Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Order of Rarity - The Church of Fabulosity

Jeric

To invoke the immense generosity of Rarity we will bestow upon those who come into this temple to appreciate the glory that is Pearl Pone, and seek anointment to the Order as a Knight, complete with a crest adorned with the Golden Shears of Style! 

Praise be to You, all fabulous one!

EB540666-300E-4162-B4FB-845347CD4322.jpeg

Also included is thread in best color!

• Brohoof 4

• The topic was featured
36 minutes ago, Jeric said:

To invoke the immense generosity of Rarity we will bestow upon those who come into this temple to appreciate the glory that is Pearl Pone, and seek anointment to the Order as a Knight, complete with a crest adorned with the Golden Shears of Style! 

My wish came true! :D

Thank You, @Rarity, @Jeric & @Lord Valtasar this badge looks simply marvelous! :grin:

I apologize if I'm not giving credit to the correct artist. :sunny:

• Brohoof 3

9 hours ago, Jeric said:

A thread based on the art of the dress. Fabulous! :D 

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

So, I have to take an oath to never combine burgundy and purple? :pout:

Simple enough

YOU! 

You come here only for digital trinkets! Well .... if you wish to receive them you most atone with 3 Our Coco’s and 2 Hail Rarity’s! Failure to comply will earn you a trip to the pit of fashion shame where you will be nommed for a thousand years by the giant disembodied head of Gary Busey! 

CC400E5A-7F7D-4F9E-9E9D-F41074DDB422.jpeg

• Brohoof 3

28 minutes ago, Jerica said:

Failure to comply will earn you a trip to the pit of fashion shame where you will be nommed for a thousand years by the giant disembodied head of Gary Busey! 

HAIL RARITY! HAIL RARITY! HAIL RARITY! :mlp_blink:

• Brohoof 2

And all shall have received their customary sigil (Badge) 

You all realize that this is ongoing, right. :pistachio:

If you think I was going to let this die just because Rarity Week is done ... you don't know me all that way do you?

• Brohoof 3

8 minutes ago, Jerica said:

If you think I was going to let this die just because Rarity Week is done ... you don't know me all that way do you?

Rarity Week is done? 

, Darling. 

THE FABULOSITY SHALL LAST FOREVER:fabulous:

• Brohoof 1

On 9/8/2019 at 10:52 AM, Jerica said:

I shall cherish this! After all this badge..

3yO5L.jpg.6ecdc5f38ae70b016a4e564a30c7aad7.jpg

doesn't lie. :orly:

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Jerica said:

YOU! 

You come here only for digital trinkets! Well .... if you wish to receive them you most atone with 3 Our Coco’s and 2 Hail Rarity’s! Failure to comply will earn you a trip to the pit of fashion shame where you will be nommed for a thousand years by the giant disembodied head of Gary Busey! 

CC400E5A-7F7D-4F9E-9E9D-F41074DDB422.jpeg

Works for me. :sassy:

• Brohoof 2

So imagine my surprise today when I found out that I've become a Knight of Rarity, even though I never asked to be knighted. :confused:
Huh... I guess a samurai can be a knight too, after all.

...Now I just need to figure out how to get that Royal Crown Replica...

• Brohoof 2

31 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

So imagine my surprise today when I found out that I've become a Knight of Rarity, even though I never asked to be knighted. :confused:
Huh... I guess a samurai can be a knight too, after all.

...Now I just need to figure out how to get that Royal Crown Replica...

samurai were knights actually, they just had a different name for them in japan

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Lord Valtasar said:

samurai were knights actually, they just had a different name for them in japan

Yes, and no. The samurai class, while similar to the medieval knights, are different in many key ways besides the type of armor they wore. If anything, introducing the samurai class as "the knights of Japan" was just a way to convey what they were to people from western countries. It was a translation hazard. People from Japan don't usually consider Knights and Samurai to be the same thing. Anyone who does is the rare exception, not the rule.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Yes, and no. The samurai class, while similar to the medieval knights, are different in many key ways besides the type of armor they wore. If anything, introducing the samurai class as "the knights of Japan" was just a way to convey what they were to people from western countries. It was a translation hazard. People from Japan don't usually consider Knights and Samurai to be the same thing. Anyone who does is the rare exception, not the rule.

of course there are differences in gear, that is the case between european knights of different regions and timeperiods aswel, but functionally, they're pretty much the same, both were warriors under a certain king/shogun/emperor, and feudal lords of specific regions, not all knights were lords of course, but i believe the same applies to samurai
then again this is the church of fabulosity thread, so maybe attire should be held in priority :proud:

• Brohoof 2