Google+ is Shutting Down

EpicEnergy

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/427938-google-to-close-google-plus-accounts-april-2 

Google has announced that they are going to shut down Google+ completely in April 2019, two months away, and the process has already started. Basically, their primary reasons are because (1) a detrimental bug has occurred that compromised some sensitive information of many Google+ users and (2) Google+ doesn’t have much usage anyways. More information here.

Shutting down Google+ will also affect negatively affect some aspects of YouTube, though nothing major.

What are your thoughts on Google+ shutting down? Did you use it at all? Will you miss it?

I personally don’t use it at all, though I do have an account on it. Because I don’t use it, there is nothing for me to backup (eg., posts, comments, data), so I’m good to go. I do empathize with those who have used Google+ frequently though, since they have to say goodbye to this social media platform permanently.

Edited by EpicEnergy
  • Brohoof 1

*totally not up to any shenanigans* :ithastolookpretty:

And nothing of value was lost.

In all honesty, I'm surprised it stuck around for as long as it did after its disastrous roll-out in 2013. 

Edited by TheAnimationFanatic

f.jpg

"Work Hard! In the end, passion and hard work beats out natural talent."
- Pete Docter 

I'm a  little bit sad since so much memories there....well time to save my old pictures post. What a drag. 

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

Uh, don't you mean 'April 2019'? We've already gone past 2018. I don't want to see any confusion on here.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 2

Dark thoughts are banished! Dark thoughts do not exist!

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4477-3810

(The picture of my OC in the profile icon was created by MrBrandonMac. OC description is in the Character Database.)

I was an early user but quickly gave up in the platform due to not being very useful. Ultimately it’s death has been in the works for years now. It was on life support anyway.

2 hours ago, Photon Jet said:

Uh, don't you mean 'April 2019'? We've already gone past 2018. I don't want to see any confusion on here.

Thanks for pointing that out, my bad. :twismile:

• Brohoof 1

*totally not up to any shenanigans* :ithastolookpretty:

Good fucking riddance, it was just a blatant attempt to cash in on the success of Facebook that was going nowhere, and then forcing it on everyone who just wanted youtube just turned more people away from it

I had no use for it, but Google forced me to get it to use YouTube properly.:eww:

Edited by Cirrus.

post-24370-0-50818200-1417635705.jpg

Rainbow Rocks... at least how it could've looked... in a stranger, more interesting dimension :lol:

For those who are wondering, Twilight is chewing bubble gum.

Original Artwork: http://inkypsycho.deviantart.com/art/Do-Ya-Thing-by-Gorillaz-Ponified-487082864

I was very much against the merge and now that things were so connected...I really hope Google does something better to make up for Google+

• 2 weeks later...

I have a google+ account since a couple games (Sonic Dash 1 and 2) on my phone required one. Wonder if that will affect them? I don't really play them much anymore tho.

I used Google+ a tiny bit, though I haven't touched it for over three years. Their services were okay from what I recall, though some things were difficult.

At first I rejected the zero, but that was because I simply didn't understand it. Now I do.

notsurprisedkirk.jpg.5e3c7b8364954ee3a4973cfb3c594969.jpg

Wow. That's shocking. Why would they ever do that, it's not like nobody was using it!

...oh wait, it is.

ss.jpg.aeda24b4fffcece6dbcbd671ce8d08f8.jpg.2e087456cec99833c153f33e137a4d8f.jpg

𝕿𝖆𝖐𝖊 𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙, 𝖋𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊! 𝖂𝖊 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙, 𝖜𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊! 𝕴 𝖘𝖊𝖊 𝖎𝖙, 𝖑𝖊𝖙'𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑 𝖎𝖙, 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖊 𝖜𝖊'𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘! 𝕷𝖊𝖙 𝖌𝖔 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙, 𝖋𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊! 𝕱𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊! 𝕲𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊!

If you are not yet subscribed to Syrex, frankly, what are you even doing with your life? Best Nightcore & artist cooperation ever <3