Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How will Discord handle it when Fluttershy dies?

Azureth

1 minute ago, Latecomer said:

Well you might want to check out some of alarajrogers's stories on FIMFiction - a long-time Q writer who stated on Q-as-Discord stuff and then progressed into full-on Discord writing. Be warned, her stuff can get dark though.

I mean I don't actually care for it, it's my uncle's head canon, but I think it's fun idea. 

I can see Discord getting so desperate at the idea of losing Fluttershy that he might be tempted to offer her some kind of indirect immortality. (Like saving her spirit or something) But unless he's driven insane I don't think he would ever go against Fluttershy's wishes. For him the only thing that matters is that Fluttershy is happy, and if she's at peace with reaching the end of her life he would probably come to terms with it.

Knowing Fluttershy she probably won't be worried about herself at all; but instead worry about Discord's well-being and the animals in her sanctuary.

• Brohoof 1

On 10/21/2019 at 10:41 PM, Azureth said:

Clearly he seems to be an immortal being that will obviously outlive Fluttershy, so could you see him going crazy over it?

Maybe his magic is even strong enough to keep her alive. :derp:

I think he will be very sad and depressed and then I see two options:

1. He has build new friendships over the years and keeps in contact with the ponies
  2. He falls back to evil because his friendships have faded away and he reformed again by Twilight again.

8 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I can see him attempting to bring her back to life with his chaos magic or something, out of pure grief. 

On 10/23/2019 at 6:06 AM, Hierok said:

Maybe his magic is even strong enough to keep her alive. :derp:

I think he will be very sad and depressed and then I see two options:

1. He has build new friendships over the years and keeps in contact with the ponies
  2. He falls back to evil because his friendships have faded away and he reformed again by Twilight again.

Immortality is being empty. Discord is not a god or a dictator to bring a living being to life. that would challenge and discourage the cycle of life. Discord knows that ponies are born, age and die. He can't do that.

On 10/21/2019 at 6:07 PM, Latecomer said:

Couple of things to note - first, Fluttershy both knows this is going to happen and has (or at least will have) a great deal of experience in outliving her smaller friends. SO she'll doe her best to prepare him.

Second and more worryingly, old age isn't the only way to die. If he loses her suddenly, that's a whole different game.

And lastly - if this matters to him so much, then I bet a being of his power could probably help make great strides in healthcare and life extension if he put his mind to it.

And now I just got the idea of

Hide contents

the two of them fusing - him literally taking her into his immortal body - which could be gourgesly romantic or horrifyingly creepy depending on how you play it.

I'm just pretending that she lives forever with him bc I'm a giant sap and too emotional for my own good to accept that one day they'll be separated

5 hours ago, Van123 said:

Immortality is being empty. Discord is not a god or a dictator to bring a living being to life. that would challenge and discourage the cycle of life. Discord knows that ponies are born, age and die. He can't do that.

A bunch of fairly baseless statements here, especially the first. Or are they just your opinions?

• 6 months later...

There comes a time when someone close to you will pass away. Discord will have to deal with that, just like immortal Princess Twilight Sparkle.

I don't think any chaos magic will bring her back, and Discord knows this. :worry: