Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

21 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

That's good to know. My OC is just like me, so he loves hugs. *hugs*

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Windy Breeze ☁️ ☁️ ☁️ said:

@Kronos the Revenant Shadow will be following your OC. You'll either let her follow Kronos to the 'hotel' or caught her stalking him. 

6 hours ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

@Windy Breeze ☁️ ☁️ ☁️

If you should know, the hotel we are going to is the hotel of one of the mayors who’s office is on the top floor. 

I have no problem with Shadow joining the two of them as they go to see the mayor. It won't matter that much. You'll understand why when we get to that part of the RP. :fluttershy:

On 5/28/2020 at 4:53 AM, Samurai Equine 🔥🔥 said:

You're fine. *Hugs* :BrightMacContent: My OC might not be much of a hugger (right now), but I am.

Dynamo is correct. It is illegal to attack racers directly, and this race was never meant to be a "Mario Kart" style race. (Seriously, where are the magic item boxes coming from? Did Dynamo's magic make that happen without even thinking about it? :blink:)

I have nothing against any of this, though. But I will say, this has been a learning experience for me.

In my head, I wanted this race to be a bit more realistic, and let people choose a custom arsenal for their karts. Basically, whatever they wanted, or however they wanted to express themselves (which is why I modeled Samurai's kart after the Mach 5, that one doesn't need any magical pick-up items). And just like a more realistic kart race, attacking a racer directly would cause real damage and put them in real danger.
But now I see the Mario Kart style of kart racing is very popular and well known. It's what everyone likes, so... Next time, if I ever make another role play involving a race, I'll just do that instead. And instead of making it illegal to attack racers, I'll just implement a health bar system or something. Maybe borrow more cues from the Mario Kart games. I've never played them myself, but I've seen a few Lets Plays, and I could easily take the time to read a few Wiki articles about the games. :squee:
Again, sorry if I didn't format the race to be like that from the start. I'm learning. I guess I just assumed everyone saw the episode "The Cart Before the Ponies". ^_^

I think the realistic racing sounds better. I think at one point somepony mentioned a Mario power-up so I just assumed everyone was using them. I’ll keep what you said in mind for future posts about the race, though.

5 hours ago, Samurai Equine 🔥🔥 said:

giphy.gif

:yay: If you are offering hugs, then I can't just refuse said hug. 

22f18a4d67c167f87cf791751d865f8a.gif

@Astral Vision @ExplosionMare

Also, I'm sorry if my responses are slow. I was finishing up some things and went to respond, but I guess everyone kind of beat me to it. :ButtercupLaugh: I'm really sorry if my response sounds irrelevant. 

26 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

:yay: If you are offering hugs, then I can't just refuse said hug. 

22f18a4d67c167f87cf791751d865f8a.gif

@Astral Vision @ExplosionMare

Also, I'm sorry if my responses are slow. I was finishing up some things and went to respond, but I guess everyone kind of beat me to it. :ButtercupLaugh: I'm really sorry if my response sounds irrelevant. 

That’s ok, some of mine are probably slow too since I took a break from the forums yesterday

13 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

Sorry if my posts are lacking or low energy, im not in a very good place lately 

*Hugs* It's fine. You know, if you need to take a break from the RP, you can. Your health and well being should always come first. :rarity:

2 minutes ago, CameoShadowness said:

oof, seems too late to join. There is so much to read here alone. 

It's never too late! :kirin: I can give you a quick run-down of all you missed, if you're interested in joining.
There's always room for more!

16 hours ago, Samurai Equine 🔥🔥 said:

It's never too late! :kirin: I can give you a quick run-down of all you missed, if you're interested in joining.
There's always room for more!

:pistachio:Yes please! I would love to if you're really still open. I do have a few OCs but might make one just for this. You did say you take non ponies right? So a breezie wouldn't be a bad addition? If not, I got 2 dragons and a pony just in case. XP

(edited)
6 hours ago, CameoShadowness said:

:pistachio:Yes please! I would love to if you're really still open. I do have a few OCs but might make one just for this. You did say you take non ponies right? So a breezie wouldn't be a bad addition? If not, I got 2 dragons and a pony just in case. XP

A breezie would be cool! :kirin: Non-pony OCs are always welcome.

As for a rundown of the RP so far:

• Friendshire is a town that has been long since forgotten for the longest time; it's citizens feeling hopeless and the two mayors that governed the town are separated.
  • My main OC, Samurai Equine, has been trying to fix the town by using a magic puzzle box, the Laronde Box. Each time he gets closer to solving it, the box shows him a new activity for the town to perform, activities that bring new life and energy to Friendshire. Also, there's a book that tells more about the mayors, but most of the pages are missing.
  • Day 1 was all about welcoming new citizens to the town, but that doesn't mean more cannot come in later.
  • Day 2 was a talent show, we also saw a glimpse of the story behind @Windy Breeze ☁️ ☁️ ☁️'s OC Shadow Trail. We also learned my other OC, Trilby Hatter, works for one of the mayors.
  • Day 3 was just a lounging-around day. Major events included Samurai taking care of the town, @Kronos the Revenant's OC being hired by the other mayor, and some fun at the local video game arcade which is run by @Dynamo Pad's OC.
  • Day 4, which we are currently at, is all about a Kart Race. The racers are in the 2nd Lap, about to head into the final lap. We have a newcomer, @Buck Testa's OC Boulder Dash who is currently being tended to in the local hospital. It was revealed that a shinobi from Samurai's past tried to invade the town, but was defeated. And @Astral Vision's OC found another page in the book!

That's the big picture, minus a bunch of small details and some things that won't pan out til later. You really haven't interrupted much. :)

4 hours ago, CameoShadowness said:

Okay, I made the Breezie but it says that my character has to be approved my a moderator first. I don't know how long that can take so Idk how long it'll be until I can jump in.

You really don't need to make character pages anymore, as far as I can tell. I have a form you can fill out.
Just go to Page 1 of this thread, copy & paste the character form, fill it out with all the details, and post it here. ^_^ You can be as many characters as you want to be, or as many as you feel like you can handle. Just be sure to read the rules and everything, and once I approve your character, you should be good to go.
Also, we have a bunch of random citizen NPC's. Everyone is allowed to play as an NPC at anytime, if they need to, as long as these characters are made for the sake of pushing the story along and not really treated like a main character or anything.

Edited by Samurai Equine 🔥🔥

(edited)

I'd like to join.  I don't know how much I'll be able to do, but I'd like to try.

My OC:

NAME:  Bluebell A. Shrub

SPECIES: unicorn

OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB:  Canterlot royal cultural historian

ABILITIES/TALENTS:  A good writer and observer, can notice details that others might overlook.

PERSONALITY: courtly, kind, brave... and clumsy

ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION:

She has a chronic stutter when she speaks.

Bluebell is a very poor user of magic. Her magic is quite powerful, but unwieldy.  She would rather use her hooves to pick up a cup of tea. In rare life-or-death situations, she will reluctantly resort to magic, and then it becomes a force to be reckoned with.

DESCRIPTION AND/OR REF IMAGE:

562359727_bluebellcutiemarkhires(3).thumb.png.ef589b8549ffbfd04ac50b393b6108f1.png

Edited by Ragland Tiger
update
  • Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Samurai Equine 🔥🔥 said:

You really don't need to make character pages anymore, as far as I can tell. I have a form you can fill out.
Just go to Page 1 of this thread, copy & paste the character form, fill it out with all the details, and post it here. ^_^ You can be as many characters as you want to be, or as many as you feel like you can handle. Just be sure to read the rules and everything, and once I approve your character, you should be good to go.
Also, we have a bunch of random citizen NPC's. Everyone is allowed to play as an NPC at anytime, if they need to, as long as these characters are made for the sake of pushing the story along and not really treated like a main character or anything.

Oh snap, I didn't know. I thought you'd still have to use it.

• NAME: Beryl
  • SPECIES: Breezie
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Librarian (forced pollen collector)
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: Like other Breezies, her intenea can glow. She can make paper and ink herself from berries and plants.
  • PERSONALITY: She is very quiet and calm but can be snarky when annoyed. She hates confrontation and fights in general so she does her best to avoid them- often reluctantly agreeing to do things she wouldn't if it means no arguing. She is very passive and wouldn't even fight for herself.
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: She knows the Breezie Language (like all breezis) and often will switch between it and pony-lang if she talks more than she's comfortable with. (I actually have a little code thingy I might share if this is okay to have in the rp.)
    Backstory: Back home she simply worked the library but after a shortage of staff in the pollen department, she was thrown in. A squirrel chased her away from the others and she's been lost since.
  • DESCRIPTION AND/OR REF IMAGE: (btw no tail at all.)

Beryl.png

1 hour ago, Ragland Tiger said:

NAME:  Bluebell A. Shrub

Hey, Ragland! Didn't expect to see you here! :kirin: Also...

52 minutes ago, CameoShadowness said:

NAME: Beryl

You've both been added! Feel free to join in any time. :squee:
We really could use someone to run the Friendshire library, and a cultural historian would be nice to have as well.
And I have to ask you both... Do you have any suggestions for future RP activities? We have a list of them on page one, and they are picked/announced in the RP randomly. But if there's any awesome activities or events you'd like to suggest, I wouldn't mind adding that in there too.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Samurai Equine 🔥🔥 said:

We really could use someone to run the Friendshire library, and a cultural historian would be nice to have as well.
 And I have to ask you both... Do you have any suggestions for future RP activities? We have a list of them on page one, and they are picked/announced in the RP randomly. But if there's any awesome activities or events you'd like to suggest, I wouldn't mind adding that in there too.

Aayyy, Be glad to help out soon. Beryl would love taking over that place.

The one thing I like is fiction in fiction so it'll be cool to have a a book club or game night where folks get to chill. I also think having something like a light festival would be epic but that is a weird on to cover.

12 hours ago, Samurai Equine 🔥🔥 said:

A breezie would be cool! :kirin: Non-pony OCs are always welcome.

As for a rundown of the RP so far:

• Friendshire is a town that has been long since forgotten for the longest time; it's citizens feeling hopeless and the two mayors that governed the town are separated.
  • My main OC, Samurai Equine, has been trying to fix the town by using a magic puzzle box, the Laronde Box. Each time he gets closer to solving it, the box shows him a new activity for the town to perform, activities that bring new life and energy to Friendshire. Also, there's a book that tells more about the mayors, but most of the pages are missing.
  • Day 1 was all about welcoming new citizens to the town, but that doesn't mean more cannot come in later.
  • Day 2 was a talent show, we also saw a glimpse of the story behind @Windy Breeze ☁️ ☁️ ☁️'s OC Shadow Trail. We also learned my other OC, Trilby Hatter, works for one of the mayors.
  • Day 3 was just a lounging-around day. Major events included Samurai taking care of the town, @Kronos the Revenant's OC being hired by the other mayor, and some fun at the local video game arcade which is run by @Dynamo Pad's OC.
  • Day 4, which we are currently at, is all about a Kart Race. The racers are in the 2nd Lap, about to head into the final lap. We have a newcomer, @Buck Testa's OC Boulder Dash who is currently being tended to in the local hospital. It was revealed that a shinobi from Samurai's past tried to invade the town, but was defeated. And @Astral Vision's OC found another page in the book!

That's the big picture, minus a bunch of small details and some things that won't pan out til later. You really haven't interrupted much. :)

@Samurai Equine 🔥🔥 @Pastel Heart @CameoShadowness @Ragland Tiger

Don't forget the time time Astral turned invisible and pulled that ghost prank on Pastel, which was 'totally' an important plot point.

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger You're fine! ♡ this will make my next post fun~ I'm just waiting for  others and then I'll respond 

@CameoShadowness You just gotta extend your post a bit, the RP section has a hidden maximum character requirement to prevent spam RP, I think. It's done that to me before. Just flesh it out a bit with some pretty stuff, like how your character looks or feels in that particular moment, or an expression they're making or similar 

@Samurai Equine 🔥🔥 My living circumstances have become uncertain and unpredictable, so if for any reason I disappear due to unforseen circumstances, I'll leave control of Pastel to @Dynamo Pad (if he's okay with it) and Milenko to you. I'm not going anywhere yet and I definitely hope things dont go south on my end but if they do this is just an emergancy forewarning, no need for alarm. ♡ Much love to everypony who is making this the best RP I've ever been apart of and especially to Dyny who's been my light  through out these trying times! Here's to many happy memories~!

• Brohoof 1