Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@PawelS @Dynamo Pad

"Well, this is actually a new game. You see, a pony by the name of Dynamo Pad touched a virtual headset, and this town was enveloped in a shroud of magic. In the game, we have to defeat the dark side, and to do that, we have to complete levels and destroy bosses." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 2

On 9/28/2020 at 12:18 PM, C. Thunder Dash said:

@ExplosionMare @NeighingMare @Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @GeneralDirection @Pastel Heart @CameoShadowness 

"Alright, for those of you ready to head to level 2, hop on in." Thundy said looking at Pencil on the bear. Thundy started up the engine. The twin turbo diesel V8 engine roared to life loudly. "I may as well keep this vehicle on me for the upcoming levels. He said to himself. 

Thundy noticed Dynamo get a new ability. "Well, that will certainly come in handy." He stated as he waited for others who wanted a ride to level 2. There was still plenty of room in the back, even a place for someone who wanted to fire the turret. 

"You can say that again, Thundy." Dynamo responded as he looked towards the male griffon. "With how this game is all about using abilities with the roll of the dice. Even the tiniest bit of help will be necessary. So, a re-roll of the dice is always a plus, if you ask me." He would say, before contemplating on the option of taking a ride in Thundy's vehicle. "I might take you up on that offer, but if Elusive is using her motorcycle, then I might take a ride with her. It depends on who else is going alongside her."

On 9/29/2020 at 11:20 PM, Samurai Equine said:

Elusive Facts thinks for a second. "Ever since you recruited me, I am no longer in contact with the other bosses. I have no idea what they are up to. However, before I joined your team... I believe Daring Decor is the next boss. The character he chose was the Black Knight." She answers Dynamo's question.

Trilby gets in the side car on Elusive's bike. She allows anyone who wants to ride with her time to hop on the back of her motorcycle. Once everyone has picked a vehicle and is safely on board, she drives up next to Thundy's vehicle. "Let's all stay close together, that way we can all talk to each other while we get to Level 2."

Hearing Elusive's description of the second boss, Dynamo closed his eyes to think. After a moment, his eyes quickly open in realization. "Oh, I think I know who that is. That's the pony that Pastel and I faced in the kart competition the other day. I think he was the one that was all about selling furniture and sofa's to us." He would say, but he wasn't entirely sure on his assumption. "So, he's the Black Knight, huh? I guess that means he'll have strength in both offense and defense if he's wearing a suit of armor. So, it looks like we'll all have to be on guard." He would say, before jumping into the back seat of Elusive's bike. "I'm all for sticking together. Better to get to talk strategy, or if we need to inform anyone on any information."

On 9/30/2020 at 8:58 AM, PawelS said:

@Samurai Equine, @Pastel Heart, @ExplosionMare, @NeighingMare, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection, @Astral Vision

After checking the bonus level, Tree Song decided to quit fooling around and find the other players. She flies towards a city on the surface, where she senses their presence. She sees a group of them, riding various vehicles and creatures, and lands next to one of them.

On 9/30/2020 at 9:18 AM, NeighingMare said:

@C. Thunder Dash @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Astral Vision @Pastel Heart @GeneralDirection @Dynamo Pad 

Inside the Thundy's humvee, Shadow looks out the window and noticed a figure, flying towards them. She got off the humvee to wave at the approaching figure, which becomes clear that it's a pony, but the mysterious pegasus' wings look out of place. It looks like it was made out of metal.

When the cybernetic pegasus lands on the surface of the street(?), she back away a little, cautious of the stranger.

“Um, hello there, miss” Shadow said “uh...state your business, I think”

Dynamo raised an eyebrow in confusion at who Shadow was talking to. His question was soon answered as he saw a pony flying towards them. "You don't appear to be an NPC. Were you somehow trapped inside this game world, as well?" He asks, trying to figure out who this newcomer was all about.

15 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Pastel Heart, @ExplosionMare, @NeighingMare, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection, @PawelS@Astral Vision

Trilby makes sure to give Pencil a quick salute for helping Silver out.

Elusive Facts and Trilby were ready roll when the sudden appearance of an angelic-like pony appears.

"...Hello? You're not an NPC, are you? Please don't tell me Elusive Facts betrayed us and we're all dead right now." Trilby says, which earns an angry response from Elusive. "Hey! I'm not evil anymore. And besides, there's no friendly-fire in this game."

"I wouldn't go and say that Trilby." Dynamo responded, giving the cleric a deadpanned expression. He soon shook his head as he looked back towards the angelic pony. "From the way I see it, Elusive isn't like that anymore. Once we were given options, then that must mean she lost any or all evil intentions. Whether it's true or not, then I guess we'll never know. I trust Elusive though as she wouldn't just go and willingly help us, unless there was a reason or motive behind this. However, we'll need all the help we can get."

9 hours ago, PawelS said:

@Samurai Equine @NeighingMare @C. Thunder Dash

Tree Song sees a pony coming out of the vehicle, with aviator gear on. Looks like the other players also get cool outfits and accessories. I like this game - she thought. Others approach her as well, intrigued by her sudden appearance. She proceeds to greet them.

"Hello. I'm Tree Song. If you want to know why I'm here then well... there was that bright light, and I entered the town, and now I'm in the game. I got these wings, do you like them? I wish I had something like this in real life... Anyway, I'm supposed to guard a portal, but I got bored and I wanted to meet you guys, so I flew here. You're the players in this game, right? I hope I'm not interrupting anything, I have many questions but I don't want to slow you down if there's a time limit or something..."

Hearing the mare's name now known to be Tree Song, Dynamo nodded as she explained her situation to the group. "That's what happened to all of us. There was this bright light and we somehow got trapped within this game. We have to complete some levels in order to escape and go back home to the real world." He says, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "Wait a minute. You said you got these wings. Does that mean you aren't a pegasus pony?" He asks, wondering what kind of class Tree Song had chosen. "Guarding a portal, huh? Is it a portal that leads to one of the levels we are heading off towards? Maybe you could tag along with us in order to lead us to that portal? I don't believe there's a time limit, but it's better to not leave out any possibilities. We're just as lost as you are with so many questions, but knowing so little. By the way, my name is Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo. It's nice to meet you."

6 hours ago, PawelS said:

@C. Thunder Dash @NeighingMare

"Thank you, I love nature, and I'm learning to be a druid! Shadow Trail is a cool name too, it sounds so mysterious... I suppose I'll stay in this town for longer, so we'll get to know each other better. For now I'm curious about the game, do you know why it exists?"

3 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@PawelS @Dynamo Pad

"Well, this is actually a new game. You see, a pony by the name of Dynamo Pad touched a virtual headset, and this town was enveloped in a shroud of magic. In the game, we have to defeat the dark side, and to do that, we have to complete levels and destroy bosses." Thundy stated. 

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @GeneralDirection @NeighingMare @PawelS @Astral Vision @C. Thunder Dash

"A druid, huh? That's actually pretty interesting. I've played a druid class in a video game once. It's all about being in tune with nature and being able to transform into other animal spirits. However, I don't think the last part is true, but I could be wrong. I actually played a druid in a video game once. I was allowed to transform into other animals and take on their roles of either healing, support or offense." He explained, before narrowing his eyes and frowning at the male griffon. "You know you didn't have to say it like that, Thundy. It makes it sound like we're all in here because it's my fault. I didn't know the helmets would make something like this happen." He closed his eyes and sighed softly. Feeling hurt that it felt like he was put on the spot and/or being blamed.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @PawelS

"Ugh...sorry to make it sound like it was something bad Dynamo..." Thundy said as he waited for the others to get ready to head over to level 2. He heard the description of the second boss. "The Black Knight hm? Sounds interesting." He stated. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @NeighingMare @Samurai Equine

52 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Hearing the mare's name now known to be Tree Song, Dynamo nodded as she explained her situation to the group. "That's what happened to all of us. There was this bright light and we somehow got trapped within this game. We have to complete some levels in order to escape and go back home to the real world." He says, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "Wait a minute. You said you got these wings. Does that mean you aren't a pegasus pony?" He asks, wondering what kind of class Tree Song had chosen. "Guarding a portal, huh? Is it a portal that leads to one of the levels we are heading off towards? Maybe you could tag along with us in order to lead us to that portal? I don't believe there's a time limit, but it's better to not leave out any possibilities. We're just as lost as you are with so many questions, but knowing so little. By the way, my name is Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo. It's nice to meet you." 

"Nice to meet you too, Dynamo." A friendly smile appears on Tree Song's face. "I'm an earth pony." She stops talking for a moment, considering the possibilities. "As for the portal, it leads to one of the levels indeed, but there's a little problem: It's in the sky." She points her hoof at the floating city, barely visible in the distance. "So I don't think you can all go there, unless somehow you manage to use a form of aerial transportation. But maybe you can split the group, some of you will go wherever you're going now, and the ones that can fly will go to the portal with me. Although I'm supposed to guard it, so I don't think I can just let you in..."

52 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"A druid, huh? That's actually pretty interesting. I've played a druid class in a video game once. It's all about being in tune with nature and being able to transform into other animal spirits. However, I don't think the last part is true, but I could be wrong. I actually played a druid in a video game once. I was allowed to transform into other animals and take on their roles of either healing, support or offense." He explained, before narrowing his eyes and frowning at the male griffon. "You know you didn't have to say it like that, Thundy. It makes it sound like we're all in here because it's my fault. I didn't know the helmets would make something like this happen." He closed his eyes and sighed softly. Feeling hurt that it felt like he was put on the spot and/or being blamed. 

"Yes, druid magic is all about channeling the forces of nature through yourself. It's a common misconception that only unicorns and alicorns can use magic. Earth ponies have magic too, although different. This kind of magic is closer to the nature, and can be developed into druid's powers. My teacher can do many kinds of magic. I've never seen him transform into an animal though, but who knows, maybe he can do it too. He is very secretive, he doesn't even tell his name to anypony, me included. And he very rarely uses magic, he says that he doesn't want to leave traces for our enemies to see. I think he's a little paranoid about all this." Having finished the explanation, Tree Song addresses the entire group: "I'm happy I met you all. You seem like a nice bunch."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Pastel Heart, @ExplosionMare, @NeighingMare, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection, @PawelS@Astral Vision

"My, my. This is fascinating enough for a scoop! Hello, new comer. My name is Elusive Facts. Have you ever been interviewed?" Elusive Facts asks Tree Song.

Trilby gets out of the side car of her motorcycle and approaches her. "Nice to meet you, Tree Song! My name is Trilby Hatter, a cleric in this game. I am the defacto leader of this group. ...Not really, but I wish I was... I see you've met Shadow Trail, my marefriend. Is this really a portal to a main level, or to a side quest? If we need to get that high into the heavens, we'll find a way. But I can all ready sense the location of the next level, and it's here on the surface, just a distance away from here." Trilby asks.

"Did you say guard the portal? From what, us or the evil characters? Because it seems like you should be welcoming us, unless you're an evil-aligned character. Although... If you can't let us in that easily, you can accompany us while we do some of the other levels. Then you can decide if we're worthy or not. Sound agreeable?" Elusive Facts asks.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine

14 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

"My, my. This is fascinating enough for a scoop! Hello, new comer. My name is Elusive Facts. Have you ever been interviewed?" Elusive Facts asks Tree Song. 

"Hello, Elusive." Tree Song looks surprised by the question. "If you mean a job interview then yes, if you mean a press interview then no, but I think it would be fun! Are you a journalist?"

Trilby gets out of the side car of her motorcycle and approaches her. "Nice to meet you, Tree Song! My name is Trilby Hatter, a cleric in this game. I am the defacto leader of this group. ...Not really, but I wish I was... I see you've met Shadow Trail, my marefriend. Is this really a portal to a main level, or to a side quest? If we need to get that high into the heavens, we'll find a way. But I can all ready sense the location of the next level, and it's here on the surface, just a distance away from here." Trilby asks.

"Nice to meet you too, Trilby! My character description says it's a 'bonus level', whatever it means. I'm still new to the game, so I don't know if it's a good idea to go there and if so, when. So do what you think is best."

"Did you say guard the portal? From what, us or the evil characters? Because it seems like you should be welcoming us, unless you're an evil-aligned character. Although... If you can't let us in that easily, you can accompany us while we do some of the other levels. Then you can decide if we're worthy or not. Sound agreeable?" Elusive Facts asks.

"Don't worry, I will let you in, I just need to do something to feel that I'm fulfilling my role in the game properly." Tree Song takes a moment to think about the implications of what Elusive Facts said. "So you say there are evil characters in this game too? I have the ability to sense where the characters are, that's how I found you, and it seems there are some other ones too, but I didn't know they were evil. Are they evil in real life too, or just playing as evil in the game?"

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @PawelS

"Ugh...sorry to make it sound like it was something bad Dynamo..." Thundy said as he waited for the others to get ready to head over to level 2. He heard the description of the second boss. "The Black Knight hm? Sounds interesting." He stated. 

Dynamo still continued to frown as he heard Thundy's remark. 'You could have at least said it more nicely instead of stating what could be the obvious.' He thought, trying not to look anyone in the eyes directly. He glanced around briefly, but it didn't seem like everyone was staring or paying attention to him. He couldn't help, but allow a thought to be nagging at the back of his mind. 'Does everyone else think the same thing? Am I to blame for all of this?' As he continued to stay quiet, he hesitantly nodded as he didn't focus much on the male griffon's comment.

20 hours ago, PawelS said:

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @NeighingMare @Samurai Equine

"Nice to meet you too, Dynamo." A friendly smile appears on Tree Song's face. "I'm an earth pony." She stops talking for a moment, considering the possibilities. "As for the portal, it leads to one of the levels indeed, but there's a little problem: It's in the sky." She points her hoof at the floating city, barely visible in the distance. "So I don't think you can all go there, unless somehow you manage to use a form of aerial transportation. But maybe you can split the group, some of you will go wherever you're going now, and the ones that can fly will go to the portal with me. Although I'm supposed to guard it, so I don't think I can just let you in..."

"Yes, druid magic is all about channeling the forces of nature through yourself. It's a common misconception that only unicorns and alicorns can use magic. Earth ponies have magic too, although different. This kind of magic is closer to the nature, and can be developed into druid's powers. My teacher can do many kinds of magic. I've never seen him transform into an animal though, but who knows, maybe he can do it too. He is very secretive, he doesn't even tell his name to anypony, me included. And he very rarely uses magic, he says that he doesn't want to leave traces for our enemies to see. I think he's a little paranoid about all this." Having finished the explanation, Tree Song addresses the entire group: "I'm happy I met you all. You seem like a nice bunch."

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @PawelS @NeighingMare @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash @Astral Vision

He blinked as he was brought out of his thoughts by Tree Song's words. "Oh, so you're an earth pony. I wouldn't have known because of your wings, to be honest. They look cool, by the way. I thought I saw something that seemed angelic flying through the sky, but I didn't want to assume." He responded, his jaw dropping at the mention of a level in the sky. "In the sky!? I want to say I doubt it, but I guess I don't know much about this game. So, anything could be possible. Still, that's pretty crazy for a level to be in the sky. I guess you'd need a special key or equipment to fly in order to get there." He looked at her hoof, before following to where Tree was pointing towards. "I wish I knew how to use a flight spell, then it wouldn't be so difficult. I'm still learning magic, but it's not too difficult when playing this game. Almost as if it feels natural. I hope that doesn't mean we have to fight you in order to get to that level. You don't seem like an enemy or evil pony, but I guess looks can be deceiving."

The blue unicorn nodded as he was fascinated with the concept of druid magic. "Oh, trust me. I believe you when you said that it's not just unicorns and alicorns that can use magic. I think I remember learning in class that all beings and creatures have the ability to use magic. Sort of like dragons that can use the power of fire. Earth ponies have the magic to keep food fresh and help with the plants and such in the world. Along with Pegasi that have the magic to control the weather patterns. So, I can imagine that druid magic can be learned by just about anyone. I wish I could ask your teacher. He seems very knowledgeable from the way you've described him." He would say, tilting his head in confusion at the mention of enemies. "Did you run into anyone or did something happen for you to both have enemies? I hope everything is okay."

As he heard that the next level was a distance away from their location, Dynamo turned his attention over towards Trilby. "Do we have to go through the first level again to get closer to this level? If not, then I'm guessing there are different portals that are leading to specific levels. Do you happen to know where the portal would be located, Tribly?"

37 minutes ago, PawelS said:

"Don't worry, I will let you in, I just need to do something to feel that I'm fulfilling my role in the game properly." Tree Song takes a moment to think about the implications of what Elusive Facts said. "So you say there are evil characters in this game too? I have the ability to sense where the characters are, that's how I found you, and it seems there are some other ones too, but I didn't know they were evil. Are they evil in real life too, or just playing as evil in the game?"

"I wouldn't say that they were evil in real life." Dynamo responded, while hoping he wasn't interrupting. "From what I can tell, everyone that's here are pretty nice in the real world. I think they are just being evil as they are playing their roles." He explained, hoping to clear the air of any confusion.

• Brohoof 2

On 9/19/2020 at 11:00 PM, Samurai Equine said:

n the ancient ruins,
Tempest sees how much Bluebell is enjoying this environment much more. True, there is lush greenery, and some still-standing remains of castles and civilization. However, other castles and homes are toppled over, destroyed or in pieces. The skies seem perpetually gray and cloudy. There are hints of sun, but it's still a slightly less than welcoming place. Still, the sight of Bluebell using her in-game abilities was interesting! "Want to take it with us?" Tempest offers to raise and carry it with one of her shadow tentacles. She looks over at a caste, one that is half destroyed, half standing. "...I detect something in that castle. Treasures, a dungeon, a metal forge. I think this that castle is where I want to set up my own personally level that we can share. Shall we?" Seems being a video game character has made Tempest naturally inclined to where she wants be.

@Samurai Equine

"Um--sh-sure, l-l-lead the way," said Bluebell.  When they arrived at the castle, and entered the foyer, Bluebell said, "We m-m-might want to be caref-careful here.  We don't n-n-n-know-know how st-structurally sound this place is."  No sooner had she said this than she saw a large chunk of stone from the ceiling falling toward them.  "Look out!", Bluebell shouted, and shoved Tempest out of the way. In a split second she leapt, pulling the wrench out of her cloak and smacked the massive stone in mid air, shattering it to pieces.  After landing on the ground, she put the wrench back in her cloak and said, "Whew! Th-th-that was a cl-cl-close one! Are-are y-y-you okay?"

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

@Pastel Heart@ExplosionMare@NeighingMare@Dynamo Pad@C. Thunder Dash@GeneralDirection@PawelS@Astral Vision, @Samurai Equine

There was a static noise in the air, as well as some garbled speech. This went on for a few seconds until the voice became clear as crystal. 

“-s it finally working?” the voice asked, “Ah, it is. *ahem* Greetings champions of the King of Justice. I am Kronos, Juggernaut of the King of Darkness. Now, from what I have grasped from my king, our objectives here are all similar: eliminate the other team and defeat the others’ king. Seems like a simple premise. There’s just one little problem: you guys are alive. I’m not saying I’m scared or anything, but you might as well give up on your journey because I will ensure that there’s NO WAY you’ll make it to my king’s chambers. So, here’s my proposition: turn yourselves in and we’ll make sure your deaths are quick and clean. Refuse, and, well, I will crush you guys. Beneath my boots. And I will laugh. At you guys. Profusely. While your corpses are on fire. Okay, that’s all. Ciao.”

Kronos’ broadcast ends with an ironically comical farewell greeting of “Good luck, adventurers”.

@Kronos the Revenant @Pastel Heart @Dynamo Pad @NeighingMare @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @PawelS

Thundy revved his humvee loudly. "Let's get a move on everyone! We can't let this dark guy spew this trash from his mouth thinking we're a bunch of scarty-cats." Thundy stated as he waited for the others to head on to the next level. Thundy was ready to crush some baddies. 

Edited by C. Thunder Dash
  • Brohoof 2

@Kronos the Revenant

Pencil smirked, suppressing a loud chuckle as the rather bold announcer monologued. The speech sounded a lot more playful than what she was expecting. Granted, this was a game, but that didn’t make the monologue sound any less ridiculous. No way was Pencil going to back down, not when her journey had just begun! It was plain and simple: Her and her team were going to raid the opposing king’s castle and steal his treasure. She wouldn’t let any boss-ponies stand in the way of that! Before she regrouped, she responded to the announcer, even though he may not hear her.

“Yeah, right, like anyone’s gonna surrender that quickly! We’re a lot tougher than you think!”

@NeighingMare @Samurai Equine @GeneralDirection

Pencil waited for somepony to give out directions. She would be happy to lead Silver and his hippo, but she didn’t know quite where she was going yet. She listened in to the conversations that were taking place, edging up to her bear’s shoulders to hear better. There was talk of some kind of portal. Pencil scrunched her face in confusion as she did not remember seeing any portals. Either she forgot about one that she did see or a portal that she wasn’t aware of had recently opened up. While she waited for somepony to advance the team, she made idle conversation with Silver.

“You ready for level two? I’m hoping it’ll be a little less combat based than level one, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see,” she asked.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

@Pastel Heart, @ExplosionMare, @NeighingMare, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection, @PawelS@Astral Vision, @Kronos the Revenant

At the city hub world,
Elusive Facts does a sort-of bow and answers Tree Song's question. "That's correct. I'm the #1 news reporter for Friendshire Local News! At least outside of this game, I am. And our actual leader, Dynamo, put it best. The 'evil' characters aren't actually evil. They just chose to play as evil characters. For example, I was a boss character until these champions defeated and recruited me."

Trilby does his best to talk to both Tree Song and Dynamo at the same time. "Ah, I see. It's a bonus level. Meaning it's not important, but it's there if we're interested. Thanks for clarifying, Tree! Maybe we'll investigate it later." He answers Tree Song, then turns to Dynamo. "My powers are kind of limited. Think of me as a compass or a divining rod. I can point us in the general direction of the next level, but I don't know the exact locations." Trilby says.

However, the conversation seems to shift gears when they can hear the sudden transmission from Kronos.
"What the heck?! I thought this was a private line for heroes only! ...Why does this remind me of a fat guy that hates hedgehogs, or an evil guy that hates blue robots, or..." Trilby says, taken a back before listing off some video game villains he vaguely remembers. "Kronos?! We were on the same side, you stinky flank! And to think, I just stood up for you. Now you're going to make me look bad in front of our new arrival Tree Song here. Hmphf." Elusive says, huffing and kicking the ground in protest. She starts up her motorcycle again and lets anyone riding with her get on. "Are we going or what?! This game isn't going to beat itself!"

"Oh, okay. Let's get going, everybody! I guess. We gotta a game to beat!" Trilby hops back into the sidecar. "Tree Song, since you're some kind of angel character, you should be able to follow us by flying, correct?" Trilby asks.

Soon, the journey starts. Elusive rides her motorcycle and Trilby points the way, telling her when to turn and such. This is a much faster way to get there!

@Ragland Tiger

At the abandoned castle,
Tempest was a bit beside herself after being pushed out of the way. All of that happened rather suddenly! "Well, this is new... I'm not used to being saved. I have plenty of these shadow tentacles to spare, so I probably could have defended myself, but still..." She pulls Bluebell into a hug. "For once, you're my hero." After that, they proceed a little more cautiously. "This castle will be the perfect place to set up our level. It'll have lots of hazards for the heroes to overcome." As they travel into the castle, they find out is has many things. An active metal forge with molten lava pits, rooms with traps in them, and best of all (for Tempest at least)... A dungeon!

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 3

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @C. Thunder Dash @Samurai Equine

On 10/2/2020 at 10:40 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

The blue unicorn nodded as he was fascinated with the concept of druid magic. "Oh, trust me. I believe you when you said that it's not just unicorns and alicorns that can use magic. I think I remember learning in class that all beings and creatures have the ability to use magic. Sort of like dragons that can use the power of fire. Earth ponies have the magic to keep food fresh and help with the plants and such in the world. Along with Pegasi that have the magic to control the weather patterns. So, I can imagine that druid magic can be learned by just about anyone. I wish I could ask your teacher. He seems very knowledgeable from the way you've described him." He would say, tilting his head in confusion at the mention of enemies. "Did you run into anyone or did something happen for you to both have enemies? I hope everything is okay." 

"Nothing like that happened when we were traveling together, but he seems to have some old enemies from the time before he started teaching me. He doesn't talk much about it though. He is outside the town and is going to enter it when the game is over, so you will have a chance to talk to him. But don't expect him to share a lot of knowledge with you."

Suddenly, the transmission from Kronos starts. Tree Song looks terrified. "What was that??? One of those evil characters, right?" But when she sees that the other players aren't all that scared, she calms down and says: "OK, I guess I need to get used to these... Anyway, thank you for explaining things to me, now I know a lot more about this game, and I'm curious about this level you're headed to. As Trilby suggested, I will fly above you and watch you from the sky."

• Brohoof 1

@Kronos the Revenant @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash 

When she heard Kronos' 'threat', she was confused and horrified. How was he able to communicate with them? Is he already spying on them the entire time? This was bad but she couldn't do anything about it. She hoped the cyborg would not hinder their progress. As she is thinking about this, she went back to Thundy's humvee and took the same seat at the backseat. Things are going serious and if she had to face a boss, she must get ready and learn more of her abilities. She looked out the mirror not because she is watching the others go to their vehicles, but she's in deep thought.

When did Kronos start spying on us? He must have already seen all of our moves and all of our conversations. Everyone must take some caution. Or else...

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

@Pastel Heart@ExplosionMare@NeighingMare@Dynamo Pad@C. Thunder Dash@GeneralDirection@PawelS@Astral Vision, @Samurai Equine

There was a static noise in the air, as well as some garbled speech. This went on for a few seconds until the voice became clear as crystal. 

“-s it finally working?” the voice asked, “Ah, it is. *ahem* Greetings champions of the King of Justice. I am Kronos, Juggernaut of the King of Darkness. Now, from what I have grasped from my king, our objectives here are all similar: eliminate the other team and defeat the others’ king. Seems like a simple premise. There’s just one little problem: you guys are alive. I’m not saying I’m scared or anything, but you might as well give up on your journey because I will ensure that there’s NO WAY you’ll make it to my king’s chambers. So, here’s my proposition: turn yourselves in and we’ll make sure your deaths are quick and clean. Refuse, and, well, I will crush you guys. Beneath my boots. And I will laugh. At you guys. Profusely. While your corpses are on fire. Okay, that’s all. Ciao.”

Kronos’ broadcast ends with an ironically comical farewell greeting of “Good luck, adventurers”.

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare @Astral Vision @GeneralDirection @Samurai Equine @NeighingMare @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo's ears fell slightly as he heard the sound of static hanging in the air. He began to wonder what in Equestria was going on, until he was given an answer by a familiar voice. "Kronos!?" He exclaimed, wondering how Kronos was speaking to them, or even why he was contacting them in the first place. Hearing the problem Kronos had caused Dynamo to start sweating like he had been out in the rain. He could feel a bead of sweat or two trailing down the side of his face. Even his heart began to quicken in fear as he felt himself shaking slightly. He hadn't known Kronos personally, but he thought he was a nice guy. Whether this was him taking the game seriously or if he was truly not being kind was unknown. Even so, he felt his eyes narrow slightly as Kronos gave the group his warning and proposition.

7 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Kronos the Revenant @Pastel Heart @Dynamo Pad @NeighingMare @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @PawelS

Thundy revved his humvee loudly. "Let's get a move on everyone! We can't let this dark guy spew this trash from his mouth thinking we're a bunch of scarty-cats." Thundy stated as he waited for the others to head on to the next level. Thundy was ready to crush some baddies. 

3 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Pastel Heart, @ExplosionMare, @NeighingMare, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection, @PawelS@Astral Vision, @Kronos the Revenant

At the city hub world,
Elusive Facts does a sort-of bow and answers Tree Song's question. "That's correct. I'm the #1 news reporter for Friendshire Local News! At least outside of this game, I am. And our actual leader, Dynamo, put it best. The 'evil' characters aren't actually evil. They just chose to play as evil characters. For example, I was a boss character until these champions defeated and recruited me."

Trilby does his best to talk to both Tree Song and Dynamo at the same time. "Ah, I see. It's a bonus level. Meaning it's not important, but it's there if we're interested. Thanks for clarifying, Tree! Maybe we'll investigate it later." He answers Tree Song, then turns to Dynamo. "My powers are kind of limited. Think of me as a compass or a divining rod. I can point us in the general direction of the next level, but I don't know the exact locations." Trilby says.

However, the conversation seems to shift gears when they can hear the sudden transmission from Kronos.
"What the heck?! I thought this was a private line for heroes only! ...Why does this remind me of a fat guy that hates hedgehogs, or an evil guy that hates blue robots, or..." Trilby says, taken a back before listing off some video game villains he vaguely remembers. "Kronos?! We were on the same side, you stinky flank! And to think, I just stood up for you. Now you're going to make me look bad in front of our new arrival Tree Song here. Hmphf." Elusive says, huffing and kicking the ground in protest. She starts up her motorcycle again and lets anyone riding with her get on. "Are we going or what?! This game isn't going to beat itself!"

"Oh, okay. Let's get going, everybody! I guess. We gotta a game to beat!" Trilby hops back into the sidecar. "Tree Song, since you're some kind of angel character, you should be able to follow us by flying, correct?" Trilby asks.

Soon, the journey starts. Elusive rides her motorcycle and Trilby points the way, telling her when to turn and such. This is a much faster way to get there!

As the sound of a revved engine was heard, Dynamo nodded as he knew they had to keep moving. His jaw dropped slightly, before shaking his head quickly to try and prove Elusive's statement as false. "Woah! Wait a minute. I don't know if I would be considered as a leader in this situation. I mean, I thought Trilby was the leader, right?" He asks, looking to Trilby to try and bail him out. In a way, he was more of a follower, instead of being a leader. He lacked a bit of confidence as he wasn't the leader type. "I mean, I guess everyone just wants to play their role of hero and villain, but that seemed a bit much for Kronos. I suppose we won't be seeing him for quite a while. So, maybe we can prepare for the time being. Unless there's a plan that can be made in order to stop him and the others." He pondered, looking towards Trilby with a nod in understanding. "We should try and investigate that bonus level. It'll be better to do that at some point if we are running into trouble. Either that, or if we are looking for last minute power-up's that will come in handy for these bosses or missions. I guess a compass is a better term as you help in guiding us towards the next level."

Dynamo placed a hoof to his chin once Trilby began listing off certain characters that seemed familiar. "Oh, you mean Dr. Eggman aka Dr. Robotnik, as well as Dr. Willy. Maybe a Juggernaut is sort of like a doctor, or maybe that's not the case. I've only heard of the class name in an FPS game. To where the player dons a giant suit of armor and carry's a weapon with a giant capacity of ammo. Meaning, they might have a lot of HP and weaponry to take down their adversaries." He responded, looking over to Elusive as he gave her a sympathetic look. "It seems like Kronos doesn't care who's friend or foe at this point. It seems most villains are like that. They have their own form of teamwork, but then they like to go off on their own and have their glory. It still makes me question how he was able to speak into our minds. I thought Astral was the only one capable of doing that." He would say as Elusive started up the motorcycle once more.

2 hours ago, PawelS said:

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @C. Thunder Dash @Samurai Equine

"Nothing like that happened when we were traveling together, but he seems to have some old enemies from the time before he started teaching me. He doesn't talk much about it though. He is outside the town and is going to enter it when the game is over, so you will have a chance to talk to him. But don't expect him to share a lot of knowledge with you."

Suddenly, the transmission from Kronos starts. Tree Song looks terrified. "What was that??? One of those evil characters, right?" But when she sees that the other players aren't all that scared, she calms down and says: "OK, I guess I need to get used to these... Anyway, thank you for explaining things to me, now I know a lot more about this game, and I'm curious about this level you're headed to. As Trilby suggested, I will fly above you and watch you from the sky."

"I'm glad to know that it isn't the case at the moment. I guess he likes to keep his past more towards himself. Do you happen to know what the town is like when outside of the game? I won't blame your teacher if he isn't able to share any information to me. He still sounds like a nice pony and just being able to talk to him is enough." He would say, looking towards Tree Song with a smile and nod. Seeing the terrified look in Tree's eyes caused Dynamo to nod once more in confirmation. "Yeah. Kronos seems to be one of the evil characters, or bosses, in this game. What he said really has me freaked out, but I don't know. I do get that this is a game and all, but what he said really has me mad, in a way. I want to run, but I want to prove him wrong at the same time. I don't want to give up and I don't want him to hurt anyone. So, I guess we'll see once we get to that level." He would say, not knowing where he found his voice and courage from. "I think that's a good idea. You'll have a bird's eye view of the area. Just in case we have any enemies coming out way and if we have to fight. We won't be blindsided in case of an ambush and such."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

26 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Do you happen to know what the town is like when outside of the game?

"It's like... very bright light, I think it can blind you if you look at it directly. And there is something that looks like walls around the town, but you can walk through them, like I did, and get absorbed into the game." Tree Song looks around and sees that the others are starting to move again. "Now let's get going, shall we?"

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

Silver watched intently as Pencil goes to work creating a creature for him. It doesn’t take long before she finishes and has produced a hippopotamus, which soon started bouncing towards him. This one certainly seemed to have plenty of energy. It did its best to kneel in order make it easier for him to get on its back, which he no problem in doing.

“Thanks, Pencil!” He said with a smile. “I’m sure he’ll work out just fine.”

He turned and noticed a newcomer among them, who had landed amongst the others near the vehicles. While she talks with the others, Silver turns his attention back to Pencil, who had asked him a question.

“Yea, I think so, as I don’t low roll again. My dragon is all I really have to do combat with, so I really rely on him to put the damage in. I do have a sword, but I don’t have much armour, so it’s not really ideal to use unless as a last resort. I also got some sort of food or treats for him as my upgrade item, so I’m curious to see what sort of effect that’ll have on him.” He replied excitedly.

The Kirin turned an ear as an announcement came from out of nowhere, the voice belonging to Kronos, wherever he may be situated. Silver had figured the lack of the Rokian pony’s presence meant that he was on the bad side, and this broadcast confirmed his theory. He took this information with a grain of salt and turned his attention back to Pencil, seeing as Trilby was now leading the way.

“Lead the way, Pencil!” He exclaimed. “Looks like we’re heading off now; I’ll be right behind you.”

@GeneralDirection

Pencil clapped her hooves excitedly at Silver’s response. She was anxious to see his dragon’s upgrades as well. She was also glad he was at least a little confident about the next level. Pencil wasn’t sure what it would entail, but she would be happy to help her team again if the need arose. Before her team took off, Silver hopped on his hippo, thankfully with no trouble. Now that everyone was ready, it was time to head out.

“Okay, Silver, follow me over here!” Pencil exclaimed as she gestured in the direction the rest of the team was going. She encouraged the bear to speed up occasionally to catch up with the motorbike the rest of the team was using. It slowed down every once in a while in order not to lose the hippo. Pencil trailed the rest of the team to the best of her ability as they traversed to level two. She was hoping the journey wouldn’t be too long since both animals may have to rest at some point.

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @PawelS @GeneralDirection @NeighingMare @Samurai Equine

Chelsea all of a sudden had an idea. She gathered some water energy and the humvee had some things added on to it such as water propellers and flotation equipment. "Nice work Chelsea." Thundy said as he accelerated, following the group in the newly modified humvee. Chelsea summoned some water guards and they followed. "We could use a turret operator you know..." He said. 

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, PawelS said:

@Dynamo Pad

"It's like... very bright light, I think it can blind you if you look at it directly. And there is something that looks like walls around the town, but you can walk through them, like I did, and get absorbed into the game." Tree Song looks around and sees that the others are starting to move again. "Now let's get going, shall we?"

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare @PawelS @GeneralDirection @Astral Vision @NeighingMare @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

Hearing the state of the town caused the blue unicorn to sigh softly. "I had a feeling it was something like that. I was thinking that was the case, but I didn't want to go and assume anything. I just hope we can fix this up, before Samurai comes home. If he's okay and if he's allowed to return home. Hopefully, we won't get extra guests showing up in this game. The idea of a bright light would bring anyone running and wanting to investigate." He chuckled sheepishly, while hoping that wouldn't be the case. At any rate, he nodded in agreement to Tree's remark. "Yeah and you're right. It's better to keep moving than to just stand around doing nothing."

6 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @PawelS @GeneralDirection @NeighingMare @Samurai Equine

Chelsea all of a sudden had an idea. She gathered some water energy and the humvee had some things added on to it such as water propellers and flotation equipment. "Nice work Chelsea." Thundy said as he accelerated, following the group in the newly modified humvee. Chelsea summoned some water guards and they followed. "We could use a turret operator you know..." He said. 

Dynamo looked over to Thundy's vehicle, before noticing Chelsea gathering water energy. He soon watched as the humane had gained water-like propellers and flotation equipment added onto the vehicle. "Oh, wow. Now that's what you'd call an upgrade." He would say, humming at the idea of a turret operator. "I would say I'd be down to help take down anything that's in the air, but I might stay here. Better to add support on the ground, as well. 

• Brohoof 2

As they all travel together, Elusive makes sure she drives close to Thundy's vehicle. And since they are in talking distance, Trilby leans over. "Hey, Dynamo? Sorry if I threw you under the bus like that. It's just, video games seem to be more your thing, so you seem like the best Team Leader out of all of us. Gotta remember that outside this game, I'm just a hat maker. This game is making me live a fantasy I wouldn't normally dream of." Trilby clarifies.

It takes a few minutes to get there, but they finally arrive...

Elusive stops her motorcycle just outside the nature biome.
Trilby gets out and waits for the others to catch up. "Okay everyone, the portal to Level 2 is somewhere in this nature biome. Also, the desert biome is not too far from here, and I sense that it houses the portal to Level 3. With two levels so close to each other, I can see why Elusive Facts would suggest having two battle teams..." Trilby begins. Elusive nods. "That's right~ But it's not my call to make. Go team!" Elusive says.

Trilby looks around. "Okay Dynamo, if it's all right with you, I think we should find out who is in each team this time. You, Pastel, and Me will be in the battle team, which means we need one more. Unless Silver or Pencil really wants to join us, then... I elect Shadow Trail. I wouldn't feel right not being able to protect my marefriend." Trilby says. Elusive looks at the team. "Hmm... You know, if you still want to get to Ms. Tree Song's bonus level, there might be enough of us that the side-quest team could make that happen."

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

As they all travel together, Elusive makes sure she drives close to Thundy's vehicle. And since they are in talking distance, Trilby leans over. "Hey, Dynamo? Sorry if I threw you under the bus like that. It's just, video games seem to be more your thing, so you seem like the best Team Leader out of all of us. Gotta remember that outside this game, I'm just a hat maker. This game is making me live a fantasy I wouldn't normally dream of." Trilby clarifies.

It takes a few minutes to get there, but they finally arrive...

Elusive stops her motorcycle just outside the nature biome.
Trilby gets out and waits for the others to catch up. "Okay everyone, the portal to Level 2 is somewhere in this nature biome. Also, the desert biome is not too far from here, and I sense that it houses the portal to Level 3. With two levels so close to each other, I can see why Elusive Facts would suggest having two battle teams..." Trilby begins. Elusive nods. "That's right~ But it's not my call to make. Go team!" Elusive says.

Trilby looks around. "Okay Dynamo, if it's all right with you, I think we should find out who is in each team this time. You, Pastel, and Me will be in the battle team, which means we need one more. Unless Silver or Pencil really wants to join us, then... I elect Shadow Trail. I wouldn't feel right not being able to protect my marefriend." Trilby says. Elusive looks at the team. "Hmm... You know, if you still want to get to Ms. Tree Song's bonus level, there might be enough of us that the side-quest team could make that happen."

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare @Astral Vision @GeneralDirection @NeighingMare @PawelS @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

As the group continued to travel together, Dynamo’s ears perked as he heard a voice calling out to him. He looked around, until his eyes landed on Trilby, who seemed to have been leaning out the window of Thundy’s humvee. The gaming unicorn hadn’t noticed that Elusive had driven closer to the vehicle. So, he was taken a bit off guard. Hearing his apology caused Dynamo to shake his head. “I appreciate the kind words, but you don’t have to apologize, Trilby. I’m just not the leader type. If I did, then I’d be worried that nobody would listen or just brush me aside. I might have to try and be a leader in regards to this world. Since we are trapped in a game and games are my forte. I just wish I had a better understanding of this world, but I guess it’s more learn as you go along.” He responded as he noticed that he and the group soon arrived at the next biome.

Once he stopped out of the motorcycle, Dynamo looked to Elusive, who had mentioned that the nature and desert biomes were close to one another. “Who would have thought the levels were close to one another, but I’ve seen that in some games. One example being the story mode in Pokémon. The gym locations can be pretty far away from certain town, but then there are cities/gyms that are just next door to one another. So, I guess this kind of takes that into account on travel distance.” 

Upon heading the mention of teams, Dynamo turned towards Trilby with a nod. “It would be pretty good to change up the team a little. While it would be awkward having new teammates, we can figure out new strategies to implement.” He says, looking around at everyone, before looking back to the group’s cleric. “I know Pastel-chan and I are on a team. I can’t go anywhere unless she’s with me. I’m always up to having you on the team. I don’t know if I got her class, but I wouldn’t mind Shadow. That’s if she wants to tag along. Same thing goes to Pencil and/or Silver. Since we have Elusive and Tree on the team, then maybe we can have a team of 5. If not, then I do like that idea of a small side quest team that can go to the bonus level. That’s if anyone can fly there, or if they are able to take Thundy’s and Chelsea’s flying humvee.”

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection 

"I feel like if I go on the side quest, it'll probably be a breeze." Thundy said confidently. "If my team gets done with the side quest, would we be able to join you guys for the boss fight? I mean, if every boss has 3 phases, and phase 3 is the hardest, then an all-out assault on the boss would also prepare for what's to come ahead." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil halted the bear momentarily as Thundy began to ask her team a question. She signaled to the hippo to stop as well so it wouldn’t try to run ahead. Pencil slowly hopped down from the bear’s back, clinging at its fur so she wouldn’t fall flat on the ground. After landing softly on the grass, she approached the griffon for answer his question.

“You’re welcome to join our team if you want!” she exclaimed. “I don’t think anyone would mind, but you’ll need to make your decision soon so I know whether or not to make you a creature to ride. Unless you’d rather fly or something, though,” she added.

@ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart @Samurai Equine

"You know I have this..." Thundy said revving his humvee loudly. "But I could always change it into something else if I need to." Thundy stated. "Perhaps Chelsea could go along with you guys. I'll accompany Dynamo and Pastel once more." Thundy stated.