Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

3 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad

Pastel looked at Dyny and towards the vehicle with a somewhat annoyed expression. This thing is so out of place with the setting that she would rather blow it up than ride in it. He makes so many out of nothing that he could open a dealership, but if Dynamo insisted...

"Well, if it's all the same to you my co-conspirator! Though I'd rather ride in something less... OP."

@Pastel Heart @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo took notice of the annoyed expression upon Pastel's face. He frowned with a somewhat fearful expression. He hoped he hadn't said anything wrong. "I mean, if you have any suggestions, then I'm always up to try anything." Hearing her remark about the vehicle, he had to nod in agreement. "I can see what you mean. I'm surprised this humvee can fit in this level. I'm not sure if this is a dome like bio, or just a giant jungle." He says, looking back at the vehicle. "Hey, Thundy! Is there a spot in the back of the vehicle? You know, something like a back of the humvee/truck to keep lookout? This way, if Pastel and I see something, then we can just jump out and make a sneak attack." He would say, trying to figure out a plan with the pink rogue.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart 

"I got it..." Thundy said as he gathered some electricity and let it out on the humvee. It began to morph into something different, smaller...taking up less space. By time the transformation was complete, the humvee had morphed into a small safari/military jeep. It had four seats, a mounted machine gun and a small truck bed for somepony to sit securely in the rear of the cab. "She may be smaller, but she can get us through this level." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze @GeneralDirection

Pencil smiled at Shadow.

“Thanks Shadow!” she replied. “You know, if you want your own creature, I’d be happy to make one for you. You can make a request or I can just make something random, it’s up to you,” Pencil added.

Pencil’s bear growled in a whiny tone. The hippo, after finally tiring itself from spinning, snorted impatiently at having nothing else to do. They were both extremely bored and desperate to move on to Level 2. Pencil was right there with them. To occupy them for the time being, she looked for something in her surroundings for them to play with. She found a small stick on the ground and levitated it with her magic.

“Hey guys, wanna play with the stick?” Pencil asked in a cutesy voice. She threw the stick and waited for them to go over and retrieve it. The bear rolled its eyes, but the hippo happily bounded over to where the stick was thrown. It slowly picked the stick up with its large tongue and brought it back to Pencil.

“Good hippo!” Pencil cheered, patting its head affectionately. She threw the stick again and clapped her hooves playfully.

“Hey, Silver!” she called out, suddenly remembering something. “If the hippo is a bit too much for you right now, you don’t have to keep riding it. While we’re still waiting, you can come and sit with us if you want,”

Edited by ExplosionMare
Added GeneralDirection

@Dynamo Pad
@C. Thunder Dash

Pastel was bewildered and decided it was best for her sanity to turn her brain off for now and just follow along with Dynamo. So much for a the scenic route. She at least got to have a quiet moment with Dynamo. She ignored the immersion breaking transformation.

"Haha... Dyn-- I mean, co-conspirator, shall we board this... Contraption?"

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @GeneralDirection @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

Shadow smiled for Pencil's offer to create a creature for her. She began to think what animal she wants Pencil to draw. Something came to her mind even though it wouldn't help them, but atleast she could atleast pet something in her spare time before practicing.

“Can you draw a zebra, please? I'm always curious about them but I've never see one personally”

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart 

"I got it..." Thundy said as he gathered some electricity and let it out on the humvee. It began to morph into something different, smaller...taking up less space. By time the transformation was complete, the humvee had morphed into a small safari/military jeep. It had four seats, a mounted machine gun and a small truck bed for somepony to sit securely in the rear of the cab. "She may be smaller, but she can get us through this level." Thundy stated. 

Dynamo could only watch as Thundy took his earlier words into consideration. The humvee soon morphed into a safari/military jeep, while having weaponry and a small truck bed. His jaw dropped, before having a deadpanned expression upon his face. "O...kay. Well, that just happened. I mean, are we playing a video game, or are we having Transformers in this situation?" He asks, dodging more of the rats that were still trying to attack the group.

3 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad
@C. Thunder Dash

Pastel was bewildered and decided it was best for her sanity to turn her brain off for now and just follow along with Dynamo. So much for a the scenic route. She at least got to have a quiet moment with Dynamo. She ignored the immersion breaking transformation.

"Haha... Dyn-- I mean, co-conspirator, shall we board this... Contraption?"

Dynamo looked over to Pastel, before nodding with a chuckle. "I guess we shall, my dear ninja. At the very least, you can try and take some target practice if you so desire." He says, remembering the mounted machine gun on the jeep.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad, @Pastel Heart@C. Thunder Dash@CameoShadowness

In Level 2,
Trilby was surprised when the vehicle changes shape to something a bit more level-appropriate. "...Let's just hope no dinosaurs chase us while we're in this thing." Trilby says, referencing a popular movie.

Still, he leans out and talks to Dynamo and Pastel. "Hey you too! Hurry up and get inside this thing! We won't get to the boss just standing here playing Whack-a-Rat all day! Besides, if you get in. Besides, if we beat this game fast enough, we'll go to a nice coffee shop or something. My treat! But one treat per creature. I'm not made of money." Trilby says.

@ExplosionMare. @Windy Breeze, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection

Waiting outside,
Elusive can't believe what Pencil just said. "W-waiting?! We're not suppose to be waiting! I thought we were trying to get to that bonus level in the sky. Tree Song is waiting for us up there!"
She lets off an annoyed little sigh. "Come on, Elusive, think! You mastered being a gang leader, you can do this too..."

Then she gets an idea. "I know! When in doubt, always reach out. Okay then Ms. Pencil, Ms. Shadow, Mr. Silver, and Ms. Chelsea. Please wait here while I get us all a starting point. I saw it back in the city. It may take some convincing, but I think I can get it done." Elusive summons her motorcycle again and rides off into the distance.

Where might she be going in a hurry?

@Kronos the Revenant

(Haven't forgotten about you, buddy. Just waiting to see what Pastel Heart wants to about Milenko now that she's back in the RP.)

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

In Level 2,
Trilby was surprised when the vehicle changes shape to something a bit more level-appropriate. "...Let's just hope no dinosaurs chase us while we're in this thing." Trilby says, referencing a popular movie.

Still, he leans out and talks to Dynamo and Pastel. "Hey you too! Hurry up and get inside this thing! We won't get to the boss just standing here playing Whack-a-Rat all day! Besides, if you get in. Besides, if we beat this game fast enough, we'll go to a nice coffee shop or something. My treat! But one treat per creature. I'm not made of money." Trilby says.

“Well, we are in a jungle, after all. If we aren’t careful, then we’d really be in Jurassic Park.” Dynamo responded, further adding onto his response by whistling the Jurassic Park theme. While he was being mostly serious, he was joking to help give Pastel a laugh. He soon nodded as he made his way to the truck bed in the back of the Jeep. “You don’t need to tell me twice. I can keep a look out for power ups for everyone. That, or I can use my magic to take out some pesky targets.” He would say, liking the idea of being treated to a coffee shop with treats. “You’ve got a deal, Trilby! Maybe once we beat this game, we can all enjoy a peaceful day.”

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze

Pencil felt a bit dumb, having forgotten Level 2 was in the sky. She really needed to hurry up and and draw the rest of the wings. She quickly spun her brush around and slammed it into the ground. She created a variety of different sized ovals and connected them all together. Once she was finished, she sent the first pair over to the hippo, who was a little intimidated first. Once the wings landed on its back, bounced around and fluttered about excitedly.

Next, Pencil aimed the brush at the ground again and made a multitude of sharp points. Around those points, she colored in free space with light greys. She then worked on creating coarse brush strokes that somehow stood up straight and bent in a small curve at the same time. Once she finished off with some facial features, Pencil stood back and waited for the light poking out of the ground to fade.

Before her was a zebra, decorated with a jagged stripe pattern that looked both chaotic and symmetrical all at once. The zebra had a short Mohawk that ran down the back of its neck. Its magenta eyes gleamed in the artificial sunlight of the virtual world. The bottom of its hooves were dark black, a contrast to its lighter stripes.

The zebra trotted towards Shadow at Pencil’s command, curiously observing the Pegasus. Once it had seen what it wanted to see, it absentmindedly nibbled on the grass, swishing its short tail back and forth. While it was placated, Pencil hurriedly drew wings for the zebra as well, not wanting to leave any creature out.

The zebra was perplexed, but not utterly baffled. It flapped its wings to test their strength. When the zebra was comfortable, it hovered in the air for a moment. It immediately went back down to nibble on the grass some more.

“I think we have to call it a pega-zebra now!” Pencil giggled.

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart @Samurai Equine

"This jeep may be smaller, but it's very nimble and can go pretty fast if I needed to. He then heard Dynamo whistling the Jurassic Park theme. "Heck it's been forever since I've seen the Jurassic Park movies. Of course, it's sequel series Jurassic World has taken more priority. Anyway, let's get a move on everyone." Thundy said starting up his jeep. The twin turbo 900hp 4.5 litre V8 roared to life loudly. Thundy summoned a few calvary men who rode on velociraptors to run alongside the group. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
@Samurai Equine
@C. Thunder Dash

Pastel lounged back in her seat for now. Upon hearing "target practice" from Dynamo, she whipped out a dagger and tossed it... It barely missed Trilbys head and plants itself into the seat behind him.

"Nailed it~"

Or so she says.

--------

@Kronos the Revenant

Seeing Kronos all serious just made the strangely dressed dragon laugh. This was a match made in some kind of hell.

"Haha! You should take a load off, old friend! This is the world's most popular game show, The Jokers Wild! And on the Jokers Wild we give away fabulous prizes! But also a chance at death... Unfortunately, you must be this heroic to play this game!"

Out of nowhere, a picture of a generic looking paladin appears with a poof of Milenko's cane. Whatever has gotten into the usually calm dragon, seems like he's not himself and has been consumed by his role.

Edited by Pastel Heart
  • Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze

"Those are quite impressive..." Chelsea said as she looked at the animals that Pencil had drawn. "I have something similar I could do..." Chelsea said as she gathered some water energy and formed a water dragon hybrid that could travel on land and sea. Chelsea also formed a trident and held it in her talon. 

Edited by C. Thunder Dash

@Pastel Heart

Kronos’ facial hologram projector gave that angry anime vein effect that was made clearly visible to the strange dragon. 

“Then WHY THE HELL ARE YOU HERE!?” Kronos asked with an annoyed tone, “Look, if you’re looking for heroes, they’re in the Jungle level, Level 2. Otherwise, if you have no other business here, get out or I’ll launch you out of my ejection cannon reserved for unwanted NPCs in my territory, aka, YOU.”

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
  • Brohoof 1

On 10/3/2020 at 5:26 PM, Samurai Equine said:

At the abandoned castle,
Tempest was a bit beside herself after being pushed out of the way. All of that happened rather suddenly! "Well, this is new... I'm not used to being saved. I have plenty of these shadow tentacles to spare, so I probably could have defended myself, but still..." She pulls Bluebell into a hug. "For once, you're my hero." After that, they proceed a little more cautiously. "This castle will be the perfect place to set up our level. It'll have lots of hazards for the heroes to overcome." As they travel into the castle, they find out is has many things. An active metal forge with molten lava pits, rooms with traps in them, and best of all (for Tempest at least)... A dungeon!

@Samurai Equine

In the castle ruins, Bluebell was busily helping Tempest make preparations.  She Sowed tempest how she rigged the foyer with hidden cross bows and dart guns, so that when the opposing players enter, they would be attacked by arrows and darts from all directions.  "I hope-hope it meets with y-your ap-ap-approval," she said.

She then smiled and headed for a small table with what was left of a vanity mirror atop of it.  She took off her cloak and hung it on the back of the rickety chair. She sat down in front of the small remnant of the mirror she could see herself in.  She took off her gloves and glasses, and gently laid them on the table.  She then reached around pulled her hair to the front of her shoulder.  She separated her hair into three strands and started to braid it.

"It's s-s-s-strange.  I've-I've traveled all over Eque-Equestria and beyond recording cultures, st-studying histories.  I-I-I've only been in this-this town a sh-short time, and this is the fir-fir-first time s-since I was a little f-f-f-filly that I've felt ho-homesick."  She picked up a piece of string from the table, and tied the end of the braid.  "I g-g-guess I take always ha-ha-having place to go b-back to for granted.  S-some of the p-ponies here aren't so l-l-lucky.  Can this ever be a pl-pl-pl-place where everyone is tr-truly free, or is this just a j-j-jail for the disowned, whose only crime is -- w-well, being themselves?"

Bluebell then shook herself.  "Oh, l-l-l-listen to me-me, c-carrying on!", she said, putting her cloak, gloves, and glasses back on.  "Is it okay-okay w-w-with you if I-I-I go back up to the-the ridge? I saw a f-few things that I-I could make into long range weapons.  It may not st-stop them, but I th-th-think I can wear them d-down some.  What do you think?"

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Pencil nodded at Shadow’s request.

“Absolutely! Just be careful not to sit on its wings. And while the pegabra or whatever we’re calling it looks calm now, it could get excited at any point. So if it does get out of hoof, you just let me know!” she explained to Shadow.

She commanded the pegabra to kneel and it did so accordingly. It also nibbled on the grass again, its hunger still unsatisfied. The pegabra was going to get fat soon the way it was eating. Pencil wasn’t sure if that was normal or this creature was just really hungry. She hoped its grazing wouldn’t interfere with Level 2. The pegabra would probably be fine, but she would have to check up on it later.

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil turned towards Chelsea and smiled at the compliment she gave. She was glad someone enjoyed her random creations. Chelsea then decided to make one of her own, which Pencil was immediately impressed by. It was a dragon that, from the looks of it, could either go underwater or stay on land. She could tell by the small gills that were barely visible on its neck.

“That looks great, Chelsea!” Pencil cheered. “I like all the details you put into this creature. It was smart to make it an amphibian dragon, too! It could follow you in the air or underwater if it wanted to,” 

@C. Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare

Shadow gasped at the sight of the water dragon Chelsea had made “Splendid!” she complimented as she examined the creature's body from top to bottom “This is like it came straight out of a novel!” she took notice of the trident grasped by the talkns of its creator. She smirked at Chelsea “You are just missing a cape, an armor, and fish tail to look like the ruler of the seas!” throughout saying this, she stood by the zebrasus.

In Level 2,
Trilby feels a cold chill run down his back, but he doesn't quite know why...

However, he doesn't have to think long about it. Because as soon as Thundy starts driving, it isn't long before the jungle starts to clear up a little and become less dense. "Hmm... It's calm, yet why do I not feel relaxed?" Trilby comments. But his question is quickly answered. For in the trees and atop the cliffs, dark archers appear and begin firing arrows at Thundy's vehicle. "AAAAHHH!!!!! I KNEW IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!" But while he panics and fails in response to the storm of arrows, he quickly pulls out his bladed staff and takes aim. "Laser Beam! Laser Beam! Laser Beam!!" Indeed with his enchanted weapon, he is able to shoot beams of energy at the random archers. He is not very accurate, but when they hit, the enemies go down. Like the rats, they are easy to dispense with. ... But he probably doesn't need to yell 'laser beam' like some kind of Larper.

As Daring Decor sits back at the end of the level, he grunts to himself. "I can sense my archers falling. The heroes are in the run, but they are getting closer..."

Waiting outside,
Just as fast as she left, Elusive Facts returns. This time... She brought a flying train with her! It's the same train from the high tech city they were in previously.

It moves through the air like some kind of flying snake before it lowers down and comes to a stop next to all of them. The doors open up, and we see Elusive Facts inside. "Ready, champions? It wasn't easy convincing the conductor to do this, but... This train will give us the boost we need! It won't be able to reach all the way up to the bonus level, but it will get us half way there! So if you all have a means of flying, then we can use this train as a jumping-off point. Kind of like one big trampoline, except we won't come down, just go all the way up!" Elusive Facts offers.

@Ragland Tiger

In the castle ruins
Tempest doesn't quite know what to say to that. Instead, she just pats her shoulder caringly. "Sure, but don't take too long. I don't know how far the heroic characters are, but we don't want them to catch us unprepared for their arrival."

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

"This jeep may be smaller, but it's very nimble and can go pretty fast if I needed to. He then heard Dynamo whistling the Jurassic Park theme. "Heck it's been forever since I've seen the Jurassic Park movies. Of course, it's sequel series Jurassic World has taken more priority. Anyway, let's get a move on everyone." Thundy said starting up his jeep. The twin turbo 900hp 4.5 litre V8 roared to life loudly. Thundy summoned a few calvary men who rode on velociraptors to run alongside the group. 

"To be fair, I've only seen the earlier movies. I'm not a big fan, but the theme just gets stuck in your head." He says, before hearing the jeep roared to life loudly. Hearing this, Dynamo gave the griffon a deadpanned expression. "Do you think you could be a little more quiet in terms of the engine? You wouldn't want to cause the enemies or the boss to be aware of our presence, you know?" He asks, taking note of the cavalry men that rode on velociraptors. "Huh. Well, I guess it fits with the description we were discussing earlier."

11 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad
@Samurai Equine
@C. Thunder Dash

Pastel lounged back in her seat for now. Upon hearing "target practice" from Dynamo, she whipped out a dagger and tossed it... It barely missed Trilbys head and plants itself into the seat behind him.

"Nailed it~"

Or so she says.

Dynamo could only blink as Pastel had taken a dagger and tossed it. He turned his head around in multiple directions, before seeing it land behind Trilby's seat as it barely missed him. "Not too bad of a throw, Pastel-chan. Granted, we are in a moving vehicle, so the whole trajectory and such is a bit difficult. Even so, that was still a pretty good attempt." He says, holding up his hoof to her in the equivalent of a thumb's up.

1 hour ago, Samurai Equine said:

In Level 2,
Trilby feels a cold chill run down his back, but he doesn't quite know why...

However, he doesn't have to think long about it. Because as soon as Thundy starts driving, it isn't long before the jungle starts to clear up a little and become less dense. "Hmm... It's calm, yet why do I not feel relaxed?" Trilby comments. But his question is quickly answered. For in the trees and atop the cliffs, dark archers appear and begin firing arrows at Thundy's vehicle. "AAAAHHH!!!!! I KNEW IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!" But while he panics and fails in response to the storm of arrows, he quickly pulls out his bladed staff and takes aim. "Laser Beam! Laser Beam! Laser Beam!!" Indeed with his enchanted weapon, he is able to shoot beams of energy at the random archers. He is not very accurate, but when they hit, the enemies go down. Like the rats, they are easy to dispense with. ... But he probably doesn't need to yell 'laser beam' like some kind of Larper.

As Daring Decor sits back at the end of the level, he grunts to himself. "I can sense my archers falling. The heroes are in the run, but they are getting closer..."

The gaming unicorn's ears fell, while closing one eye as he heard Trilby's scream. "What!? What's wrong!?" He asks, before looking out the window to see archer's firing arrows at them and Trilby's car. "Oh, that's why." He simply stated, before moving his head back into the car, before looking back at Thundy. "Now do you see? Those archers may have been setting up when they heard the sound of your engine being revved up." He responded, while sending some fire blasts to deal with some of the archers. Some were difficult to hit due to the group being in the moving vehicle. The one's that he wasn't able to hit were taken out by Trilby's laser beam attack.

• Brohoof 1

Thundy gathered some electricity and adjusted the exhaust system to make it quieter. The engine continue to crank out 900hp. Thundy saw the archers. He then gathered some electricity and took control of the mounted machine gun. He was able to take out some of the archers. Thundy continued to drive. His calvary men also took out a few of the archers. "Hope that takes care of all of them..." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze @GeneralDirection

Pencil marveled at the flying train Elusive brought with her. It reminded her of something out of a children’s book. She really wanted to ride the train, but Pencil already created her own transportation. Now that Pencil thought about it, she was going to ride a flying bear, and that was pretty cool.

“Welp, I’m good, and so are Silver and Shadow! We’ll probably trail behind you though so we know where to go,” Pencil told Elusive.

Finally, she instructed her bear to fly. It flexed its wings in a showy manner and hunched down in preparation for takeoff. When it was ready, it launched into the air. Unfortunately for Pencil, the bear launched itself a little quicker than it meant to. Pencil’s breath was taken away for a moment and her mane was spread wildly across her face. Once the bear was able to steady itself, Pencil took a moment to readjust her mane and take a few breaths.

Shaking off the slight feeling of terror she experienced, Pencil patted the bear encouragingly for being able to lift itself off the ground. The bear growled pleasantly, appreciating the affection and the chance to finally do something. Repositioning itself at a ready stance, the bear faced the sky like it was facing its enemy. Pencil held the same fierce look in her eyes, feeling ready for anything.

In Level 2,
The concentrated attacks seem to be working, but the arrows are getting too close to comfort. More importantly, just ahead of the vehicle by few klicks is a mountainous area. It seems the heaviest number of archers are gathering there, firing their arrows all at once. Trilby stops his laser beam barrage in time to see what's just ahead of them. Before they can be completely showered in arrows, Trilby re-aims his staff and builds a force field around the front of the vehicle. He can't protect the entire thing, but this should do. "If there's that many up front, then they must not want us to go into the mountains. What do you think, Thundy?" Trilby asks.

However, while Dynamo is also holding his own, the game whispers to him yet again. "Don't climb the mountains... It's a trap~! ...Find the cave..."

Waiting outside,
Elusive feels like she did all this for nothing, and she can feel the conductor getting mad for bringing the train all the way out here. Everyone else is taking to the skies on their own, but Shadow seems interested. "Want to hop on? It'll save you some energy." Elusive asks her, the train getting ready to depart.

• Brohoof 3