Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your opinions on Fluttershy

luvvva.bxbymiyah

I personally like Fluttershy because she reminds me of myself because I'm more of an introvert. Not to mention she's so ADORABLE imo. My best friend dislikes FS and RD, saying Fluttershy is so shy that it gets annoying and it's so unrealistic and Rainbow is an egotistical braggart. Oof, if they didn't have their flaws, what would you want them to be? Mary sues stranded here and there. lmao 

Is she best pony?

Does she have a good color scheme?

Should she be shown more, or less?

Do you like her personality?

medium.gif

Edited by princessxrainbowdash
  • Brohoof 1

She's the best pony. Not only is she adorable, sweet, and has a beautiful voice, she also has the best character development in the series IMO. You see her confidence grow as the series progresses. She had trouble standing up for herself and facing her fears (Dragons) in the first couple of seasons, but later on she's more assertive (While still keeping her kindness), has faced several of her fears, and even developed a snarky sense of humor.

She's also my first fictional crush in over a decade. :0)

• Brohoof 2

yes, flutter horse is good horse. 

I think I liked her the most during the later seasons, when she was still kinda sensitive but stood up for herself a whole lot more. 

• Brohoof 2

She’s okay.  Not my favorite. 

Like the others I like her a bit more in the later seasons.

She was so much of a doormat in the earlier seasons I couldn’t stand it. 

• Brohoof 3

Fluttershy used to be my “worst” Mane 6. Never actively DISliked her, I just found her to be completely uninteresting. You know how people used to joke about Applejack being a background pony? That was Fluttershy for me.

Honestly, it kind of fit her character. She’s absolutely the type that would WANT to slink by unnoticed. But it’s not great for audience engagement.

Very rarely did her struggles resonate with me and the show had that nasty habit of walking back character progression. And it was always MOST annoying when they’d walk back Fluttershy, because when she improved on herself I’d always feel really happy for her.

But now she’s more in my mid range rankings for the Mane 6. Flutter Brutter actually really helped with that. I loved seeing her unleash the sass on Zephyr. Made total sense too. He’s her little brother. She’s known him his entire existence and seen the kid in diapers. She’s not intimidated by him in the slightest.

• Brohoof 1

I think her whole "shy" personality was a perfect gag for the first two episodes. Then they started to be repetitive very fast. Some ponies in the show, that has some kind of unique thing going on usually last for one episode and is only brought back as a background character.

As for her design, it is pretty unique and good for a mane character. She can be cute at times.

Her love for animals and talking to animals are cool!

Not my favorite pony, but also not my least favorite pony (or even main 6) either. She looks cute, but the shyness would most likely be annoying in real life (at least for me). We also do not really have much in common, since I do not really like animals.

The only thing saving Flootershy from being number six in my Mane Six rankings is the existence of Rainbow Dash, and even that's iffy... Ironically, since if I were a pony I would love to be able to fly. To an extent, all the Mane ponies exhibit Aesop Amnesia, but Fluttershy is above and beyond in this arena. The very episode after "Putting your Hoof Down", which should have shown Flutters learning assertiveness (vs aggressive ash-holeness, which is pretty much all Iron Will had to bring to the table) we have "It's about Time" that features a scene with Fluttershy carrying and being crushed under party supplies Pinkie couldn't be bothered to move herself.

I don't hate her, but I prefer any episode to feature any other Mane Six than her.

I really don't like any of Mane Six very much, but she's number 3 to me, her design is my second favorite of Mane Six (only after Rarity), her personality was more enjoyable for me between season 4 and 7, after she got used to yelling at someone, just to be "assertive" and that seemed very annoying to me. But overall she is fine.

Was my favorite character from Day 1 as a brony, and that hasn’t changed.

That said, the show didn’t know what to do with her for a while. In the first season, she became one of the most developed, but DHX/Wildbrain seemed to not know what to do with her, and it showed. They often made her feel really intimidated (sometimes as a dumb joke, like in Luna Eclipsed) and had to stand up for herself a lot for the next three seasons.

Thankfully, seasons 5 and onwards (Fake It and Leans In the only exceptions) put her back on track. Her secondary and lead appearances from Discordant Harmony and Health of Info, respectively, remain very impactful.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

i used to dislike her but she's really grown on me over the years. i have pretty severe social anxiety myself and i was sorta placing my hate for it onto her

• 1 year later...

Is she best pony? No. And she'd never claim that for herself :3 She's a solid second though.

Does she have a good color scheme? Yellow and pink? Hell yeah!

Should she be shown more, or less? A little Flutters goes a long way. But also there are Flutter-centric eps that are bad (Sanctuary) and Flutter-centric eps that are amazing (Hurricane)

Do you like her personality? I like Ponies with humour who confront their flaws who are voiced by Andrea Libman, so yes. I see a lot of Pinkie in Flutters (and Pinkie's my fave).

My best friend dislikes FS and RD, saying Fluttershy is so shy that it gets annoying and it's so unrealistic and Rainbow is an egotistical braggart. 

Your friend is citing a common opinion of FS and RD. Keep on fighting to open their eyes :D 

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy is definitely my favorite character in the show. She's cute, kind, relatable, and has a plethora of great episodes, one of which being my all time favorite. Seeing her grow throughout the series, and interact with all sorts of characters in all sorts of places was great, and the lessons she learned along the way are also very valuable. There is also her great design, voice, and personality which help make her a fun character to watch. This is just scratching the surface on all the great, lovable aspects of Fluttershy!

• Brohoof 2

On 2020-04-21 at 1:03 AM, princessxrainbowdash said:

I personally like Fluttershy because she reminds me of myself because I'm more of an introvert. Not to mention she's so ADORABLE imo. My best friend dislikes FS and RD, saying Fluttershy is so shy that it gets annoying and it's so unrealistic and Rainbow is an egotistical braggart. Oof, if they didn't have their flaws, what would you want them to be? Mary sues stranded here and there. lmao 

Is she best pony?

Does she have a good color scheme?

Should she be shown more, or less?

Do you like her personality?

medium.gif

Yes, she's best pony.

Yes, she has a good color scheme. 

More, More, MORE! (I know the show has ended a long time ago)

Definitely, I do :>

Yes, there are also many similarities between my personality and hers. I'm also more of an Introvert. I really like this characters and she's definitely best Mane six and best pone for me and always will be. I started watching MLP:FiM because I saw parts of the Pony Tones episode and saw her character aaand then I had to start watching the show :>

15 hours ago, Landi said:

Fluttershy is definitely my favorite character in the show. She's cute, kind, relatable, and has a plethora of great episodes, one of which being my all time favorite. Seeing her grow throughout the series, and interact with all sorts of characters in all sorts of places was great, and the lessons she learned along the way are also very valuable. There is also her great design, voice, and personality which help make her a fun character to watch. This is just scratching the surface on all the great, lovable aspects of Fluttershy!

Once again, you took the word right out of my mouth >

• Brohoof 3