Birdo, Dry Bones, Toadette, Baby Mario, etc.

Well, there are a total of 17 characters in all from what I've read, and here's who all the Wiki lists as being in it.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Toad, Koopa, Daisy, Wario, Rosalina, Metal Mario, Shy Guy, Honey Queen, Wiggler, Lakitu and Mii's.

I... don't understand. Why is Wario not unlocked from the start? Why is Metal Mario even in here? What were they thinking?

• 1 month later...

Well, there are a total of 17 characters in all from what I've read, and here's who all the Wiki lists as being in it.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Toad, Koopa, Daisy, Wario, Rosalina, Metal Mario, Shy Guy, Honey Queen, Wiggler, Lakitu and Mii's.

I... don't understand. Why is Wario not unlocked from the start? Why is Metal Mario even in here? What were they thinking?

The characters that don't need to be unlocked in the game are the same as the SNES roster. And Wario replaced Koopa in 64, so maybe this is Koopa's way of getting revenge?

And Metal Mario... We had Dry Bowser and an **** ton of babies, I don't see wynaut Metal Mario.

Anyway, here's an awesome tool I stumbled upon over the internet.

You tell it the character you use, as well as your Kart setup, and it'll tell you ALL of their stats! And with numbers instead of a vague bar! Here's what it said about mine;

Character: Shy Guy

Kart: Koopa Clown

Wheels: Slim

Glider: Paraglider

Speed: 2.75/6

Acceleration: 4.25/6

Weight: 1.75/6

Handling: 4.75/6

Off-Road: 2.50/6

Sea Speed: 3.00/6

Sea Handling: 4.00/6

Air Speed: 2.50/6

Air Handling: 3.50/6

Drift: 5.00/6

Mini-Turbo: 3.50/6

Stability: 2.75/6

Here's the link, what's your kart's stats?

Edited by Tom the Diamond

Wow. The enthusiasm for this game really burned out didn't it?

I did finally get the game in late December, but... I got frustrated with it. It's even more frustrating than Mario Kart Wii. D:

Anyway, I used Luigi. I didn't unlock the kart I wanted, so you know... I had to use incredibly tacky karts like that Bee kart. Ew. D: I got to 1000 coins and I still didn't have the kart I wanted and that was when I'd had enough of the game. There's only so many races of getting hit by Blue Shells and Lightning bolts right in front of the finish line and losing coins and the race one can take.

• 2 years later...

*revives 2 years later*

Welp, I have played every Mario Kart console game, so I'm experienced like many of us are.

I'd say my favorite Mario Kart game is the 64 version; good tracks, subtle weapons, game graphics, what else could you want? Mario Kart Wii is great and all, but its retro cups have a bunch of duplicates (there are 2 bowser castles in those cups...) and the weapons are overpowered; getting nailed with a blue shell in first often means you'll get trampled by giant folks due to their giant shrooms and whatnot.

Super Mario Kart is...funky. I like its Rainbow Road track. 

• Brohoof 1

It's always good to play the Mario Kart games for nostalgia or just to look back on some good memories, and my favorite Mario Kart game was from the Nintendo 64. It brings back so many memories.

• Brohoof 1

Double Dash is probably my favorite MK. I really liked choosing teams and I hope they'll bring back that feature in future games

as for MK8, I'm surprised(and a little upset) that they're including the Kooplings as playable characters

Ahh, Mario Kart. My favorite is Mario Kart 64; Double Dash is good but I wish there was a mode to just ride as a single driver. That was my only problem with Double Dash. I think Double Dash may be the last home console Mario Kart I'll ever play... Oh well, at least there's Mario Golf to look forward to.

Double Dash is probably my favorite MK. I really liked choosing teams and I hope they'll bring back that feature in future games

as for MK8, I'm surprised(and a little upset) that they're including the Kooplings as playable characters

The Koopalings! Those wacky sons of Bowser haven't appeared in a lot of games.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.....how I miss Mario Kart.   Hopefully the one that comes out on the 3DS has Funky Kong.  I used him a lot back on the Wii.

(edited)

Wow.....how I miss Mario Kart.   Hopefully the one that comes out on the 3DS has Funky Kong.  I used him a lot back on the Wii.

You mean Wii U, the 3DS already has one with Mario Kart 7 :P

Edited by Megas75

(edited)

Yes! Mario Kart 8! :D I already have it reserved the 30th so I'm guaranteed a copy right after school! ;)

Edited by FeIix

• 4 weeks later...

http://youtu.be/lYBz6HWBw3A

Guys... I've just seen heaven incarnate into a video game.

No seriously, just LOOK AT THOSE GRAPHICS. Bright, colourful, polished, it's all there! I've seen people say that Nintendo can't make do with graphics on "inferior" hardware, but to them I say HA! This trailer should prove most of 'em wrong. And before you judge if the Wii U can handle these graphics at 60 FPS, I'll just drop this footage from IGN here and let you be the judge.

And hot dang, look at that Rainbow Road 64. I was blown away by the Wii version, being the first game in the series I played, but this one just makes me shudder with excitement. I can't wait to play this, this will be the main reason we'll be getting the Wii U. Aside from Smash Bros of course.

• Brohoof 1