Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 Waiting/Speculation Thread -

Jeric

On 11/4/2018 at 8:49 PM, Midnight Solace said:

I really don't want this season to be the last. MLP is what I live for. :blush:

I feel you, bro. FiM has been a great ride, so hopefully this last season will have a good ending.

• Brohoof 4

There was a tiny rant about Cozy Glow becoming a creator's pet in season 9 here, but I erased it, because I might as well accept it if she becomes the leader of the villainous alliance that is supposedly this season.

Edited by heavens-champion

1.) The 200th episode will have Discord in it. 

2.) We'll get at least 2 Map episodes, and one of them will star some creature from the Student 6.

3.) The Cutie Mark Crusaders, as a group, won't get much to do in this season. 

4.) 1 episode starring Luna. 

5.) We'll get a 3- parter. 

• Brohoof 3

My "predictions"

- 200th episode will either be another meta episode like "Stranger Than Fanfiction" or "Fame and Misfortune".

- One map episode will feature one of the students.

- Pinkie Pie will get at least one very good/great episode (She needs it).

- One former writer will return for the supposed last season.

- Big final battle at the end.

• Brohoof 2

Spoiler

Based on leaks and VA reactions:

1. Discord will appear in the S9 premiere dressed as a journalist

2. Grogar returns and resurrects Sombra

3. Elements of Harmony are shattered and plunder vines return too along with Sombras dark crystal infection

4. Possible romantic subplot with Fluttershy developing a crush on Discord

5. Twilight gets new super saiyan transformation

@Conred It would be better if you put the little warning outside of the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Haven't seen any leaks myself and don't want to, but if those are true I'm not sure about what to expect... those things sound like the stakes will go higher than before for S9, but what I like most about FiM is its sillyness and slice of life stuff.

I just hope whatever 'epic' quests they're planning don't hit too much on the general light hearted atmosphere of the series.

16 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

@Conred It would be better if you put the little warning outside of the spoiler tag.

Hide contents

Haven't seen any leaks myself and don't want to, but if those are true I'm not sure about what to expect... those things sound like the stakes will go higher than before for S9, but what I like most about FiM is its sillyness and slice of life stuff.

I just hope whatever 'epic' quests they're planning don't hit too much on the general light hearted atmosphere of the series.

Its suppose to be the last season so the high stakes make sense. THere is no time for just random slice of life comedy, because even those episodes will focus on closing up arcs for all characters.

On 1/7/2019 at 6:11 AM, Conred said:
  Hide contents

3. Elements of Harmony are shattered and plunder vines return too along with Sombras dark crystal infection

Spoiler

I can attest the 2 and 3 are gonna happen. The leaked vectors show as much. The romantic subplot was a joke by a VA I think :mlp_huh:

Me's bored. Me need poneh :unamused:

On 1/7/2019 at 6:11 AM, Conred said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I saw vectors of brainwashed CMCs, and heard there's gonna be brainwashed Starlight, Student 6, and Spike, which the latter I'm extra excited about! Brainwashed Spike means he'll speak out his negative emotioms against the Mane 6 that he buries deep within, and it's one step closer towards Spike justice! :D

10 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

February during Toy Fair! We'll have news then!

Guess they wanna show the toyline the season is gonna (loosely most likely) be based on

On 1/8/2019 at 11:12 PM, Steve Piranha said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I can attest the 2 and 3 are gonna happen. The leaked vectors show as much. The romantic subplot was a joke by a VA I think :mlp_huh:

Me's bored. Me need poneh :unamused:

If the VA was just joking then it would be pretty dumb joke. Its like saying in Lyra's voice that she has a crush on Bon Bon. The joke doesnt work if anyone already ship it. It would make more sense if she joked about Fluttershy crushing on Angel or anyone else.

I think this being the final season is almost gospel truth at this point given the amount of leaks and evidence confirming and backing this up. The leaks more or less said so and almost everything else from said leaks has come true so it's hard to argue otherwise.

That being said, I hope we at least are given some kind of big pay off for the students since we spent last season kind of building them up, so I hope they get to do something major and cool in the end before it's all over. They sort of got to be the heroes in the last finale but I'm hoping for a little something more. I actually really enjoy them and I'm hoping to see more of them next season. Though I do think the original main six (seven now) characters should play a crucial role in the end.

Naturally, I think we can all assume that Chrysalis is going to play a big role since we still haven't "dealt" with her yet.

Would love to see sort of a team-up of the remaining "bad guys" who haven't been reformed.

Sombra, Chrysalis and Tirek all band together for a big final showdown kind of deal.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:14 AM, MAIKUN said:

I was hoping for Starlight to go back to her Evil self again by betraying the Mane Six....that would be a kick-ass moment.

Sincerely doubting that would happen, it would sort of come off as wasting the last few seasons of development.

I think it's safe to say no character is going backward this late in the game. Twilight is going to remain an alicorn despite people's wishes, the CMC will keep their cutie marks despite some people's wishes and Starlight is going to remain a protagonist despite people's wishes. It just would be pointless to undo everything right before the show ends.

6 hours ago, Conred said:

If the VA was just joking then it would be pretty dumb joke. Its like saying in Lyra's voice that she has a crush on Bon Bon. The joke doesnt work if anyone already ship it. It would make more sense if she joked about Fluttershy crushing on Angel or anyone else.

It would be far from the first time a VA can make an in-character joke upon request. One example I can think on is Veronica Tailor doing a Micaiah in-character joke shipping Ike with Soren (can’t find the video), and this gem as well

On 1/15/2019 at 8:08 AM, TheAnimationFana said:

Here's a question, which popular show do you think will they spoof when promoting this season?

Power Rangers, recruit a team of ponies with attitude!

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Uh, I hate to break it up, Starlight is STILL evil remember? She will betray the Mane Six but trust me, it will happen for sure. Proof me if I'm right ok?

Okay, you are intentionally ignoring everything Starlight-related since her debut in S5. Starlight betraying The Mane 6 will happen as likely as the CMC losing their Cutie Marks.

Anyways, I would like to see an episode that maturely shows how to say goodbye to a Friend you're likely not going to see again due to circumstances of moving away and such. We went partway to what I had in mind with S5's Tanks for the Memories.

After all, I lost contact with all my grade K-12 friends since graduation from High School but the times we shared together were important. And it would be nice to end the series with an optimistic ending that even when friends part ways, the friendship and impacts it had on you were very important.

• Brohoof 4

On 1/28/2019 at 7:11 PM, MAIKUN said:

Uh, I hate to break it up, Starlight is STILL evil remember? She will betray the Mane Six but trust me, it will happen for sure. Proof me if I'm right ok?

Stop it. Unless you have concrete evidence, stop it. 

• Brohoof 8