Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

Oooh, this seems interesting, I'd like to join when we you start with it.

I vote for Friend Zone just because it's funny.:D

Im sure we could make jokes if the town is named like that.

Also, im known for disappearing without warning so I think my character only should interact with others for a short time or they would be stopped for quite a while.:please:

• Brohoof 1

On 2/22/2020 at 12:16 AM, Quinch said:

I might just make something fresh - the QuinchOC is something I have on a backburner because I have a different arc direction planned for him, I kinda gave up on playing Sweet Comfort since I can't pull off the insight/empathy she's focused around and Drakontipa would be far more of a liability than anything.

I'm thinking maybe one of those sharkguys from Klugetown? Should be a fun experiment.

Cool! A fan character based on movie characters. I like it. :Rara:

1 minute ago, Bastian said:

Oooh, this seems interesting, I'd like to join when we you start with it.

I vote for Friend Zone just because it's funny.:D

Im sure we could make jokes if the town is named like that.

Also, im known for disappearing without warning so I think my character only should interact with others for a short time or they would be stopped for quite a while.:please:

That's be fine, as long as you are around to introduce your character at the start of the RP, and set up a reason for your character's limited appearances within the RP itself.

I honestly have no problem with keeping this a casual story where people come and go as they want. So if someone needs to temporarily leave because of real-life reasons, or if they decide they want out because the RP just isn't for them after all, then that's all right by me. Even during the middle of the RP, I am fine with anyone else who wants to be part of this. :)

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Windy Breeze said:

Can I use Shadow Trail as a random visitor? 

Sure thing!

I think I might start the official sign-up on Monday and start the RP shortly after. I seem to have plenty of interest in the RP, provided everyone has their OC of choice. I just don't have a lot of free time tonight, but for sure on Monday.

And since I have enough town suggestions, I'll put them through a randomizer and make an official decision. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Samurai Equine said:

Sure thing!

I think I might start the official sign-up on Monday and start the RP shortly after. I seem to have plenty of interest in the RP, provided everyone has their OC of choice. I just don't have a lot of free time tonight, but for sure on Monday.

And since I have enough town suggestions, I'll put them through a randomizer and make an official decision. 

That's great! Also thank you for accepting Shadow. 

• Brohoof 2

On 2/23/2020 at 7:29 PM, ExplosionMare said:

I’m definitely interested.

I'll be glad to welcome you!

4 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Samurai Equine Taking part in this could be fun, but I haven't actually drawn my Ponysona yet. Could I still take part if I provided my character's basic appearance, personality traits, and talents?

Sure! Ref images are NOT required. As long as you can fill out a character sheet, that's all that will matter.

23 minutes ago, Windy Breeze said:

@Samurai Equine I forgot to tell you I'm not available in Thursday and Friday. 

I'll try and get us all started before then. :) Also, don't be too worried about participation. It's mostly a casual RP, so there is room to come and go for long periods of time.

• Brohoof 1

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!

@Emerald Heart, @Dynamo Pad, @Pastel-chan, @Quinch, @Astral Vision, @Bastian, @Windy Breeze, @ExplosionMare

A sign-up form has been added to the top post. Got your OCs ready? Fill it out and post it for me to see, and I'll add you to the list of participants.

Sorry this took so long. The top post has been edited, and the RP thread will be up soon. Probably first thing tomorrow.

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine I'm on it chief!

Pastel

Spoiler
  • NAME: Pastel Heart
  • SPECIES: Earth Pony 
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Student/Goalless
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: Impressive singing voice and a competent explorer
  • PERSONALITY: Pastel is an energetic, simple minded filly with an unhealthy love of adventure. A free spirit, she tends to go off on her own and do as she pleases, which more often than not includes trying to imitate stories she's read about and seen in plays, often getting herself in trouble in the process. She tends to have exaggerated, over the top mannerisms akin to that of a cartoon or anime protagonist, and snarky side if the situation calls for it. Above all, Pastel loves fun and lives to have a good time. 
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: Huge troublemaker, just as likely to accidentally burn down a village as to save it. Not that she'll burn this one. Probably.
  • DESCRIPTION AND/OR REF IMAGE: Average schoolfilly size; very light pink fur (appears white), bright pink mane and tail. Her tail is long and flowing, as is her mane which hangs past her neck with messy, but straight bangs. Her eyes are wide and a light pink

Milenko

Spoiler
  • NAME: Milenko
  • SPECIES: Dragon
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Community Counselor 
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: Deep understanding of psychology and social science
  • PERSONALITY: Milenko is a kind dragon despite his intimidating appearance; he is empathetic, intelligent, helpful and aware of his surroundings. His hardships in the dragon homelands made him understanding of creatures of all different walks of life and his goal is to make every creature has the tools to achieve happiness.
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: Formerly a student guidance counselor at the School of Friendship, where he was popular among faculty and students alike. He has transferred to the town as a community counselor for personal reasons.
  • DESCRIPTION AND/OR REF IMAGE: He is a large, tall lime green colored dragon with dark green scales, and amber eyes. He has large pointed horns and wings, giving him initially an intimidating frame; he tries to remedy this by wearing formal clothes such as suits and ties, and lenseless glasses, giving him a more gentle and approachable appearance.

Sorry about the lack of pictures, I'm bad at art!

Edited by Pastel-chan
Added another character to use!
  • Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine

NAME: Fable
SPECIES: Earth Pony
OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Reading to Foals
ABILITIES/TALENTS: Detecting danger, knowledge of all things lost magic and mythical creatures, reciting old stories both historical and mythical. 
PERSONALITY: Wise, caring, and supportive. She is usually very quiet when she is not doing her job. She always has a blank expression, so it is hard to tell what she is thinking. She lives by the saying "actions speak louder than words"
ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: She has a little sister named Mystique and a mother called Aura. They might show up later in the roleplay, I'm not sure. If they do, I'll draw images.
DESCRIPTION AND/OR REF IMAGE:

fable.thumb.jpg.00c326935256cc264029541ce92b0b56.jpg

124935765_fablecutiemark.jpg.c8f37cbb164894193b986b2af97df6a5.jpg

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 2

Name: Shadow Trail

Species: Pegasus

Abilities/Talents: Able to build a better relationship with foals easily. 

Personality: Shadow Trail is very kind and caring to foals but she's naive and clumsy. 

Other information: She is a fan of Rainbow Dash. She is currently staying in the town and is often seen capturing pictures of the everyday life of the locals, mostly foals

Appearance:

IMG_20190729_112909_805.JPG.6641a9b865139440ba8f7acf1c683493.thumb.jpeg.d5e0c7fbed9f9b81ed3dd84d228450ae.jpeg

1916936716_unnamed(3).png.9b0ca6c84c1262666eef78fedd60aeff.png.829fc5adb4f23942650444c474ce37bf.png

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 2

• NAME: Dynamo Pad
  • SPECIES: Unicorn
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: His occupation is a tournament competitor in video games, while also working as an arcade employee. His desired job is to one day become a professional video game player.
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: For abilities, Dynamo has the standard spells a normal unicorn can use. Ranging from the standard light spell, magic laser, magic shield and teleportation. Some of the standard spells are a bit difficult as he is still learning to control his magic. He can also use elemental magic as a way to replicate spells he had seen, while playing video games. To Dynamo, he would coin the term his own style of video game magic. His talent is represented by a video game controller for his cutie mark. It represents his love and passion for playing video games. The mark also represents his ability to adapt in video games and everyday life.
  • PERSONALITY: Dynamo is very kind and caring when he is around his friends and others, no matter who it is. He tends to become somewhat shy when meeting somepony new for the first time. This causes him to become a bit nervous while he talks to those he's just met. In fear of making a fool out of himself or ruining any chance of making a new friendship. After getting to truly know them and befriending them, he becomes less nervous and tends to act silly and random. When playing a video game or entering a tournament, he becomes determined and very competitive towards his opponents. That doesn't stop him from trying to have fun and enjoy the tournament. He tends to become sad and discouraged when he loses at something, but he always tries and bounce back with new a new drive of determination. ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION:
  • DESCRIPTION AND/OR REF IMAGE:

17158948_10206994436334360_2220259012068

55726448_10211448252196973_6656663752147

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

• NAME: Pencil Pouch
  • SPECIES: Unicorn
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Freelance Artist
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: Able to repair art materials using magic and natural elements such as grass and clouds
  • PERSONALITY: She is energetic, caring, intelligent, and creative. Pencil loves to share her talents with her friends and she loves to hang out with them as often as she can. Pencil is also a bit of an introvert, so sometimes she would prefer to be by herself for a while. When she’s alone, she spends most if not all of her time creating. Pencil hopes that every time she sells an artwork, it inspires the pony who bought it.
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: Pencil’s magical ability is very special but is also limited in terms of how much of it she can use at a time. Magic can take quite a lot of energy out of her if she isn’t careful.
  • DESCRIPTION AND/OR REFIMAGE: 
    https://www.deviantart.com/explosionmare/art/MLP-Pencil-Pouch-Raised-Hoof-Pose-OC-755939067
  • Brohoof 1

Name:Forest Gum.

Species:Earth Pony

Abilities/Talents:He is very strong despite of his normal-looking body, he masters all kinds of martial arts and can comunicate with mother nature through use of his earth pony magic, that includes controling wild animals and acceleration of the growing process of small plants. He knows eveeything involved with mother nature and farming.

Personality: He is friendly, very calmed even in the direst of situations, he is devoted to his beliefs of the main target of earth ponies, to be strong and more connected to mother nature, he is also intelligent and thinks before acting.

Important information: while he is very strong, that doesn't stops him from being injured by certain things like fire or lava, he has been alone for quite some time so he has difficulties when it comes to working with other people and tends to act like a leader.

My avatar is him and I don't have a pic of his cutie mark yet. 

Here we go!

Name: Chomper

Race/Species: Land Shark

Skills: Playing the lute {passably}, singing {poorly}, songwriting {good, but underutilized}, chasing things down {very good at}, being scary {good, but usually accidentally}.

Appearance: Kind of a middle ground between this guy and these guys. Has the fins and tail but somewhat less pudgy build than the klugetowner reference with the landsharks' color scheme.

Background: Originally from Klugetown, he left some time ago and decided to wander in search of his craft. Technically he may or may not have been in some significant debt to a shady individual or two, but after the first half dozen debt collectors, everybody agreed it wasn't really something worth mentioning anymore. Regardless, he got sick of the town and left soon after, trying to ply his trade as a traveling entertainer, but between his appearance and inexperience, rarely found work in that particular area.

Edited by Quinch