Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Think We'll See Other Species?

Werewolveswithagenda

I am not sure if this has been asked yet. Like the title says, do you think we'll see other species like gryphons or dragons? Either in the movie or the show coming out for G5

I am hoping there will be at least some iconic creatures like dragons sometime in the series. 

• Brohoof 2

We'll probably see other creatures in the series at some point. That being said, I hope that ponies still remain the focus of the series (they are the namesake after all). I'd be fine with them appearing here and there and side/one-off characters like they did through most of G4, just don't lose focus of the ponies and all the cool aspects that make them so interesting (like towards the end of G4). Some more types of ponies like Batponies and Kirin would be pretty cool though.

On a side note, if and when dragons come back, I hope they are done much better. The episode "Dragon Quest" turned dragons from cool looking, viscous, and intimidating beings to obnoxious teens with weird designs.

Edited by Landi
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe. As long as they DON'T overtake on what the franchise supposed to be, then I'm perfectly okay with it.

3 hours ago, Landi said:

We'll probably see other creatures in the series at some point. That being said, I hope that ponies still remain the focus of the series (they are the namesake after all). I'd be fine with them appearing here and there and side/one-off characters like they did through most of G4, just don't lose focus of the ponies and all the cool aspects that make them so interesting (like towards the end of G4). Some more types of ponies like Batponies and Kirin would be pretty cool though.

On a side note, if and when dragons come back, I hope they are done much better. The episode "Dragon Quest" turned dragons from cool looking, viscous, and intimidating beings to obnoxious teens with weird designs.

Now, that I can agree on. I said it before, and I'll say it again: no more My Little Creature Show BS.

Yeah, I agree. Dragon Quest was pretty bad, but I was more disappointed than anything. This episode has a golden opportunity to explore Spike's origins. Instead, it got toss aside in favor of dude-bro dragon teens, who serve no purpose whatsoever.

• Brohoof 1

As long as it's not overexposure, I'm fine with it. Dragons have always been an integral part of My Little Pony, so I'd count on seeing those at least.

• Brohoof 2

The early press releases made a point of G5 being in the same universe as G4. They can't not be expecting fans to be wondering what happened to all the other creatures.

Though if this is all about introducing a new generation to My Little Pony, it makes perfect sense start out focusing more or less exclusively on the ponies, and then gradually reintroduce the other species.

Personally, I'd be interested in seeing more done with the Kirin.

• Brohoof 1

Dragons hold a presence in MLP since G1, so they are a given. And I’m sure more creatures will show up. However, Ikd hate them overtake the show again, and keep MLPANG mostly horse. They can bring hippogriffs, bat poneh, and kirins, as they are other species of pastel horses, or hybrids in the former >_>

• Brohoof 2

I really want to see some more kirins. :kirin: I do hope at least some of the other species appear at some point though. I don't really expect the movie to have any non-ponies, but the series should have some space to bring in more characters. I'm also curious if they'll bring in the species only seen in the 2017 movie, like anthro-cats and others. Some of those others are kind of ugly though. :crackle:

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-08-01 at 9:19 PM, HedonismBot said:

The early press releases made a point of G5 being in the same universe as G4. They can't not be expecting fans to be wondering what happened to all the other creatures.

That was what I was thinking! I mean like, they did show a lot of other creatures in G4 and they mentioned that G4 and G5 are in the same world... I wonder what happened to the other creatures during this time...

6 hours ago, Reality Check said:

I'm hoping dragons, I'd be interested if there was a dragon assistant for one of the mane 5 like Spike in G4

Maybe we’ll get longmas :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

I'm sure there will come a point where it would be good to add other species into G5 to add more flavor to it, but whether the developers will actually do it is uncertain. However, I do think that there is a high possibility of seeing at least one other species in G5, with dragons being the most likely species to make an appearance.

I figure they'll draw in other species.  If G-5 lasts as long as G-4, then probably every species seen in G-4 will get a chance to make an appearance, and then some---who knows?  Bushwollies, Furbobs, Lava Demons, Ice Orcs, Lizard-folk, elves---any one of those from G-1 could make an appearance!

But they do start introducing other species...odds are high that we won't see them right away:  if Earth Ponies, Pegas, and Unicorns are xenophobic about each other, you can't expect them to be accepting of dragons, kirin, zebras, hyppogryphs, etc.  At least, not at first.

On 2021-08-06 at 10:38 PM, HereComesTom said:

I figure they'll draw in other species.  If G-5 lasts as long as G-4, then probably every species seen in G-4 will get a chance to make an appearance, and then some---who knows?  Bushwollies, Furbobs, Lava Demons, Ice Orcs, Lizard-folk, elves---any one of those from G-1 could make an appearance!

But they do start introducing other species...odds are high that we won't see them right away:  if Earth Ponies, Pegas, and Unicorns are xenophobic about each other, you can't expect them to be accepting of dragons, kirin, zebras, hyppogryphs, etc.  At least, not at first.

Exactly. These three species of pastel horses where already integrated with each other in FIM, and yet different species were used sparingly, and up until the Young Six where introduced, hardly relevant. Now that the three main pony species segregated among themselves is a central focus, it’s very unlikely we’ll see another species playing an important role until later. HELL, ALICORNS HAVE YET TO BE MENTIONED FOR GOD’S SAKE :lostit:

.... I’d still like them to prioritize them to horses tho :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1