Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

World Cup - Battle of Tambelon - The Final Charge

Grogar

The Final Battle  

155 users have voted

1. 1. Who shall win?

• Grogar's Army (Tirek, Cozy, ALL OF EQUESTRIA)
    • The Moon Seven (Luna, NMM, Celestia, AJ, Fluttershy, Pony of Shadows, & Somnambula)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2019-03-30 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

Guess we'll soon found out...

Yep. First thing tomorrow morning. I cleared my weekend specifically to close this out. And launch the last element, and announce the date of the live stream. 

;)

Hint 

Most sports teams that win a championship have an MVP. 

• Brohoof 1
On 3/27/2019 at 9:30 PM, Michel The Shade said:

ou are a blithering idiot. Not to mention a coward.

"I can't deal with this. I'm sad. I'll be a traitor now."

That is ALL I heard from you. You CAN"T HANDLE REALITY! You are butthurt over your team losing, you are a fatalistic, hopeless shell of a pony. You are already giving up. You don't even want to TRY and fight back. now ANSWER THE QUESTION I HAVE ASKED SEVERAL TIMES!

WHO. IS. THE. REAL. MONSTER!?

Those who fight back, TRYING to do the right thing. Or those who have given up and side with the PROMISE of Death and Destruction.

How very mature. 

Traitors still choose sides. We have not. We have seen reality. Oh we have seen it. And frankly, we're amazed anypony can handle it. You never get over loss. And yes, we are. Thanks for noticing. Oh believe us,. We've tried. We've tried so many times.

And that's a strange definition of right. Who is really right when we've all betrayed our convictions? Is death so unpreferible when we've lost who we are? 

On 3/27/2019 at 9:46 PM, Janicethelight said:

I can understand how you feel.  I can't deny the truth that there are still questions in my mind.  But, Equestria has been through a lot, and every single pony had to fight, or risk their own team being taken as well as their 'opponents'.  This was a war that no one could completely win.  A war that every pony lost something in.  Even team Moon.  Apple Jack lost her family, Fluttershy lost friends and animals, Somambula lost the other pillars, Luna and Celestia watched Twilight and Cadence leave...and it hurts.  I myself am a proud member of team Crystal Empire, which fell to Tambelon some time ago.  I still believe my team does what it can behind the scenes in order to help every pony...until this point in time when they can't.  And, no, it doesn't.  You are absolutely right.  War is hard to return home from.  The Doctor can tell you that first hoof.  However, when you do return home, you have a chance to change things.  You have a chance to make the world better.  Isn't that better than having no world to return to at all...and what would Grogar do to the ponies he has if Team Moon did loose?

And, I can understand your feelings.  It hurts to feel like we may have hurt the very ponies who gave us so much, but, knowing them, the ponies will understand.  They did, at some point, have no choice but to fight eachother for the title.  Otherwise, they would give up their world and possibly themselves.  It could be worse than Thanos in the Marvel Universe.  Yes, this is the hardest and worst war the ponies have ever seen, and now, Grogar literally turned the taken against our team, and notice, Luna's first  tactic was to go around the Equestrians, and not hurt them.  They wish no harm on their fellow ponies or creatures...what brought them to the point would have been for any and every team that first started playing.  Weather it ended up being Team Moon, Ponyville, Crystal Empire, or any others, this would still have ended up the same, with that team facing a terrible dilemma.    However, like the pillar of Hope, I must believe there is still a way to save the day, though I still don't trust Grogar.

How do you think it's bold?  Please explain your reasoning.

I can't tell when the good time will come.  I have no time traveling box to speak of.  You should ask Doctor Hooves once he has his Tardis back.  He would be able to look into it.  That's the thing about the bad times.  They feel like they last a lifetime, sometimes...they drag, but, then the light of good times shine through the dark, and the dark fades, but by bit, until they become a distant nightmare.  Equestrians are strong creatures.  Their love and friendship sees them through time and time again.  I believe it will see them through this, and, though it will be hard to go back, they will help one another do just that.

Are they worth saving after they've lost themselves to this game? This war? And a chance? The slim chance of everything being better, versus the likely hood of this misery continuing? 

Yes, they can forgive. But can we forgive ourselves. Can they forgive themselves. Can any of us bear that guilt? 

The bold claim? That joy awaits after pain. 

Help... they tried to help. They all tried so hard. So valiantly. And look where it sent them all....

Out there. All our team mates.

All of Team Ponyville.

All of Team Wonderbolts academy.

All of the Changeling Kingdom.

All of the Dragonlands Coalition. 

All of Sin City United....

*Looks to the infinite horizon covered by the hollowed hordes of fallen heroes. Tattered banners of every team being aimlessly carried. 

By Ember. By Chrysalis. By Spitfire. By Midnight's Blossom-Sparkle and Sci-Twi.*

@Princess Luna 

You all want a traitor? You want somepony to betray their convictions?

We despise your team. We think you were unethical. We despise your path to victory. Any team but you moon. Any team but you.  

You're our enemies. Always have been from the very start. 

So you want our help. You want us to become traitors?

image.thumb.png.adbc41fbe27f7013b615c2f8b57e789b.png

What's one more sacrifice? We've already lost this game. Maybe our conviction will be just enough to make a difference. 

You're still the worst team. Winning the world cup doesn't change that. 

But if Tambleon played, you'd be second worst. But they didn't, so you've earned that crown. 

Now,  claim the real prize, and bring it back for the rest of us. 

S-C-U! 

• Brohoof 1
7 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Umm, hate to break it to ya, but Zack Ryder's not from S-C-U. 

Being the Long Island Iced Z makes that difficult. 

Yeah, but the "Woo! Woo! Woo!" was part of our catchphrase. :twi: (At least in the gifs I made.) 

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Yeah, but the "Woo! Woo! Woo!" was part of our catchphrase. :twi: (At least in the gifs I made.) 

I thought our catch phraise was "This is... the worst team, we've ever.... faced! " 

• Brohoof 2
50 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Traitors still choose sides. We have not.

@Denim&Venom Oh... wait... nevermind. It all makes sense now. I knew there was something off about you. No Allegiance, my red flank.

On 11/22/2018 at 12:09 AM, Denim&Venom said:
  • Good thing I'm on TCK in service of her majesty, my liege and yours, Queen Chrysalis. 

• We are not your allies and the hive still belongs to our liege and yours. After all, Princesses kneel to Queens. What remains is anarchy. A warlord and despot wears a false crown and leads a treasonous cult.

• Oh we'll be inditing former citizen Throax on counts of impersonating a noble and staging a mutiny. But yes, we shall place that on the back burner. 

...fake news? ;)

Enjoy your thousand year exile. Or simply hope that the fair and noble king, Thorax, shows enough kindness to extradite you.

• Brohoof 1
1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

How very mature. 

Traitors still choose sides. We have not. We have seen reality. Oh we have seen it. And frankly, we're amazed anypony can handle it. You never get over loss. And yes, we are. Thanks for noticing. Oh believe us,. We've tried. We've tried so many times.

And that's a strange definition of right. Who is really right when we've all betrayed our convictions? Is death so unpreferible when we've lost who we are? 

I stand by every word I said.

And that is slightly true. Loss stays with you. But YOU have let it CONTROL you. You need to accept it, and move on. 

Unlike you, I have NEVER betrayed my convictions. And I never will. And I would rather die FIGHTING, than giving up. Becasue when you give up, it is YOU who has betrayed your friends. Not Team Moon, not Me, Not anyone else.....YOU. 

I think you need to rethink what your convictions really are, if you were so ready and able to betray them. I'm not so sure you're someone who can be trusted, honestly.

As for this conversation with you. I am done. I am not going to waste anymore of my time speaking with you. Good Day Sir!

• Brohoof 1

Earlier before the destruction of Ponyville (link here)

On 3/9/2019 at 2:54 PM, Starlight Glimmer said:

Starlight slowly trotted up the to veil separating the mysterious area where her friends and countless citizens were being held. This place felt different than the rest of the dream realm, and if Twilight was right this was the seat of Grogars power. If Luna was right this could be his one weakness. Starlight knew she couldn't breach the veil herself, but Twilight suspected that an Element of Harmony could. Grogar seemed particularly interested in the EoH and their bearers. The didn't have the physical element gems, but maybe .... this would work. 

Okay, Fluttershy I know that this is going to be uncomfortable for you, but you should be able to step right through. If that's true, you only have a few minutes before your you become incorporeal. Even with my shield spell, that will only buy maybe an extra few seconds. Find him. Luna said she can't feel Discord's presence like the others. If that is true, he may have figured out a way to hide from Grogar. If you do find him you know what to do. 

On 3/9/2019 at 3:02 PM, Fluttershy said:

The yellow pegasus pony was visibly shaking, but continued her stead trot toward the veil. She felt the tingling sensation of her unicorn companions aura sourding her, and that gave her just enough courage to take one more step. 

Oh Discord, please be okay in there. I'm sure I'll be alright ... just don't go anywhere okay Starlight. 

She tuned to Starlight who was focused on maintaining the spell, but she saw the slight smile of her friends and a sad reassurance cross her face. 

On 3/9/2019 at 3:10 PM, Starlight Glimmer said:

It's okay Fluttershy, I got this. You got this. I'm ... not going anywhere. I'll be right here when you get back. Hurry you won't have much time. 

It wasn't an easy lie to tell, but necessary. She didn't want Flutters to worry about her. Starlight saw her friend nod with tears in her eyes, as she continued and took a final step through the veil. 

It's all up you you now Fluttershy. 

On 3/20/2019 at 1:22 PM, Fluttershy said:

It didn't take long for Fluttershy to find Discord. What she felt upon seeing up sent pangs of sadness and pity throughout her core. Luna was right. Before Discord's soul was taken, he must have teleported in here on his own. Luna suspected that he may have closed off his powers before Grogar could make use of them. Discord sat on a floating piece of earth in the featureless void, slowly chipping away at a rock in his clawed hand. She couldn't make out what it was, but she pushed the thought of her friend sitting here alone out of her head and cleared her throat. 

On 3/22/2019 at 1:07 PM, Discord said:

Fluttershy, is that you? Oh no, did billy goat's gruff get you too!

On 3/22/2019 at 1:11 PM, Fluttershy said:

Oh no, Starlight helped me get in here. I ended of with Luna are her team. We are facing Grogar soon and .... we need your help! 

On 3/22/2019 at 4:48 PM, Discord said:

Luna was always good for surprises. I hate to burst Princess Emo's little bubble, but I can't leave. The moment I start using any chaos magic that will alert Grogar and Tirek ... and poof. No more Prince of Shenanigans. I don't even see how you are going to defeat him. Twilight and Cadance are in one team and gone. I mean if you have the power of four fully developed and trained Alicorns, maybe. But you don't!

Discord almost missed the look on Fluttershy's face. Almost. He knew that expression well as he wore it often, sort of a resting prank face. Flutter's friends didn't often see this side of her, but Discord had. Fluttershy's smile, that wonderful smile of knowing a devious little secret, made Discord stop .... did they have more than Celestia and Luna. Sure Nightmare Moon was there, but her powers worked differently. Hm. How .... something was there poking the edge of his brain .... something familiar ... someth--  THAT'S IT!

YOU DIDN'T? YOU DID! OH MY LUNA IT'S GENIUS! But it still isn't enough. If you had me on your side mayyyybe. But harumph. I'm just not as popular as you pretty little ponies. 

Discord, crossed his arms in a pout, but softened at the look on Fluttershy's face. It changed from triumphant to worried. Almost bordering on tears. Discord couldn't bear to see her this upset. That spell won't last forever though. Discord mentally sighed. Oh well, he thought to himself, existence is overrated anyway. 

Hm. I can't come with you, but there is something I can do .... I'm not going to give those Princess Ponies all of the fun. Remember that time you had to try and think chaotically to snap me out of my normal state of mind? Well ... this is what we are going to do. 

1001455.gif

Fluttershy looked at the soul that remained from her friend. Her vision was obscured by her tears. Seconds ago Discord snapped his fingers, and this glowing sphere was all that was left of the once powerful draconequus. Her heart was breaking from all the loss she had experienced since this .... thing started. Discord said that the transfer will be done in the future .... his last instruction was simply ... "Fly out my friend." Fluttershy was startled out of her sorrow when she saw the protective shield flicker! 

Oh No! Starlight's spell is weakening. I have to get back to her. I hope she's okay. 

Fluttershy gently released the glowing orb in her hooves, a melancholy shudder joined the remaining tears. She almost swore she heard a faint familiar laughter emanating from within. She turned around to look at where she came from, and and flew toward the veil like she had never flown in her life. 

• Brohoof 5
1 hour ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Mares and Gentlecolts, I give you: @Denim&Venom - new appointed chief of the Tambelonian Ministry of Propaganda.

14 minutes ago, Michel The Shade said:

I stand by every word I said.

And that is slightly true. Loss stays with you. But YOU have let it CONTROL you. You need to accept it, and move on. 

Unlike you, I have NEVER betrayed my convictions. And I never will. And I would rather die FIGHTING, than giving up. Becasue when you give up, it is YOU who has betrayed your friends. Not Team Moon, not Me, Not anyone else.....YOU. 

I think you need to rethink what your convictions really are, if you were so ready and able to betray them. I'm not so sure you're someone who can be trusted, honestly.

As for this conversation with you. I am done. I am not going to waste anymore of my time speaking with you. Good Day Sir!

In the words of the fallen Tempest:

"Open up your eyes...." 

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Are they worth saving after they've lost themselves to this game? This war? And a chance? The slim chance of everything being better, versus the likely hood of this misery continuing? 

Yes, they can forgive. But can we forgive ourselves. Can they forgive themselves. Can any of us bear that guilt? 

Help... they tried to help. They all tried so hard. So valiantly. And look where it sent them all....

All of Team Ponyville.

*Looks to the infinite horizon covered by the hollowed hordes of fallen heroes. Tattered banners of every team being aimlessly carried. 

By Ember. By Chrysalis. By Spitfire. By Midnight's Blossom-Sparkle and Sci-Twi.*

@Princess Luna 

You all want a traitor? You want somepony to betray their convictions?

We despise your team. We think you were unethical. We despise your path to victory. Any team but you moon. Any team but you.  

You're our enemies. Always have been from the very start. 

So you want our help. You want us to become traitors?

image.thumb.png.adbc41fbe27f7013b615c2f8b57e789b.png

What's one more sacrifice? We've already lost this game. Maybe our conviction will be just enough to make a difference. 

You're still the worst team. Winning the world cup doesn't change that. 

But if Tambleon played, you'd be second worst. But they didn't, so you've earned that crown. 

Now,  claim the real prize, and bring it back for the rest of us. 

S-C-U! 

Maybe Tambleon was our calling after all.... 

• Brohoof 1
3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Maybe Tambleon was our calling after all.... 

For a Dark Changeling caught trying to reinstate a tyrant and enemy of every nation in these games... yep... go seek asylum. Well... assuming Tambelon is still there tomorrow.

• Brohoof 2

During the destruction of Ponyville

Fluttershy exited the well of souls through the veil. Her exhaustion almost made her want to collapse then and there, still emotionally reeling from seeing Discord sacrifice himself for the greater good. 'Things could barely get worse', Fluttershy lamented ... and at once regretted that stray thought. 

Starlight was disappearing in from of her struggling to hold the protection spell. Fluttershy went out to reach her, but her hoof phased through the fading vision of Twilight's pupil. The yellow pegasus eyes met Startight's. A pleading and desperate look from the unicorn told Fluttershy that she wanted to know the mission wasn't in vain. Fluttershy nodded, unable to find her voice. Starlight Glimmer must have understood, because her face relaxed briefly in contemplation, then .... that smile. Starlight had perhaps one of the most chilling grins that Fluttershy had ever seen on a pony, a remaining piece of her past life. Starlight Glimmer wore that smile now. She understood, and knew that they may have just set up their checkmate. Then, she was gone. Fluttershy knew what this meant. Ponyville had lost. Twilight, Cadance, Rainbow .... all gone. 

She wasn't given time to mourn though. Almost at once Fluttershy felt .... everything. She started to glow, a coruscate eminence that would have blinded anyone who may have been in her presence. DISCORD! The power transfer had a delay! That is what he meant by future. Why didn't he just say so? Fluttershy's mind was reeling. An almost infinite number of impossibilities were given form in her mind, and in her thoughts ... they could be made possible ... and if they could be made possible there .... then they could be be given life here. How had Discord NOT gone mad, she thought? Time seemed to stand still as her being and mind adapted to the chaos magic. She saw so much existence past and present .... she saw the battles unfold in the Dream Realm. Luna fighting, Princess Celestia delivering some impressive magical blasts against Daybreaker. She saw her friends being used as pawns in an army against her teammates. They were winning. Oh .... OH NO. Grogar. She could see GROGAR. He knew what she had done, and was impressed, and cautious. 

That was all she needed. Fluttershy stood, chuckled to herself, and got to work on her own plan. 

"My turn!"

• Brohoof 1
16 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

All of Team Ponyville.

vry

Of course they are worth saving.  Every pony is worth saving.  Every pony deserves a happier ending than being what?  At best, disappearing, and at worse, made something along the lives of slaves worse than the darkest days of the Crystal Empire.  

And I believe that no creature is perfect.  We all shine brightly, but each of us has a darkness within us as well.  Knowing that there is a darkness is the first step in truely being in the light.  Yes, it will be hard, for all of those teams, but ultimately, life will go on, and the horrid nightmare will become a distant memory.

I'm sure that the crystal ponies thought their pain wouldn't end when Sombra was in rule, and the citizens of Equestria when the Windigos were blowing colder weather.  It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel of hurt, but it is there, and you have to keep going.  It will hurt to do so, ut fighting your way through is the only way to get to the other side!  I see it in you too.  In your own way, you care about all of those teams, and you are sad to see them go.  I can't blame you for that.  I have no one left from my team either, but I refuse to give up.  Keeping up hope is my nature.  Hope Springs Eternal.  You never know when the brighter future will start.  After all, your teams still have faith in you.  You are still here.  So keep fighting...for their sake!  They trust in us now to carry them forward, to save them.  Every pony and every creature.  We are what is left, but we are enough!  Enough to keep their spirits in the light!  So long as we never give up, they will have a chance to live normally again!

• Brohoof 1
2 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Battle of Tambelon: Chapter IV
Fluttercord Rising

image.thumb.png.080cfb1d30e811c761552054f49b8125.png

Run, Grogar. Run.

I've herd of shipping,, but this is ridiculous!  XD

Oh, also, @Denim&Venom, I just realized...you don't like team moon, with both Celestia and Luna in it.  For someone who doesn't, you certainly like to use the ECLIPSES emoji often XD

Sorry, I had to 

Our final heroes are looking super awesome. B)
Clearly, the ponies are winning by a landslide. I wasn't even really expecting this to come down to a poll because the result seems obvious to me.

But nonetheless, let's go Fluttershy and Woona! Kick their butts!

• Brohoof 2

Bit of a spoilers: I have it on good faith that Jeric is collaborating with Denim&Venom, Will Guide and Rikifive. They're working on a climax where Grogar will catch the ponies

Spoiler

...with fishing rods.

He's gonna grab 'em all on a buncha fishing hooks trailing behind him.

AKA

...he's gonna troll them.

Don't know the finer details, he asked me not to tell anyone but I can't bear this burden

• Brohoof 2