Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hats or Socks?

heavens-champion

I prefer hats. :) Probably in part because we've seen them on the show much more often than socks. I also think hats are more varied and as such can add to a character – you can have anything from Applejack's trademark stetson to Rarity's fancy hats. My favorite is probably Fluttershy's hat in "Three's a Crowd" – somehow it makes her even more adorable than usual! :kindness:

fluttershyhat.png.36280c7cfed16e2dcd295d3ad3393af8.png

• Brohoof 6

Oh my gosh! Such a question! Is it even possible to answer? As a fashion accessory both are divine, but there are subtleties such as color, size and style that affect the overall impression of either choice. I want to say it all depends on the style of each one and how it accents the pony wearing it and the rest of their ensemble, but that's a cop-out answer. So I'm going to boil it down the their most basic forms and go with socks for casual comfort, and hats for style and elegance.

At this moment, if I'm shopping at Rarity's and have to choose only one, :mlp_rarity: I'm going to get the socks. 

• Brohoof 1

On 9/10/2018 at 6:16 PM, TBD said:

ponies with sock is creepy and seductive looking...so hats for me.

I'm so confused by the psychology behind it. Havd full-length socks gotten THAT much of a stigma (granted the pose in the pic above like its a disrobing in progress is kinda suggestive, but most of the sock pics I've seen look like they're just meant to be cute), or is it something more complex than that? Its weird to think that wait... we see them nude all the time. They put something on and THEN suddenly it seems sexual? Now I wonder if this happened when humans first started wearing clothes :P

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian

5 minutes ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

I'm so confused by the psychology behind it. Havd full-length socks gotten THAT much of a stigma (granted the pose in the pic above like its a disrobing in progress is kinda suggestive, but most of the sock pics I've seen look like they're just meant to be cute), or is it something more complex than that? Its weird to think that wait... we see them nude all the time. They put something on and THEN suddenly it seems sexual? Now I wonder if this happened when humans first started wearing clothe:P

Most of them are drawn in a seductive way, not cute in my opinion. But generally (seductive intentions or not), I just think "just socks" on naked ponies, just looks weird and..terrible fashion.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

I think both of them looks cute, but like @TBD sad, wearing only socks can be "strange"...yeah I meant to say "that" way. It is only my point of view, but if someone wants to draw/render a pony with socks, than the character should wear other clothes too. It is like the same thing when a woman wears them only without any other clothes.

Generally I have no problem with clothes on ponies.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Tropical Melody said:

I want both! :angry:

Can I have both?

The socks thing, yeah a bit too much like stockings I guess.

Altho on the ponies I tend to look at them as more like legwarmers. Are legwarmers still a thing? (Google says "yes" !  :D)

Pretty sure there were holiday gift tags that had at least one of them wearing that. And on that note, ponies in winter attire is the ultimate adorbs!

• Brohoof 4

• 1 year later...