Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

5 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade felt a shift in the air behind her, and she turned to see Dynamo leaping off the balcony. A twinge of terror twisted inside her, but it left as soon as it came when she saw he landed relatively safely. The last thing she wanted was another dead friend on her conscience.

"Good morning," she said, quickly relaxing. "It's good to see you're full of energy."

Good morning to you, as well, Jade." Dynamo smiled softly, chuckling softly at Jade's greeting. "I wouldn't say I'm full of energy. I had a bit of trouble falling asleep last night. I guess I'm just really nervous about today. That, and I had a bit of last minute training last night from Team Crimos."

14 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Near where Dynamo and Jade had exited the Cumulus from team Lockdown, and Tattehoof, Dai and Ray from Tatterhoof's Traveling Circus were outside of the arena stadium near one of the side entrances. The former Team Lotus rivals seemed to be having trouble getting into the arena as other early fans walked in, because Cumulus and Tatterhoof were flanking a massive earth pony security guard who didn't seem amused by them in the slightest.

"I told ya already, we're contestants in this tournament, now let us inside before I lose my temper!" Cumulus warned. The guard had a club hooked in the fetlock of his right front hoof, resting over his shoulder. He switched the shoulder that the club was resting on by swinging it, causing Cumulus and Tatterhoof to back away.

"Well you're not in the tournament any more!" The guard retorted. "No one gets in here without a ticket! There's no seats for you, so why don't you just take your-" He stopped and looked past Tatterhoof's shoulder at Dai, tapping the club on his shoulder. "Hmmm, well, maybe we can work something out with her, huh?"

Daisquinted at the guard and angrilly puffed out her cheeks while he looked over Tatterhoof. "Eh, the rest of you should just go."

It was easy for Jade to spot the rather eccentric ex-competitors amongst the gathering crowds. She tilted her head quizzically. Part of her wanted to help them gain access, as she couldn't help but feel sorry for them.

The blue unicorn's ears perked as he heard a bit of shouting from the entrance of the stadium. Standing near the entrance were Cumulus, Tatterhoof, Dai and Ray from the teams they had faced in the tournament. Along with a massive earth pony guard, who was blocking the entrance. "Hey. It's Ray and the others. I didn't expect they'd be here today." He frowned, seeing that the guard was pretty adamant about not letting them see the finals. He looked to his team captain, who tilted her head quizzically. "You think we should help them? They are our friends, after all." At least, that's what Dynamo thought about Ray and the others that were all grouped together. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

Walking towards the entrance where the other teams were being denied entry into the arena to watch the finals. Canteen was leading the way as he was happily skipping along as he wasnt paying attention and bumped into the big earth pony guard. Falling back he looked up "Hey what the heck?" he got up brushing himself off some "Hey..out of the way you inbred wanna be tough guy. Unlike You I actually have reserved area."

Walking up behind Canteen was the rest of team Crimos. In front was Sueno who shook her head some before looking at the other teams there "I still have a team owner's room if you wish to accompany us." she said to the others before looking at the big earth pony Canteen was messing with "Canteen enough." she looked at the earth pony and tilted her head some "Now excuse us we need to get through..Step aside."

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails@Arid_Blitz@Dynamo Pad@Unicorncob@reader8363@DwhitetheGamer

A glass dagger flew across the air at a terrifying speed . From the sky came Draco dressed in a strange garb.  He said "Let them through or your blood will be spilling the ground," he looked at the guard with cold Silver eyes. "Also say that to a lady again and I will geld you where you stand," Draco stated as he walked up to the pony quickly. " He then said with a cold tone of voice to the guard "Now move" the claws on his gauntlets were extended but was missing one. " You should get that wounded checked out I might have poisoned you with manticore venom. Thanks to that talon throw," He stated with a sweet tone of voice.

wlgaxbmaphnw3am5tnla.jpg

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 1

On 9/20/2019 at 1:56 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

Good morning to you, as well, Jade." Dynamo smiled softly, chuckling softly at Jade's greeting. "I wouldn't say I'm full of energy. I had a bit of trouble falling asleep last night. I guess I'm just really nervous about today. That, and I had a bit of last minute training last night from Team Crimos."

Jade nodded slowly. She understood his fear; she didn't want to show it, but the thought of facing Rokata in a few hours terrified her.

On 9/20/2019 at 1:56 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

The blue unicorn's ears perked as he heard a bit of shouting from the entrance of the stadium. Standing near the entrance were Cumulus, Tatterhoof, Dai and Ray from the teams they had faced in the tournament. Along with a massive earth pony guard, who was blocking the entrance. "Hey. It's Ray and the others. I didn't expect they'd be here today." He frowned, seeing that the guard was pretty adamant about not letting them see the finals. He looked to his team captain, who tilted her head quizzically. "You think we should help them? They are our friends, after all." At least, that's what Dynamo thought about Ray and the others that were all grouped together. 

She snapped her head to Dynamo, furrowing her brow in confusion. "Friends? When did this happen?"

3 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

A glass dagger flew across the air at a terrifying speed . From the sky came Draco dressed in a strange garb.  He said "Let them through or your blood will be spilling the ground," he looked at the guard with cold Silver eyes. "Also say that to a lady again and I will geld you where you stand," Draco stated as he walked up to the pony quickly. " He then said with a cold tone of voice to the guard "Now move" the claws on his gauntlets were extended but was missing one. " You should get that wounded checked out I might have poisoned you with manticore venom. Thanks to that talon throw," He stated with a sweet tone of voice.

The sight of Draco demanding permission for Tatterhoof's team to pass just baffled the Pegasus even more. Since when were their two groups allies?

"Clearly, something happened during our last match that I missed," she muttered, walking toward the arena.

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade nodded slowly. She understood his fear; she didn't want to show it, but the thought of facing Rokata in a few hours terrified her.

She snapped her head to Dynamo, furrowing her brow in confusion. "Friends? When did this happen?"

The sight of Draco demanding permission for Tatterhoof's team to pass just baffled the Pegasus even more. Since when were their two groups allies?

"Clearly, something happened during our last match that I missed," she muttered, walking toward the arena.

Dynamo tilted his head slightly as he noticed Jade nodding slowly. He wondered if there was something wrong, but he wasn't sure if he should bring anything up. He opened his mouth to speak, but stopped as he heard the confusion in Jade's voice. "Do you mean myself being friends with Ray and with Team Crimos, or all of the teams we faced being friends? Either way, I don't exactly know for sure. All I can say is that while we fought them in the tournament. Some of them don't exactly seem like the 'bad guy' type. Besides, Tatterhoof told me that Ray built me this power glove that was based on an old video game console." He smiled, holding up his hoof that had the Quest Controller on his arm. "I don't know the full mechanics of this controller, but I can tell Ray worked really hard on it. It's crazy to believe that he did this, even when he said that video games aren't really his thing. To me, it showed that he cares and that he's a true friend." He smiled softly, before turning his attention back to his captain, who was walking towards the arena.

@Arid_Blitz @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @dragon4111

The gaming stallion quickly made his way up to Jade, before walking step to keep pace. "I remember that Cumulus wasn't really a bad pony either when we fought against him. He actually seemed like a funny guy and had style to him. Team Crimos? Well, they're a rag tag bunch of interesting ponies. They're a strong team, that's for sure. Once you get to talking and getting to know them, they aren't really all that bad. They helped me yesterday with some training, before I watched the match with Rokata, as well as last minute training after our meeting. They were able to help me out and they're very kind, in their own ways. I still worry that my training might not be enough, but I feel like I have a bit of a fighting chance. So, at the very least. I just need to give it a try and do my best." He says, blinking as a figure had appeared out of the sky at high speed. The figured was revealed to be Draco, who was dressed in a strange garb. "Huh. It looks like Draco has finally joined the party. Now all we need are Rose and Copper to show. I wonder where the two of them are."

• Brohoof 2

On 9/20/2019 at 2:52 PM, Arid_Blitz said:

Walking up behind Canteen was the rest of team Crimos. In front was Sueno who shook her head some before looking at the other teams there "I still have a team owner's room if you wish to accompany us." she said to the others before looking at the big earth pony Canteen was messing with "Canteen enough." she looked at the earth pony and tilted her head some "Now excuse us we need to get through..Step aside."

"Geez, it's like all the losers want to come in at once!" The guard complained, I already told these guys so I'll tell you. No tickets means no seats!"

10 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

"Now move" the claws on his gauntlets were extended but was missing one. " You should get that wounded checked out I might have poisoned you with manticore venom. Thanks to that talon throw," He stated with a sweet tone of voice.

The guard stepped back when he saw the dagger fly, bit he didn't react until a second after it already landed. "Hey! What's the big-" He stopped when he saw Draco approach. "Hey, you're competing today..." He looked visibly nervous when Draco started threatening him. "Hey, what do you want with these guys anyway? - I mean it doesn't matter! We were just messing around! Of course anyone who competed in the tournament has a seat in the finals! Eheh..."

The guard stepped aside allowing everyone to go through. Dai smiled at Draco when she walked past and giggled at his outfit. "Good look for you." She muttered before entering the arena with her team.

@reader8363

The lounge of the hotel was empty since everyone was heading to the arena.

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo tilted his head slightly as he noticed Jade nodding slowly. He wondered if there was something wrong, but he wasn't sure if he should bring anything up. He opened his mouth to speak, but stopped as he heard the confusion in Jade's voice. "Do you mean myself being friends with Ray and with Team Crimos, or all of the teams we faced being friends? Either way, I don't exactly know for sure. All I can say is that while we fought them in the tournament. Some of them don't exactly seem like the 'bad guy' type. Besides, Tatterhoof told me that Ray built me this power glove that was based on an old video game console." He smiled, holding up his hoof that had the Quest Controller on his arm. "I don't know the full mechanics of this controller, but I can tell Ray worked really hard on it. It's crazy to believe that he did this, even when he said that video games aren't really his thing. To me, it showed that he cares and that he's a true friend." He smiled softly, before turning his attention back to his captain, who was walking towards the arena.

Jade glanced at the device on Dynamo's hoof, feeling some unease. Not just because she didn't know what it was, but that he'd gotten it from an 'enemy' team claiming to be his friend.

Though, were they enemies? Cumulus and Tattterhoof seemed affable enough, despite the former admitting to being a killer right to her face. 

22 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

The gaming stallion quickly made his way up to Jade, before walking step to keep pace. "I remember that Cumulus wasn't really a bad pony either when we fought against him. He actually seemed like a funny guy and had style to him. Team Crimos? Well, they're a rag tag bunch of interesting ponies. They're a strong team, that's for sure. Once you get to talking and getting to know them, they aren't really all that bad. They helped me yesterday with some training, before I watched the match with Rokata, as well as last minute training after our meeting. They were able to help me out and they're very kind, in their own ways. I still worry that my training might not be enough, but I feel like I have a bit of a fighting chance. So, at the very least. I just need to give it a try and do my best." He says, blinking as a figure had appeared out of the sky at high speed. The figured was revealed to be Draco, who was dressed in a strange garb. "Huh. It looks like Draco has finally joined the party. Now all we need are Rose and Copper to show. I wonder where the two of them are."

"Team Crimos?" she repeated, blinking. "Weren't they the team we defeated in the previous round?"

She sighed and shook her head. At this point, it did not matter. She wanted all this to be over.

"Wherever they are, they'd better show up soon."

16 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

The guard stepped back when he saw the dagger fly, bit he didn't react until a second after it already landed. "Hey! What's the big-" He stopped when he saw Draco approach. "Hey, you're competing today..." He looked visibly nervous when Draco started threatening him. "Hey, what do you want with these guys anyway? - I mean it doesn't matter! We were just messing around! Of course anyone who competed in the tournament has a seat in the finals! Eheh..."

The guard stepped aside allowing everyone to go through. Dai smiled at Draco when she walked past and giggled at his outfit. "Good look for you." She muttered before entering the arena with her team.

"How nice of you," Jade said to Draco, though there didn't seem to be any sarcasm in her tone. If anything, she sounded lost. Kindness was certainly a lost art in this tournament, as far as she had experienced.

She passed Tatterhoof and Cumulus as she entered the arena. She gave them a look. Not one of hostility, but her face was practically unreadable. Mostly because she herself didn't know what to think.

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade glanced at the device on Dynamo's hoof, feeling some unease. Not just because she didn't know what it was, but that he'd gotten it from an 'enemy' team claiming to be his friend.

Though, were they enemies? Cumulus and Tattterhoof seemed affable enough, despite the former admitting to being a killer right to her face. 

"Team Crimos?" she repeated, blinking. "Weren't they the team we defeated in the previous round?"

She sighed and shook her head. At this point, it did not matter. She wanted all this to be over.

"Wherever they are, they'd better show up soon."

"How nice of you," Jade said to Draco, though there didn't seem to be any sarcasm in her tone. If anything, she sounded lost. Kindness was certainly a lost art in this tournament, as far as she had experienced.

She passed Tatterhoof and Cumulus as she entered the arena. She gave them a look. Not one of hostility, but her face was practically unreadable. Mostly because she herself didn't know what to think.

@Arid_Blitz @DwhitetheGamer @Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111

Dynamo looked at Jade's gaze, which he followed to the device on his hoof. It seemed there was some unease to the team captain, but the gaming stallion was unsure. "Eeyup." He responded to her question of Team Crimos. "That is the very team we defeated in the previous round. I had met Canteen before the semi finals after a bit of a misunderstanding." He chuckled slightly, remembering how Canteen had chased him because of bumping into Melio. "Anyway, I was able to talk to Canteen and his brother the night before we all fought each other. They aren't as evil or whatever we interpreted. I guess it's safe to say that one doesn't truly know someone, unless you get to know them personally. I mean, take a look at Cumulus. True, he was part of a team that were all criminals and such. He might be a criminal in his own right, but he doesn't seem like such a bad guy. I want to say that I'm a good judge of character, or it's more along the lines that I want to give the benefit of the doubt. However, Team Crimos, Tatterhoof and the others all helped us out in their own ways. So, I don't think they can be all bad." He says, nodding in agreement. "I'm worried that they'll be late and that we'll have to start without them." He hoped it wouldn't come to that, but he'd just have to wait and see.

He passed by Team Crimos and the others, nodding to Tatterhoof and Ray, while holding out a hoof to Crimos. It was more along the lines of a thumbs up and a promise that he wouldn't let the training they helped him with to be gone to waste. As he continued to follow Jade and entered the arena, Dynamo sighed as he knew he should ask when he had the chance. "Hey, Jade? Are you okay? Something just feels wrong and I just wanted to make sure that you're doing alright." He wasn't expecting a direct answer, but he felt he should ask. He felt that Jade had been sort of distant, but he wasn't sure why. He knew that they would be fighting Rokata's team in just a little while, but he felt concerned. To him, she was his friend, after all.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/21/2019 at 11:28 PM, reader8363 said:

Rose slowly got up and headed into the arena with her head pounding. On the way, she quickly grabbed a cup of coffee and started to head to the arena, she wished even more that she had some self control and had some pain relievers.

Jade looked and saw Rose catching up to them. Now she wondered where that Copper pony had gone.

3 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As he continued to follow Jade and entered the arena, Dynamo sighed as he knew he should ask when he had the chance. "Hey, Jade? Are you okay? Something just feels wrong and I just wanted to make sure that you're doing alright." He wasn't expecting a direct answer, but he felt he should ask. He felt that Jade had been sort of distant, but he wasn't sure why. He knew that they would be fighting Rokata's team in just a little while, but he felt concerned. To him, she was his friend, after all.

She looked at Dynamo and prepared to tell him that she was fine, but she just couldn't.

"I will be honest," she murmured so only he could hear, "after all that I have learned about Rokata, and after seeing a glimpse of his power first-hoof, the thought of facing him at his full strength terrifies me."

• Brohoof 1

Jade looked and saw Rose catching up to them. Now she wondered where that Copper pony had gone.

She looked at Dynamo and prepared to tell him that she was fine, but she just couldn't.

"I will be honest," she murmured so only he could hear, "after all that I have learned about Rokata, and after seeing a glimpse of his power first-hoof, the thought of facing him at his full strength terrifies me."

As the duo walked, Dynamo had noticed that Rose was already at the arena. 'Now, that only leave Copper who hasn't shown up yet. I just hope that he's okay.' He thought as he hadn't seen his oldest friend since last night.

Dynamo had turned to Jade and tilted his head as it looked like she was about to say something. However, his ears perked as it sounded like she was murmuring softly. He got closer, so as to be able to hear his team captain clearly. It was as if what she had to tell him was only for him to hear. After listening to what she had to say, Dynamo frowned as he nodded in understanding. "I guess I'm not the only one feeling like that, huh?" He responded in a soft whisper so only Jade could hear him. "I know exactly how you feel, Jade. I was with you and Tricis the moment that Rokata had demonstrated his power first hoof. There were a couple of times I thought he was going to have us get caught in the crossfire, but he knew what he was doing. He's the real deal, after all. It's the same way when I saw the others that fought yesterday. Just the thought of having to go up against Selene is scary enough. It's gotten me to the point where I feel as if my body is shaking with anxiety." He placed a hoof over his heart, which was beating a mile a minute. 

"I know that you're scared. Whether each of us on this team wants to admit it or not. Some of us try to act tough in order to hide the fact that we are scared. Some are just built to be strong and have lost the meaning of what fear is. Some of us are just plain scared and aren't able to do anything about that very fear. What I'm trying to say is basically this. I understand exactly what you're feeling. I don't want to face my opponent because I still don't know exactly what she's capable of. Going into a fight where you don't know what you're dealing with is bad enough. Seeing how if you waste your energy or if you're wrong in assumptions, then it's all over. Here's something I've learned that I think you know." He leaned closely towards Jade's ear and talked in a low whisper. After a moment, he leaned back, but still kept close to continue whispering to her. "I'm not sure if you already knew that, but I thought what I said could help. We're all in this together and we will win this. We're all here as a team and you've got all those who will back you up. I'm also here as your teammate and I'm here as your friend and I won't abandon those who I consider a friend." He smiled softly as a way to help reassure his team captain of any worry.

• Brohoof 2

@Unicorncob@Dynamo Pad@Literally Snails

"Jade do you need another ass kicking?" Draco asked jokingly to Jade. "Remember yesterday," he stated simply as he tipped his hat to Dai and then said to Dai "Make no mistake Dai I'm surviving this. And you better pucker up for when I win darling," he stated with a grin on his face. "Now then, There ain't no rest for the wicked. Not for one such as I," he stated to Dynamo and Jade.

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo had turned to Jade and tilted his head as it looked like she was about to say something. However, his ears perked as it sounded like she was murmuring softly. He got closer, so as to be able to hear his team captain clearly. It was as if what she had to tell him was only for him to hear. After listening to what she had to say, Dynamo frowned as he nodded in understanding. "I guess I'm not the only one feeling like that, huh?" He responded in a soft whisper so only Jade could hear him. "I know exactly how you feel, Jade. I was with you and Tricis the moment that Rokata had demonstrated his power first hoof. There were a couple of times I thought he was going to have us get caught in the crossfire, but he knew what he was doing. He's the real deal, after all. It's the same way when I saw the others that fought yesterday. Just the thought of having to go up against Selene is scary enough. It's gotten me to the point where I feel as if my body is shaking with anxiety." He placed a hoof over his heart, which was beating a mile a minute. 

"I know that you're scared. Whether each of us on this team wants to admit it or not. Some of us try to act tough in order to hide the fact that we are scared. Some are just built to be strong and have lost the meaning of what fear is. Some of us are just plain scared and aren't able to do anything about that very fear. What I'm trying to say is basically this. I understand exactly what you're feeling. I don't want to face my opponent because I still don't know exactly what she's capable of. Going into a fight where you don't know what you're dealing with is bad enough. Seeing how if you waste your energy or if you're wrong in assumptions, then it's all over. Here's something I've learned that I think you know." He leaned closely towards Jade's ear and talked in a low whisper. After a moment, he leaned back, but still kept close to continue whispering to her. "I'm not sure if you already knew that, but I thought what I said could help. We're all in this together and we will win this. We're all here as a team and you've got all those who will back you up. I'm also here as your teammate and I'm here as your friend and I won't abandon those who I consider a friend." He smiled softly as a way to help reassure his team captain of any worry.

13 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

"Jade do you need another ass kicking?" Draco asked jokingly to Jade. "Remember yesterday," he stated simply as he tipped his hat to Dai and then said to Dai "Make no mistake Dai I'm surviving this. And you better pucker up for when I win darling," he stated with a grin on his face. "Now then, There ain't no rest for the wicked. Not for one such as I," he stated to Dynamo and Jade.

Jade quickly shifted from 'sympathetic' to 'mildly irritated' thanks to her two teammates. She looked to Draco. "It's good to know that I have a fitting replacement for Tricis, should I need one," she joked.

She looked at both of them again, and Rose. "But thank you all for staying this long. We will defeat Rokata's team." She sounded more confident now.

She gave Dynamo a look. "Though, it would help if your friend decided to show up as well."

@DwhitetheGamer

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade quickly shifted from 'sympathetic' to 'mildly irritated' thanks to her two teammates. She looked to Draco. "It's good to know that I have a fitting replacement for Tricis, should I need one," she joked.

She looked at both of them again, and Rose. "But thank you all for staying this long. We will defeat Rokata's team." She sounded more confident now.

She gave Dynamo a look. "Though, it would help if your friend decided to show up as well."

@DwhitetheGamer

@Arid_Blitz @Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer

“You’re welcome and it’s no problem Jade. You are our captain, so we’re with you all the way on this.” Hearing the confidence in his captains voice made the gaming stallion feel more confident in himself. 

As he listened to her remark, Dynamo blinked as he tilted his head slightly. “I have to agree that it would help if Copper could show up soon. I know that he went with me to train with Team Crimos last night, as well as walking back to the hotel afterwards. If I had to guess, then I’d say he’s trying to work on some last minute training.” He says, looking around in hopes of being able to locate Copper.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @Arid_Blitz @reader8363 @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer @Dynamo Pad

Shining Armor stepped up to the arena entrance with his assitant Quill at his side. He saw the whole team gathered there, except for Copper, who still hadn't shown. "I hope you all slept well," he said in a matter-of-fact tone, "I'm going to be joining you all at the ring-side like I did with the semi-finals. I don't see any point in standing up in a booth for something this important. Do any of you know where Copper is?"

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@Unicorncob @Arid_Blitz @reader8363 @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer @Dynamo Pad

Shining Armor stepped up to the arena entrance with his assitant Quill at his side. He saw the whole team gathered there, except for Copper, who still hadn't shown. "I hope you all slept well," he said in a matter-of-fact tone, "I'm going to be joining you all at the ring-side like I did with the semi-finals. I don't see any point in standing up in a booth for something this important. Do any of you know where Copper is?"

Dynamo’s ears perked as he heard someone calling out to him and the others. S he turned towards the direction of the voice, he smiled slightly as Shining Armor and Quill had arrived at the arena entrance. “Good morning Shining Armor and Quill. I had a bit of trouble getting some sleep, but I managed to get some rest.” He says, nodding at the mention of Shining and Quill joining the team at the ring side. “Unfortunately, it’s the same thing like I had told Jade, sir.” Dynamo shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. “I honestly don’t know where Copper is. He went with me to train with Team Crimos after the meeting yesterday. He and I walked back to the hotel last night, but that’s all I know. I would want to guess that he’s getting some last minute training and/or warming up before his fight today.”

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade looked at Shining Armour and Quill, and gave them a curt nod. "I was wondering where he is as well."

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo’s ears perked as he heard someone calling out to him and the others. S he turned towards the direction of the voice, he smiled slightly as Shining Armor and Quill had arrived at the arena entrance. “Good morning Shining Armor and Quill. I had a bit of trouble getting some sleep, but I managed to get some rest.” He says, nodding at the mention of Shining and Quill joining the team at the ring side. “Unfortunately, it’s the same thing like I had told Jade, sir.” Dynamo shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. “I honestly don’t know where Copper is. He went with me to train with Team Crimos after the meeting yesterday. He and I walked back to the hotel last night, but that’s all I know. I would want to guess that he’s getting some last minute training and/or warming up before his fight today.”

She could understand a need for last-minute training, but not literally last minute. "He'd better finish soon. We have little time before the match begins."

@Literally Snails @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @reader8363

Copper Strikes was running to his group.  They would tell he was in a mad rush, and with good reason.  Once he made it there, he looked at his group and said, panting heavily, "I'm so sorry guys.  I was caught up in some training with Team Crimos.  I'm ready now."  They could see a light bruise on his cheek from the training.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @reader8363

Copper Strikes was running to his group.  They would tell he was in a mad rush, and with good reason.  Once he made it there, he looked at his group and said, panting heavily, "I'm so sorry guys.  I was caught up in some training with Team Crimos.  I'm ready now."  They could see a light bruise on his cheek from the training.

As Copper was making his way towards the group, Dynamo breathed a sigh in relief. "It's good to see that you were able to make it, buddy. I was worried you weren't going to show up, or that something might have happened." At the mention of Team Crimos, Dynamo raised an eyebrow as that all made sense. He even took notice of the slight bruise on Copper's cheek. "Now I can see why. Team Crimos did show up just after Jade and I started walking towards the arena." He says, taking notice of the slight bruise on Copper's cheek. 'I guess my assumption on some last minute training wasn't too farfetched, after all.'

15 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Jade turned and saw Copper rushing to the group. She noticed the bruise on his face, but elected not to mention it.

"Good, everyone is here," she said, and led her team into the arena. "Everyone make all the preparations you need to. Without going far, if you could."

• Brohoof 1

@dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

With the whole team gathered, Shining Armor lead them to their locker room in the restricted section of the arena grounds. The room had six tall lockers that none of them had ever had a reason to use and a metal table in the center with a bench under the window. There was also a thick tension in the air. Past the insulated walls, they could hear the faint sound of cheering from the gathering crowds and Topaz's voice over the loudspeakers.

@Arid_Blitz Dai, Ray, Tatterhoof, and Cumulus all sat in a row in one of the middle columns of the arena stands, surrounded on all sides by fans who occassionally looked at them. There were seats on Cumulus' side for team Crimos to sit at.

"Isn't that pegasus supposed to be in prison?" One mare murmored.

There was still time before the finals started, but nearly every seat in the arena was already filled.

"Welcome back, fans!" the referree announced. "Can you feel it yet? This just isn't like any other fight we've seen! The teams haven't even entered the ring yet, and all our seats are already filled, but the most surprising part is who's fighting! After five days of absolutely insane fighting, The underdog Team Lotus has not only made it to the finals, but according to the betting odd's they're actually favored to win six to five!"

The majority of the arena errupted in boos at that news, and Topaz responded by saying, "Yes, but it seems like the less afluent fans don't share that sentiment. The opinion polls from the common fan are still firmly in favor of Rokata."

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

With the whole team gathered, Shining Armor lead them to their locker room in the restricted section of the arena grounds. The room had six tall lockers that none of them had ever had a reason to use and a metal table in the center with a bench under the window. There was also a thick tension in the air. Past the insulated walls, they could hear the faint sound of cheering from the gathering crowds and Topaz's voice over the loudspeakers.

Jade spotted the bench by the window and approached it. She could feel the tension, and she needed a moment to herself. To gather her thoughts. She was physically ready, but she needed a clear mind as well.

She sat at the bench and closed her eyes, taking deep breaths and putting her forehooves together.

15 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

There was still time before the finals started, but nearly every seat in the arena was already filled.

"Welcome back, fans!" the referree announced. "Can you feel it yet? This just isn't like any other fight we've seen! The teams haven't even entered the ring yet, and all our seats are already filled, but the most surprising part is who's fighting! After five days of absolutely insane fighting, The underdog Team Lotus has not only made it to the finals, but according to the betting odd's they're actually favored to win six to five!"

The majority of the arena errupted in boos at that news, and Topaz responded by saying, "Yes, but it seems like the less afluent fans don't share that sentiment. The opinion polls from the common fan are still firmly in favor of Rokata."

Eyes still shut, her brow furrowed and her ears flattened against her head as she overheard the announcer. Despite her team's best efforts, they still had no support from the audience.

Tiny spits of angry fire shot into the air from her hooves. What was their problem? If they liked Rokata so much, perhaps they were no different to him. They deserve each other.

Aren't you trying to avoid such thinking?

She shook her head, dispelling the bad thoughts.

The frustration is starting to get to me.

I understand, but don't let it cloud you. Use it as fuel. Focus that anger into your strikes when the time comes.

Another deep breath. She started to relax again.

• Brohoof 1