Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 Movie is likely called "My Little Pony: A New Generation"

Chadbacca

14 minutes ago, Chad327 said:

Boulder Media's website recently updated with a new statement about the upcoming G5 MLP movie, possibly revealing its official title.

Source: https://www.bouldermedia.tv/

A New Generation :huh:? Not pretty original, but since it’s a distant sequel, makes sense :mlp_icwudt:. Oh, cue the music :orly:

• Brohoof 6

My Little Pony: A New Generation? Okay, I'll take it. Thought, it would've been clever if they called G5 ''The Next Generation'', but hey I'm not complaining.:please:

• Brohoof 6

A cliche, somewhat corny title, HOWEVER, I must say that it has a much better ring to it than "My Little Pony: Pony Tale". :Thorax:I'd much rather think of Star Trek than that old pony show from the 90s. :dash:

• Brohoof 8

17 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

A cliche, somewhat corny title, HOWEVER, I must say that it has a much better ring to it than "My Little Pony: Pony Tale".

Agreed. The title's corny and not creative, but compared to "MLP: Pony Tale," "A New Generation" rolls off the tongue better, makes some sense, and signals the beginning of a new era of MLP.

• Brohoof 7

9 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Agreed. The title's corny and not creative, but compared to "MLP: Pony Tale," "A New Generation" rolls off the tongue better, makes some sense, and signals the beginning of a new era of MLP.

It to mention being a first of a pony generation being a direct follow-up from the previous one :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 6

A New Generation is far better than Pony Tale. It's not amazing but at least it should make it clear to people who haven't been following along with G5 news that this is something new. Besides, not only is it a new generation of MLP media, but it's also going to introduce a new generation of main characters.

• Brohoof 6

Finally, the mystery of "Is G5 G4" is finally solved. G5 can't be G4 because G4 is not new, but G5 is. 

See, I am smurt. :wacko:

As long as they don't do the whole "New look, same great taste!" line then I'm cool with whatever they call it really. That tagline is one of the dumbest things ever. 

• Brohoof 3

It sounds much better than A Pony Tale. However, it could not actually be the title and instead just be Boulder Media introducing the movie.

We are thrilled to share with the world, our first full CGI Feature Film, the most recent adventure into the My Little Pony Universe, My Little Pony: A New Generation, set to be released in September 2021.

It sounds like a title to me, but it's also possible that they worded it in a way that sounds like a title when it was really intended to be a way of saying that My Little Pony is a new generation.

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-05-28 at 10:15 PM, Steve Piranha said:

A New Generation :huh:? Not pretty original, but since it’s a distant sequel, makes sense :mlp_icwudt:. Oh, cue the music :orly:

First thing it made me think of was "Care Bears Movie 2: A New Generation." A retcon of CANON so blatant that even a 5-year-old would have noticed.

• Brohoof 1

I wish they weren't always trying to remind us how new everything is, and just take a "Beast Wars" approach and try to make it stand out on its own

• Brohoof 2

I'm not too thrilled about that name, but I guess it's a little better than "A Pony Tale", so there's that. I was hoping for a more cool and interesting name, but maybe that's asking too much from them. Oh well, hopefully the writing will be more interesting.

• Brohoof 1

Cool. "A New Generation" would be more like it as a potential title for the upcoming My Little Pony fifth generation movie this year. :) I thought it would be "Pony Tale". Since they announced that title "A New Generation" first, we need confirmation from Hasbro first before making that movie title official.

By the way, I'm still looking forward for an official trailer and the announcement of voice actors (some are new and/or some are old likely from Friendship is Magic) who will be voicing our main pony characters in the upcoming movie.

• Brohoof 4

22 hours ago, Megas said:

I wish they weren't always trying to remind us how new everything is, and just take a "Beast Wars" approach and try to make it stand out on its own

Hey:  maybe they'll do a comic crossover with Beast Wars!

...Makes you wonder what'll happen to Spike if he eats energon crystals...?

• Brohoof 2