Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Long manes or short manes?

DivineMist1000

Depends on the character and how the mane looks. Some rock short manes, some look good with long flowing manes

• Brohoof 1

It really depends. Long manes look good on some ponies while short manes look good on others. It’s the same with people in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It depends. I like most of the mane six's long styles, but Spitfire does look good with her short swept up and somewhat spiked mane.

318-3182880_mlp-spitfire-uniform-hd-png-download.png

I love a mare in uniform!

For about a minute, I had hoped Twilight would keep this style for a few episodes! It's really cute, but might have been too intricate to keep animating. I quess it doesn't really count as short, since it still goes down the back of her neck.

aad15de30188e7654818779e1001bc5c.png

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

I never really thought of Spitfire as having a short mane, it seems fairly floofed to me. I don't know which I prefer, I guess it really depends on the style, but there's more potential with long.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to see more boys with long manes, hopefully a next generation introduces long maned boys.  Not just beautiful, flowing manes but good-lord-how-are-you-not-tripping-over-yourself?!?! manes, manes that someone can dramatically flip over their side and have it act like a cape.  My Little Pony: The Reckoning of the Mane

Though beyond that, it really depends on the pony, some of them look great with short manes while others look great with long manes.