Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread How are you feeling?

Rift enchanted

(edited)

Identified. I was browsing a reddit for people with complex post traumatic stress disorder, and saw a post mentioning chronic emotional abandonment in children, and the effect that this has across adulthood.
This perpetual feeling that you are still a broken and damaged child no matter your age. And it was amazing to see some level of awareness among people, to realize the severe effects that emotional neglect can have on a child. Because that was my life, basically.
This invisible damage that nobody can see, but it crushes you from the inside, and destroys your physical body, eventually.
Like it happened with other adults in the family, who didn't know what they were dying from, other than experiencing this constant state of sadness and internal fracture.
Because I will often dismiss the real severity of my own condition, due to the absence of physical trauma. Because the abuse was psychological in reality. And just because you cannot see something, it doesn't mean it isn't there. So, I feel identified. That is good. Understanding is good.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

(edited)

I’m relaxed. Lying in bed with the lights out and “I Can’t Make You Love Me” by Bonnie Raitt playing on repeat. Burning my wax melts too, “Apple Freesia” scented.

Looking forward to getting the giant seahorse plushie I ordered from Etsy this morning, because it’s going to make relaxation times like these at least 20% cozier! :fluttershy:

Edited by Moonydrop
Wording

As Travis Tritt said:

I'm feeling pretty good and that's the truth
It's neither drink nor drug induced, no
I'm just doing alright

• Brohoof 1

My job is giving us another raise so… that’s something worth looking forward to :squee: