food Why chickens and waffles are served together?

Sepul-Coloratura

(edited)

I know chickens and waffles both are delicious foods, but why those two specific food served together in many places? It’s like eggs and bacons or burgers and fries. (Which I understand why they are served together.)

Anyone know why? Any historical background or a practical reason like convenience or just the taste of them two compliments each other? Or a nutritional reason? Because for me, I think them two together seems a bit random.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 3

According to Ganondorf in Ganondorf's Kingdom, the real way to Ultimate Power is not through the Complete Triforce of Power, Wisdom, and Courage; it's actually serving Chicken and Waffles at excellent Prices

LOL. What a funny explanation

• Brohoof 2

There's a lot of theories as to why chicken and waffles are served together but no one can agree on how it started.  Modern day chicken and waffles was reintroduced as a soul food dish in I think Harlem???  Just kinda spread from there.  Never had it personally, would like to make it one of these days.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Ya boi Stormy 🌩️ said:

Bc they are real bangers together.

This guy gets it^^

Also, M&Ms in popcorn? Delicious. 

Dipping french fries in milkshakes? Even better.

Edited by Emerald Heart

Just now, Emerald Heart said:

This guy gets it^^

Also, M&Ms in popcorn? Delicious. 

Dipping french fries in milkshakes? Even better.

NONE of this is wrong. :balloon:

Just now, Ya boi Stormy 🌩️ said:

NONE of this is wrong. :balloon:

I used to put pickle slices on plain Lay's potato chips all the time before they came out with the Dill Pickle flavor.

Also, I was one of those kids who put ketchup on their eggs.

As far as maple syrup goes, I'm not sure there's anything you can put it on that won't still taste good. Waffles are pretty neutral on their own but they're still carbs so the more the better. Throw fried chicken into the mix and you're golden.

I don't get the whole dipping french fries in milkshakes. It does nothing for me, which is weird because I'll dip PB&Js and grilled cheeses into plain milk.

It's a genuinely hood combo. What's especially great is chicken cooked in waffle batter. And dipping them with syrup is surprisingly delicious

I...I’ve never been to a single restaurant in my entire 29 years of living that have served chicken and waffles together. And I’ve been to multiple restaurants before. 

7 hours ago, Larksy 💤🤐🏒🎈 said:

I...I’ve never been to a single restaurant in my entire 29 years of living that have served chicken and waffles together. And I’ve been to multiple restaurants before. 

Come to Texas. We love our fried food, and chicken and waffles is delicious.

10 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

So you could have dinner and breakfast at the same time

That's the explanation I've heard. All night diners that served both and people started ordering them together.

• Brohoof 1

I never could figure out the appeal of it. I know some weird things go good together but chicken and waffles isn’t one of them, at least not for me. I like a lot of unusual stuff, and I’ve loved to mix salty and sweet flavors since I was little and dipping potato chips in chocolate frosting, but chicken and waffles is just okay at best.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know the "why", but it's tasty. Never had it until I moved to the south a couple years ago but it's pretty good. You get fried chicken, but it's sweet too.

I’ve heard people say that the combination is just really good. I have yet to try it.