Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

As the fight between Copper and Onyx began, it looked like both sides were somehow evenly matched. Both sides were able to deliver some powerful hits, but it seemed that neither side was gaining the upper hand in the fight. 

13 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@Unicorncob

"They're both just testing the waters. The first fighter to show their real strength might gain an early advantage." Quill Weave commented.

"Or reveal their weaknesses too early," Shining Armor commented.

When Copper backed away, Onyx didn't persue. He stood his ground with one hand curled into a fist and the other wide open. He spread his stance, making himself into a steady bulwark. Then, without warning. He lifted another massive slab of concrete and hurled it at Copper. This time he didn't let up, immediately following it with another projectile, then another, slinging a constant barrage of boulders at the earth pony. Many of them were hurled into the audience, creating explosions of debris wherever they landed.

"I can't tell if this is an accident or if the contestants keep attacking the audience on purpose, though that does make the pain more widespread, and I do like that!" Topaz commented.

Shining Armor created a shield around his team to protect them from any debris, that way none of them would have to waste energy protecting themselves.

Dynamo glanced to the side as he heard Quill and Shining Armor making light talk about the fight. "I guess they're both trying to see what the other is capable of. That's probably why they are basically tip toeing around one another. If one's going to push with more power, then the other has to respond in kind. Copper always seemed to be more of a power type, but that was back when we were younger. I know he's gotten a lot stronger, but how do you face someone who's the strength of an iron freight train? My only guess is being able to outsmart Onyx, but I'm not entirely sure how exactly." He pointed out as Onyx kept digging up boulders to throw as projectiles at Copper. As the debris went flying into the crowd of spectators, the blue unicorn noticed a shield being formed around him and the others by Shining Armor. Dynamo nodded in appreciation as it was to protect them from any debris, while allowing the group to conserve their magic and energy.

13 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Onyx lifted his forearm to block the strike from Copper. The bash was powerfull enough to send the minoutaur back once again, but the pushback from Onyx' block sent Copper back a few feet as well. Onyx exhaled, sounding a bit frustrated, and dragged his hoof across the ground like he was ready to charge.

"It's a draw," Shining Armor said.

As Copper powered up once more, Dynamo was surprised as Onyx was being overpowered and was pushed back. The push back wasn't won by Copper as Dynamo saw Onyx sent Copper flying back, as well. "You don't think that Onyx if messing around, do you, sir? From what Quill told us, it seemed like he has this immeasurable power. Especially with how he was able to get through a sort of movement sealing from Rokata's semi final match." He wondered as Copper kept pushing Onyx to the edge of the ring.

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

The minotaur's eyes glowed with a bright red aura. He spoke for the first time in the tournament. Aside from Draco, no one in the arena outside of team Rokata had ever heard his voice before. It was deep, dark and trembling with a hidden turmoil. The very sound of his voice was enough to send shivers down his spine.

"Sorry to bore you," he said, "I'll give you a fight."

Rokata smiled and said, "It's time."

"And so soon," Nin added, "He must like something about Copper."

Onyx widened his stance and opened both of his palms. "Know this, Copper Strikes. I was saving this for someone else. And this is the highest compliment I give," he explained. He curled his right hand to point two fingers at the floor. Then he folded his left hand over his right, squeezing tightly. He closed his eyes and exhaled a deep breath. A red aura slowly emerged around his body. All he needed to do was focus one one particular memory.

"Defeat me now, or become my slave!" Rokata cried to the younger Onyx. His village burning around them both. 

Onyx charged at Rokata with a fist raised, ready to punch the monstrous pegasus to the ground, but Rokata was faster and stronger than he was, and swiftly delivered a punch to Onyx's head, creating a spray of warm blood.

Onyx lost.

And he lost again.

And every time he tried to kill Rokata he lost.

And he hated him.

The minotaur let out a cry of pure rage. His eyes were glowing so bright it hurt to look directly at him. Pieces of debris lifted off the ground and floated in the air around him as gravity seemed to take on different rules within his rapidly expanding aura. His whole body was glowing red.

"RAAAAAAH!" He screamed, clenching both arms into fists so tightly that they dripped blood. "YOU ROTTEN BASTARD!" He screamed.

Topaz slowly backed off of the ring. There was a physical force created by Onyx's aura that was too much for her to take. "I don't know what's going on now, ponies, but it looks like Team Rokata's combatant has gotten really really really mad!"

As Onyx's eyes began to glow, Dynamo shivered in fear at hearing the minotaur's voice. It was as if he could hear the terror and dread laced within his very speech. He could see a red aura forming around Onyx's body, before hearing a cry of pure rage. The blue unicorn had to put a hoof over his ears as the scream was deafening. He even had to narrow his eyes as the bright light from the minotaur's eyes were just about unbearable to stare at. He could barely notice the debris being lifted off of the ground and floating in the air. As if the gravity was fluctuating, while becoming almost unbalanced and unstable. "Well, it looks like I got my question answered." Dynamo commented as Onyx's massive strength in energy was becoming apparent. 

12 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

Fear.

That word had been sprung in Copper's mind at that moment.  The word pulsated through him, cutting him like a knife through butter.  That was what he was feeling right now at the current state of Onyx.

And it made him smile.

"You've got me terrified, Onyx." he said to the Minotaur.  "I haven't felt this way since the start of my mercenary career.  Your strength is incredible... and now..." he took out the power bracer... and shattered it with his fore-hooves, his face conforming into his own rage.  "...I am not going to use some trivial item to claim a victory that I don't deserve with.  Too long have I relied on myself, and I'm not going to stop that now!  I WILL DEFEAT YOU, IN MY OWN WAY, ON MY OWN TERMS!"

Suddenly, he created a cyclone of his fiery aura, roaring out once again.  The ground shaking was more intense now, and the overwhelming power seemed to match toe-to-toe with Onyx.  After all of that, his new aura gave a much more menacing feel to it.  His power increased dramatically too.

As Copper shattered the power bracer that Tatterhoof had given him, Dynamo's eyes widened in shock. "What in the world is he doing? Why destroy something that could possibly give him an advantage in this fight!?" He shook his head as he couldn't begin to understand why Copper would do such a stunt. It was what Copper had mentioned that made Dynamo felt that he could understand.

12 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@DwhitetheGamer

"Bravo you're finally starting to get serious Copper," Draco stated snidely as he looked at the stallion. "And yet here you are boasting about being alone," he said quietly as he shook his head at the merc.

@Unicorncob @reader8363

"No. It's not like that, Draco." Dynamo responded as he turned his attention from the fight to his teammate. "Copper had worked very hard to attain the strength that he's apparently found on his journey as a mercenary. To fight someone who may be stronger than him, or at least his equal. At the same time using a weapon as a sort of crutch is something he may not want to claim victory with. At least, that's what I think after hearing what he said." He says, shaking his head as he was still in disbelief. "I still don't understand why he would destroy that weapon. From what he had told me as we went to Team Crimos, that power bracer was meant to help him out during the fight." He sighed as he turned his attention back to his old friend's fight. "I guess he wants to win with his own strength, while having the support of his friends and team to back him up. Come on, Copper. You've got this bro. I know you can." He says, seeing a cyclone of fiery aura engulfing the blue earth pony. He could hear a roar as the ground shook once again. "It looks like the gloves are going to be removed in the next round. I guess we're about to see an all out, no holds barred fight." He gulped as he couldn't imagine how their fight would turn out.

• Brohoof 2

As the rubble came at them and crashed near by Sueno chuckled some "We shall be fine. Besides...I doubt a piece of rubble would really be an issue for any of us." she said simply as she watched the match. Her eyes focused on Onyx...the feeling of his energy he let off she felt something more from it.

Canteen watched the rubble come near them and began to move down pushing it off the seats along with the bodies of the audience members. "Hey look seats opened up we can move down some." he said dragging the cart with him as he went down a few rows. Looking at the fight between Onyx and Copper he tilted his head some "This is amusing. Copper is actually moving against Onyx...guess you werent worthy enough Defiant.." he said before feeling a bottle smash off his head sending whiskey and glass everywhere

"Oh sorry...my hoof slipped.." Defiant said before looking at the fight between Onyx and Copper "We sparred yesterday and we tore through the forest...I'm waiting for Copper to use his Ace in the hole."

Rubbing the back of his head he grumbled before Canteen pouted up at Defiant "Asshole...that hurt." he said before starting to look down seeing Dynamo he waved his hooves at him before sitting back down

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

"Control your emotions," she said, hopefully loud enough for Copper to hear. "Onyx is blinded by his anger. Do not fall into the same trap."

"Usually that's wise advice, but Onyx is a special case," Shining Armor said in a deafly serious tone. "Berserkers do not lose their self control when they enter an enraged state. Emotions have a very different effect them. Copper on the other hoof could make a serious mistake if he let's his emotions get the better of him."

14 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

"You've got me terrified, Onyx." he said to the Minotaur.  "I haven't felt this way since the start of my mercenary career.  Your strength is incredible... and now..." he took out the power bracer... and shattered it with his fore-hooves, his face conforming into his own rage.  "...I am not going to use some trivial item to claim a victory that I don't deserve with.  Too long have I relied on myself, and I'm not going to stop that now!  I WILL DEFEAT YOU, IN MY OWN WAY, ON MY OWN TERMS!"

"What! But that's insane! Why would he throw away such an advantage!?" Tatterhoof yelled, sounding insulted that his gift was being wasted.

"Machismo stuff," Dai commented. "Those two won't give up until they find out who weilds the bigger knife. And that means no help from anyone."

14 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

uddenly, he created a cyclone of his fiery aura, roaring out once again.  The ground shaking was more intense now, and the overwhelming power seemed to match toe-to-toe with Onyx.  After all of that, his new aura gave a much more menacing feel to it.  His power increased dramatically too.

Onyx charged at Copper, it looked like he was going to attempt a similar assault as before, but when he was less than ten feet away from his target, he lept in the air so quickly that he appeared to disappear. There was a crackling sound as his massive frame zipped through the air, and he was suddenly twenty feet above Copper.

"Check out Onyx's hang-time!" Topaz commented. Indeed, Onyx appeared to be defying gravity for a few seconds when he reached the height of his jump.

Onyx crossed his arms, His firey aura forming into the shape of an X around him, extending several meters. "We are not equals!" He cried. He unfolded his arms and the X shaped mass of energy became a projectile that flew straight for Copper, locking onto his energy signature, it wouldn't stop until it hit a target.

@Literally Snails

Copper did hear Jade's comment, but like Mason, paid no heed to that "Advice".  He knew what he was told by Tatterhoof, in the Berserkers being able to control their emotions.  He wasn't letting his own emotions get the better of him, not here, not now.  He crossed his fore-hooves and took the blast, but in fact, he held the massive energy wave.  Straining a bit from trying to control it, he was barely able to condense it down to a small ball of energy before he jumped up.  "OWARI DA!" he screamed, thrusting his hooves forward to send the same energy right back at Onyx.

(Owari Da = It's over.)

(edited)
8 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

Copper did hear Jade's comment, but like Mason, paid no heed to that "Advice".  He knew what he was told by Tatterhoof, in the Berserkers being able to control their emotions.  He wasn't letting his own emotions get the better of him, not here, not now.  He crossed his fore-hooves and took the blast, but in fact, he held the massive energy wave.  Straining a bit from trying to control it, he was barely able to condense it down to a small ball of energy before he jumped up.  "OWARI DA!" he screamed, thrusting his hooves forward to send the same energy right back at Onyx.

(Owari Da = It's over.)

Onyx wasn't able to dodge while he was falling to the ground. He flexed his chest and grunted while the cross came back toward him, and Copper saw a silver, transparant dome shiver in front of him for a split second before the blast made contact. There was a massive explosion, and the other members of team Lotus could feel the shockwave even through Shining Armor's shield.

The place where Onyx was floating was enveloped in a thick cloud of hazey black smoke that extended all the way to the ground and lingered in the air.

"Now that's what I call a reversal!" Topaz announced. The audience looked on in silence. "It looks like Copper sent Onyx's attack right back to him! That explosion was tremendous! The only downside is I can't make out the damage yet!"

Spoiler

Topaz squinted at the plume of black smoke. After a few seconds, Onyx stepped out of it. There was a spattering of blood under his mouth, but he appeared unscathed.

"I design my attacks to be only strong enough to defeat my opponent. As you can see, that wasn't even enough to put a dent in me," The minotaur explained. He widened his stance with one hand curled into a fist and the other palm open, then his aura flared up as brightly as before. "Take that however you'd like."

"Well, you win some you lose some..." Shining Armor muttered. "At least we'll have four more oppertunities after this one..."

Edited by Literally Snails

@Literally Snails

After a few seconds of Onyx coming out of the smoke, Copper came out as well.  He was bruised, scraped, and had some blood on his body on top of that, but his aura was still kicking strong.

At least it was until it started to fade a little bit.

Both Team Lotus and Team Rokata could see this as a clear sign that he had not yet mastered this power, and it came down to one simple conclusion as Copper said calmly, "Of course.  I never had to go this far in terms of my true strength."

11 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Usually that's wise advice, but Onyx is a special case," Shining Armor said in a deafly serious tone. "Berserkers do not lose their self control when they enter an enraged state. Emotions have a very different effect them. Copper on the other hoof could make a serious mistake if he let's his emotions get the better of him."

Onyx charged at Copper, it looked like he was going to attempt a similar assault as before, but when he was less than ten feet away from his target, he lept in the air so quickly that he appeared to disappear. There was a crackling sound as his massive frame zipped through the air, and he was suddenly twenty feet above Copper.

"Check out Onyx's hang-time!" Topaz commented. Indeed, Onyx appeared to be defying gravity for a few seconds when he reached the height of his jump.

Onyx crossed his arms, His firey aura forming into the shape of an X around him, extending several meters. "We are not equals!" He cried. He unfolded his arms and the X shaped mass of energy became a projectile that flew straight for Copper, locking onto his energy signature, it wouldn't stop until it hit a target.

As he listened to Shining Armor's explanation, Dynamo kept seeing the energy that was unleashed by the minotaur behemoth. "Now that's something I didn't know about. I've heard that you can turn your rage into a weapon and it just makes you so dangerous. I just didn't think Onyx could still be angry, while still maintaining his composure and self control." He responded as Onyx began to charge at copper. As the minotaur jumped into the air, Dynamo's jaw dropped as he couldn't believe how high Onyx was in the sky at that moment. "With how tall this guy was, I would have expected he wouldn't be able to jump. If not, then I didn't think he'd be jumping that high!" He exclaimed, watching as he made a massive energy that was formed into an X. The energy didn't stay with Onyx for long as the X was launched directly at Copper.

10 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

9 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Onyx wasn't able to dodge while he was falling to the ground. He flexed his chest and grunted while the cross came back toward him, and Copper saw a silver, transparant dome shiver in front of him for a split second before the blast made contact. There was a massive explosion, and the other members of team Lotus could feel the shockwave even through Shining Armor's shield.

The place where Onyx was floating was enveloped in a thick cloud of hazey black smoke that extended all the way to the ground and lingered in the air.

"Now that's what I call a reversal!" Topaz announced. The audience looked on in silence. "It looks like Copper sent Onyx's attack right back to him! That explosion was tremendous! The only downside is I can't make out the damage yet!"

Topaz squinted at the plume of black smoke. After a few seconds, Onyx stepped out of it. There was a spattering of blood under his mouth, but he appeared unscathed.

"I design my attacks to be only strong enough to defeat my opponent. As you can see, that wasn't even enough to put a dent in me," The minotaur explained. He widened his stance with one hand curled into a fist and the other palm open, then his aura flared up as brightly as before. "Take that however you'd like."

"Well, you win some you lose some..." Shining Armor muttered. "At least we'll have four more oppertunities after this one..."

8 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

After a few seconds of Onyx coming out of the smoke, Copper came out as well.  He was bruised, scraped, and had some blood on his body on top of that, but his aura was still kicking strong.

Both Team Lotus and Team Rokata could see this as a clear sign that he had not yet mastered this power, and it came down to one simple conclusion as Copper said calmly, "Of course.  I never had to go this far in terms of my true strength."

@Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111

As Copper redirected the blast right back at Onyx, Dynamo thought he had noticed a transparent dome shiver in front of the minotaur. As the blast had made it's mark, Dynamo felt the ground shake from the shockwave of the explosion. "That was way too much power put into that attack. With a move like that, it looks like Onyx is intending to finish this right here and now. Either that, or he's seeing what Copper can do to avoid or counter it." He noted as he tried to look through the smoke that took up most of the area of the ring. Dynamo could only look on as both Copper and Onyx were nowhere to be found. After a moment, both competitors had finally made their presence known. Copper was a bit bruised and scraped up, while Onyx had a bit of blood under his mouth, but looked generally fine. "You've gotta be kidding me. Can Onyx take that much of a beating and still keep going? How tough is this guy?" Dynamo paled slightly as a thought had come to mind. 'If Onyx strong enough to do this much damage and still take these kinds of hits, then what about Rokata?' He tried not to think about it as he was pulled away from his thoughts by Shining Armor muttering something. 

He looked to his team owner and gritted his teeth slightly. "How can say such a thing, sir!? This isn't over yet. Copper should have some tricks still up his sleeve. I know he'll be able to turn this around!" As he saw the aura around Copper was beginning to fade, Dynamo looked back to Copper and started to worry. Even though he said that to Shining Armor, he felt as if his words weren't true. "At least, I hope so." He supported Copper as he was one of his best friends. The only problem was how Copper was going to defeat someone like Onyx, while being in the state that his in right now.

2 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Jade's lip curled ever-so-slightly at Copper's display of pride. "He's one of those fighters," she mumbled. "He's already used up most of his energy, while Onyx is barely scratched."

She looked at Onyx. Such a large creature sustaining themselves in the air for that long, it should be impossible. But this minotaur had serious power behind it.

"Everything has a limit," she said a little louder, so her team could hear. "Copper is trying to overpower him, when he should be trying to wear him down. He has to change his strategy while he still can."

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade's lip curled ever-so-slightly at Copper's display of pride. "He's one of those fighters," she mumbled. "He's already used up most of his energy, while Onyx is barely scratched."

She looked at Onyx. Such a large creature sustaining themselves in the air for that long, it should be impossible. But this minotaur had serious power behind it.

"Everything has a limit," she said a little louder, so her team could hear. "Copper is trying to overpower him, when he should be trying to wear him down. He has to change his strategy while he still can."

@reader8363 @dragon4111

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Jade addressing the rest of the team. His eyes glanced over towards his captain, while taking in her explanation. "That's true, but everyone can break their limits, right? That's what we've been doing since this whole tournament has started." He glanced back to the fight briefly, before looking back to Jade. "He still has some energy left, but he needs to make the most of it. The problem is that Copper has always been like that when he and I were younger. It wasn't because he had the strength of an earth pony, but it was because he worked hard to be able to overpower anyone that stood against him." It was then that a thought had occurred to the gaming stallion.

"Hey, Jade. There's someone on my mind and I'd like to get your thoughts on this idea. The same can be said to everyone else." He said, raising his voice to gain the attention of the others. "With how this fight's been going, so far. It's lead me to believe that Copper has found his match. What I mean is that it looks like Copper is fighting himself, or rather. He's fighting what his possible future could look like. I mean, does that make sense? With Mason, it's like he has the same shadow abilities that Rose has. With Selene, she has all this magical potential that maybe I might have, as well. Although, she has had years to perfect her strength, while I'm still learning and not at that level. Who's to say Nin and/or Rokata could be the same way in their own abilities. It's like seeing your reflection, while having to fight yourself. I know it's just a theory and it could be wrong, but what other explanation is there? However, if my theory is right, then that begs the question. How do you take down your own self?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Jade addressing the rest of the team. His eyes glanced over towards his captain, while taking in her explanation. "That's true, but everyone can break their limits, right? That's what we've been doing since this whole tournament has started." He glanced back to the fight briefly, before looking back to Jade. "He still has some energy left, but he needs to make the most of it. The problem is that Copper has always been like that when he and I were younger. It wasn't because he had the strength of an earth pony, but it was because he worked hard to be able to overpower anyone that stood against him." It was then that a thought had occurred to the gaming stallion.

"Onyx's limit needs to be exploited," Jade explained. "No creature has limitless energy. There's only so much he can take before he falters. Copper is living proof of that right now."

10 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Hey, Jade. There's someone on my mind and I'd like to get your thoughts on this idea. The same can be said to everyone else." He said, raising his voice to gain the attention of the others. "With how this fight's been going, so far. It's lead me to believe that Copper has found his match. What I mean is that it looks like Copper is fighting himself, or rather. He's fighting what his possible future could look like. I mean, does that make sense? With Mason, it's like he has the same shadow abilities that Rose has. With Selene, she has all this magical potential that maybe I might have, as well. Although, she has had years to perfect her strength, while I'm still learning and not at that level. Who's to say Nin and/or Rokata could be the same way in their own abilities. It's like seeing your reflection, while having to fight yourself. If my theory is right, then that begs the question. How do you take down your own self?"

The question, while she did not expect it from Dynamo, was not difficult to answer; it was a question she had been mulling over ever since she learned more about Rokata's past.

"To defeat your own self," she said, "you must know who you are. Your strengths and weaknesses. For example, if I allowed my pride and need to become stronger overpower who I am, I would be no different from Rokata."

The fleeting mental images of herself in Rokata's hooves made her shiver more than once.

Edited by Unicorncob

1 minute ago, Unicorncob said:

"Onyx's limit needs to be exploited," Jade explained. "No creature has limitless energy. There's only so much he can take before he falters. Copper is living proof of that right now."

Hearing that from Jade, Copper looked back at his team, initially confused.  He had to look away from them for a brief moment before realizing that, yes, he had limits.  Well he did know that, but it didn't actually hit him until now.  Has Onyx ever gotten that much power before?  Then a thought hit him.  He closed his eyes and intentionally removed his current aura, returning to the fiery aura prior.  If he needed to exploit Onyx's limit, he'll have to focus on speed instead of power.

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

The question, while she did not expect it from Dynamo, was not difficult to answer; it was a question she had been mulling over ever since she learned more about Rokata's past.

"To defeat your own self," she said, "you must know who you are. Your strengths and weaknesses. For example, if I allowed my pride and need to become stronger overpower who I am, I would be no different from Rokata."

The fleeting mental images of herself in Rokata's hooves made her shiver more than once.

@reader8363 @dragon4111

Dynamo listened to Jade's explanation, while taking her thoughts to heart. "You're right about that. We've been able to break our limits, but our magic, strength and abilities aren't limitless. Which means there has to be a way to take this guy down. Copper has taken some damage, but I know him. He's too stubborn to just fall and give up." He says, gripping the cloak Copper had asked to hold onto with his front hoof. 'Come on, bro.'

As he heard his captain's response towards his question, Dynamo directed his attention slightly towards the ground. What she had said made sense, but even the blue unicorn wasn't sure. "I get what you mean, Jade. It's just, what if I have trouble in knowing my own self and can't overcome whatever weakness that I still have?" He muttered, while not realizing he was speaking his thoughts out loud instead of thinking to himself.

24 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Hearing that from Jade, Copper looked back at his team, initially confused.  He had to look away from them for a brief moment before realizing that, yes, he had limits.  Well he did know that, but it didn't actually hit him until now.  Has Onyx ever gotten that much power before?  Then a thought hit him.  He closed his eyes and intentionally removed his current aura, returning to the fiery aura prior.  If he needed to exploit Onyx's limit, he'll have to focus on speed instead of power.

As Copper removed the current aura in exchange for the fiery aura, Dynamo looked up to see that Copper was getting ready to make his move. He seemed to recall that Copper was able to move quickly in that form. Considering from what he had seen during the beginning of the fight. "I just hope Copper knows what he's doing. Onyx looks like a bulky minotaur, but he has speed to match. We just need to wait and see what Copper will do."

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Jade felt the shift in energy from Dynamo. She raised her head slightly.

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As he heard his captain's response towards his question, Dynamo directed his attention slightly towards the ground. What she had said made sense, but even the blue unicorn wasn't sure. "I get what you mean, Jade. It's just, what if I have trouble in knowing my own self and can't overcome whatever weakness that I still have?" He muttered, while not realizing he was speaking his thoughts out loud instead of thinking to himself.

She looked at her teammate. "I did not mean to make it sound easy, it will be anything but. Coming to terms with your own limits will not be easy, but when you fully understand where your strengths lie, you will be unstoppable."

8 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As Copper removed the current aura in exchange for the fiery aura, Dynamo looked up to see that Copper was getting ready to make his move. He seemed to recall that Copper was able to move quickly in that form. Considering from what he had seen during the beginning of the fight. "I just hope Copper knows what he's doing. Onyx looks like a bulky minotaur, but he has speed to match. We just need to wait and see what Copper will do."

She nodded. "He does not need to be stronger than Onyx, he needs to be smarter. I think he realises that now."

@Unicorncob@Dynamo Pad@DwhitetheGamer

"As you said Jade he wasted a lot of power trying to get into a pissing match with a Minotaur," Draco stated simply as he relaxed. "Pride means nothing to a fight especially when you're fighting for your very survival," he stated simply. "Destroying a tool to help you? disgusting display of pride. Power means nothing if you don't know how to apply it," Draco stated simply as he was shaking his head.

• Brohoof 1

@DwhitetheGamer

Onyx raised his open hand and tightened his fist, staring intently at his opponent. It was clear who had the upper hand  now. Copper was playing purely defensively, but it wasn't enough.

"Enough of this. I know you must have some ability other than your battle aura," The minotaur chided. "Attack me with all that you have. I'm anxious to see how it compares."

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Onyx raised his open hand and tightened his fist, staring intently at his opponent. It was clear who had the upper hand  now. Copper was playing purely defensively, but it wasn't enough.

"Enough of this. I know you must have some ability other than your battle aura," The minotaur chided. "Attack me with all that you have. I'm anxious to see how it compares."

"..."

Copper looked at the Minotaur with a heave of a sigh.  "If that's what you want..."  He closed his eyes, then flung himself straight to Onyx.  This was the only time he put in every single ounce of his current power into this one punch, and it showed with his aura being made into an arrow, so either this connects, or he is forced to forfeit the match.  He aimed a punch straight at the Minotaur, with the intention of killing.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

"..."

Copper looked at the Minotaur with a heave of a sigh.  "If that's what you want..."  He closed his eyes, then flung himself straight to Onyx.  This was the only time he put in every single ounce of his current power into this one punch, and it showed with his aura being made into an arrow, so either this connects, or he is forced to forfeit the match.  He aimed a punch straight at the Minotaur, with the intention of killing.

Spoiler

Copper ripped through the ring, rapidly closing the distance between himself and his opponent. The attack was so powerful that it broke a fissure in the ground where he traveled even though his hoof wasn't even touching it.

Onyx didn't try to  sidestep the attack. He widened his stance, planting both hooves into the ground. He opened both of his palms and waited for Copper's strike to connect.

"Copper is charging at Onyx with an explosive attack but it looks like the brave minotaur is planning to block it!" Topaz said.

"What? Why wouldn't he dodge?" Shining Armor asked, stepping near the edge of the protective barrier he created.

The explosive field of energy surrounding Copper collided with Onyx's and for a moment, Copper's momentum was stopped. There were sparks of electric surges while the two auras collided. Copper's hoof was less than an inch from Onyx's open palm. The minotaur gritted his teeth and let out a war-like cry, the firey glow in his eyes became even brighter.

"RAAAAH!" He spread his arms, hugging the space around Copper. His aura flared up while he was slowly pushed back. His hooves dug into the ground, creating deep trenches in the concrete ring while he was pushed back. Blood trickled from his mouth and he flexed his muscles while he was pushed toward the edge of the ring.

This is it. I reverse his attack now and he won't have anything left!

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

"Heh... you fell for it."

Those were the only words Copper spoke before he disappeared in front of Onyx.  He had already planned ahead, making it look like he was just going to charge in front of Onyx.  Instead, he bolted around the small area between him and Onyx, aiming yet another flurry of attacks around him, but these had tons more power than the last barrages with this aura.  He was going all in on this assault, and if this fails, well... it was worth a shot.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

"..."

11 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

The explosive field of energy surrounding Copper collided with Onyx's and for a moment, Copper's momentum was stopped. There were sparks of electric surges while the two auras collided. Copper's hoof was less than an inch from Onyx's open palm. The minotaur gritted his teeth and let out a war-like cry, the firey glow in his eyes became even brighter.

"RAAAAH!" He spread his arms, hugging the space around Copper. His aura flared up while he was slowly pushed back. His hooves dug into the ground, creating deep trenches in the concrete ring while he was pushed back. Blood trickled from his mouth and he flexed his muscles while he was pushed toward the edge of the ring.

11 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Those were the only words Copper spoke before he disappeared in front of Onyx.  He had already planned ahead, making it look like he was just going to charge in front of Onyx.  Instead, he bolted around the small area between him and Onyx, aiming yet another flurry of attacks around him, but these had tons more power than the last barrages with this aura.  He was going all in on this assault, and if this fails, well... it was worth a shot.

Jade watched Copper's sudden barrage of fast attacks, and nodded slowly.

"He lured Onyx into blocking a powerful attack, so he could wear him down with a flurry of quick blows," she muttered. "He has no time to defend, so this will knock him off his game. Copper just needs to wait for the right moment to deliver the finishing strike."

On 10/5/2019 at 7:13 PM, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

Onyx felt the energy attack he was fighting against deminish in size. He didn't realize Copper had disappeared from it until it was too late and Copper was already at his side. He clenched his fists and turned to face Copper as quickly as he could, but the first three blows connected with full force before he was able to block. One hit his shoulder and left a yellowed bruise, the other two connected with his lower ribs and copper heard soft pops as two of them were fractured.

Onyx started backing away, using the outsides of his hands to block the strikes while he backpedaled. Copper was moving too fast for him to defend. Every once in a while, one of his punches would hit it's target and leave a new bruise or break another bone.

Attempting a counter attack for Onyx would be like tilting at a windmill. His only chance to reverse the situation would be to grapple one of the earth pony's hooves, but gripping them would require masterful presision.

Spoiler

Onyx's younger form knelt in front of Rokata, bruised and beaten, completely under his mercy. He barely even had the strength to stand. "Why don't you just kill me now? You've gotten what you want. Now all I want is an end."

"You don't get to make decisions like that any longer. I decide when you die. You lost that right."

Onyx's glowing eyes focused on Copper's left front hoof. If he focused on just one of the limbs, he had a chance of spotting a pattern. After suffering a few more intense blows, he had it. After a low blow to his gut, Onyx managed to swiftly grip copper's leg, just above the hoof. He squeezed it hard and yanked Copper off balance, widening his legs as he attempted to force Copper face first into the ground.

Success!

"Game over," Mason commented.

"Let's wait and see," Said Rail.

Onyx grasped Copper's leg hard enough to crack the bone, a fitting trade for the punishment Copper just put him through.

• Brohoof 2

@Literally Snails

Oh no!

That was the last thing Copper thought of when he did the all-out assault.  Maybe it was because the pattern he had?  Whatever the case it wasn't time to think as his leg bone was cracked.  He screamed in pain, and he was slammed to the ground to add to it.  He had to think at his quickest now, or risk losing his life.  "SONIC-KAIO!" he roared, and then a scarlet aura engulfed him.  It wasn't the fiery aura, not even close, but it would serve some purpose.  He also remembered that the thumb bone, well the equivalent to it as far as claws and the like, was the weakest bone in the body, so he didn't have to use a lot of force to kick his broken hind-hoof out of Onyx's grasp, and when he did, he retreated to his original spot, basically floating with one hoof on the arena ground, panting heavily.  "Good move," he said to Onyx, his scarlet aura still intact.

Then he closed his eyes, and stopped the aura.  "You're an amazing fighter, Onyx." he stated as he opened his eyes.  "I'll definitely come back next year for our rematch, and I'll be stronger than before."  With that, he did the unthinkable and jumped off the arena circle, plopping his flank on the ground thanks to his hind-hoof being broken.  "Don't bother counting, Topaz.  I forfeit this match to Onyx."

• Brohoof 1

On 10/5/2019 at 7:50 PM, Literally Snails said:
Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Copper ripped through the ring, rapidly closing the distance between himself and his opponent. The attack was so powerful that it broke a fissure in the ground where he traveled even though his hoof wasn't even touching it.

Onyx didn't try to  sidestep the attack. He widened his stance, planting both hooves into the ground. He opened both of his palms and waited for Copper's strike to connect.

"Copper is charging at Onyx with an explosive attack but it looks like the brave minotaur is planning to block it!" Topaz said.

"What? Why wouldn't he dodge?" Shining Armor asked, stepping near the edge of the protective barrier he created.

As Copper launched his final attack, Dynamo watched as the arrow started making it's way towards the colossal minotaur. Even the blue unicorn had to agree with Shining Armor on Onyx's last minute decision. "Maybe he didn't want to. I can't say that Onyx looks tired, but maybe dodging would be a bad decision on his part. Even if he did dodge, then it would leave him wide open for an assault from Copper." Dynamo responded, watching as Onyx was slowly being pushed back towards the edge of the ring.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:13 PM, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

Dynamo's thoughts were confirmed as Jade had explained the reasoning behind Copper's strategy. He smiled as his friend was able to catch Onyx off guard, while being able to capitalize on the plan at hoof. The smile soon faded as he had to realize that Copper wasn't out of the woods just yet. "He needs to end this fight and he needs to end this now. Come on, bro. You've almost got this." He gritted his teeth as he hoped for his friend's success.

2 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Onyx felt the energy attack he was fighting against deminish in size. He didn't realize Copper had disappeared from it until it was too late and Copper was already at his side. He clenched his fists and turned to face Copper as quickly as he could, but the first three blows connected with full force before he was able to block. One hit his shoulder and left a yellowed bruise, the other two connected with his lower ribs and copper heard soft pops as two of them were fractured.

Onyx started backing away, using the outsides of his hands to block the strikes while he backpedaled. Copper was moving too fast for him to defend. Every once in a while, one of his punches would hit it's target and leave a new bruise or break another bone.

Attempting a counter attack for Onyx would be like tilting at a windmill. His only chance to reverse the situation would be to grapple one of the earth pony's hooves, but gripping them would require masterful presision.

Onyx's younger form knelt in front of Rokata, bruised and beaten, completely under his mercy. He barely even had the strength to stand. "Why don't you just kill me now? You've gotten what you want. Now all I want is an end."

"You don't get to make decisions like that any longer. I decide when you die. You lost that right."

Onyx's glowing eyes focused on Copper's left front hoof. If he focused on just one of the limbs, he had a chance of spotting a pattern. After suffering a few more intense blows, he had it. After a low blow to his gut, Onyx managed to swiftly grip copper's leg, just above the hoof. He squeezed it hard and yanked Copper off balance, widening his legs as he attempted to force Copper face first into the ground.

Success!

"Game over," Mason commented.

"Let's wait and see," Said Rail.

Onyx grasped Copper's leg hard enough to crack the bone, a fitting trade for the punishment Copper just put him through.

13 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

Oh no!

That was the last thing Copper thought of when he did the all-out assault.  Maybe it was because the pattern he had?  Whatever the case it wasn't time to think as his leg bone was cracked.  He screamed in pain, and he was slammed to the ground to add to it.  He had to think at his quickest now, or risk losing his life.  "SONIC-KAIO!" he roared, and then a scarlet aura engulfed him.  It wasn't the fiery aura, not even close, but it would serve some purpose.  He also remembered that the thumb bone, well the equivalent to it as far as claws and the like, was the weakest bone in the body, so he didn't have to use a lot of force to kick his broken hind-hoof out of Onyx's grasp, and when he did, he retreated to his original spot, basically floating with one hoof on the arena ground, panting heavily.  "Good move," he said to Onyx, his scarlet aura still intact.

Then he closed his eyes, and stopped the aura.  "You're an amazing fighter, Onyx." he stated as he opened his eyes.  "I'll definitely come back next year for our rematch, and I'll be stronger than before."  With that, he did the unthinkable and jumped off the arena circle, plopping his flank on the ground thanks to his hind-hoof being broken.  "Don't bother counting, Topaz.  I forfeit this match to Onyx."

@Arid_Blitz @Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111

With each decisive hit from Copper, Dynamo could see the minotaur was beginning to stagger. As it looked like the match would be theirs, the gaming stallion watched in shock as Only grasped Copper's front left hoof. Dynamo thought he could hear a bone cracking, which caused his ears to fall as he winced. Just the idea of what happened had Dynamo shiver as he could feel his friend's pain. He breathed a sigh of relief as Copper had used a technique to escape Onyx's clutches, but it looked like the damage had been done. He began to wonder what Copper would do, before giving his friend a questionable look as the aura had faded. It was then that Copper had jumped out of the arena and landed on the grassy terrain. His jaw dropped slightly as he heard Copper telling Topaz that he forfeited the match. While it was bad that they had lost and were slightly behind, he couldn't help in being thankful that his friend was still alive and well. He made his way over to Copper, before offering a hoof to help him up to walk. "Great job out there, bro. That was a really great fight you had out there." He says, giving his friend a reassuring smile.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Jade was initially shocked, and for a split-second, enraged at Copper forfeiting the match. But the anger left as quickly as it came.

No, he made the right decision. We may be behind, but nocreature's life was taken.

She looked to Shining Armour. "Could you have somepony take him to the medical area?"

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob@DwhitetheGamer@Dynamo Pad

Draco looked at Jade as he started to walk towards the downed stallion. His eyes held one emotion, no pity nor acceptance. No the emotion in his eyes was disgust. "You are an idiot," Draco stated calmly as he could. "Getting into a pissing match with that guy? Wasted power and throwing away a gift? Disgusting prideful display," Draco stated as he sent a hard punch towards Copper's snout.

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

Draco looked at Jade as he started to walk towards the downed stallion. His eyes held one emotion, no pity nor acceptance. No the emotion in his eyes was disgust. "You are an idiot," Draco stated calmly as he could. "Getting into a pissing match with that guy? Wasted power and throwing away a gift? Disgusting prideful display," Draco stated as he sent a hard punch towards Copper's snout.

Copper looked at Draco and deflected the punch away, looking enraged.  "You really think I was pissing away my power?  Has your dumbass ever stopped to even THINK as to why I did this?  It was because I wanted to gauge myself against one of Team Rokata's contestants.  I knew I couldn't take any of them on with my full strength at this moment in time, and if you think what I did there was disgusting prideful display, why don't you think about if I took all of them at once?!  I would've been dead within a few seconds, or even toyed with!  And that Power Bracer?  Maybe that was a sign of arrogance, but not pride."  He took Dynamo's hoof and raised himself up on his one fine hind-leg.  "I respect you, Draco, but freaking yikes, use what little brain you have and think."

@Unicorncob @Literally Snails

He looked at Jade and Shining for a moment before nodding.  "Yes, please take me to the medical area.  I hope to be back in this spot soon."

• Brohoof 2