Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The real trailer is here

eventyraren

• The title was changed to The real trailer is here

That's the moment we've all waited for! The official trailer's great! :D Sunny may come up with a solution for different pony races with the true meaning of friendship.

• Brohoof 3

This looks pretty decent to be honest. I was afraid that it would be your typical 2010s CGI animated film fare (thanks illumination studios) but it looks like it's trying to be its' own thing. One thing I was worried about was that they would pull a Rey with Sunny but it seems her personality is going to be a lot more believeable (initially scared of Izzy like the rest of them). Not only that, the city is actually pretty well thought out. It shows a lot of the same motiffs as the G4 ponyville. It makes it much more believeable. I still have some concerns regarding the film but my impressions are definitely very positive right now. I just feel sorry for the producers as this film was clearly meant to be a cinematic release but is now confined to netflix.

• Brohoof 8

1 minute ago, chirox the pony said:

This looks pretty decent to be honest. I was afraid that it would be your typical 2010s CGI animated film fare (thanks illumination studios) but it looks like it's trying to be its' own thing. One thing I was worried about was that they would pull a Rey with Sunny but it seems her personality is going to be a lot more believeable (initially scared of Izzy like the rest of them). Not only that, the city is actually pretty well thought out. It shows a lot of the same motiffs as the G4 ponyville. It makes it much more believeable. I still have some concerns regarding the film but my impressions are definitely very positive right now. I just feel sorry for the producers as this film was clearly meant to be a cinematic release but is now confined to netflix.

To be honest, I think going straight to Netflix is for the best. The G5 show is going to debut there, so why not have the movie as well? I'm also certain that this would have flopped hard in theaters (even without a pandemic).

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

To be honest, I think going straight to Netflix is for the best. The G5 show is going to debut there, so why not have the movie as well? I'm also certain that this would have flopped hard in theaters (even without a pandemic).

I mean I think it could have worked out better due to wider exposure than on netflix. Netflix tailors itself to a person's tastes whereas the cinema is a much more neutral distribution method that can pull in wider audiences. This is one of the major issues I have with streaming platforms as a concept. 

• Brohoof 3

The Animation looks beautiful and so far every character seems likeable, i am really excited for the movie! :squee:

Kinda weird that we didnt see a glimpse of a villain, kinda hoped it would show us something in that regard but whatever, the trailer is great regardless.

But i am sad that this doesnt get a theathrical release, i hope that didnt make Hasbro lose that much money, because this movie clearly has a lot of work behind it and would have deserved success from what i can tell so far.

• Brohoof 4

The earth ponies running away from a clueless unicorn reminds me so much of when a small kid entered the monster world and caused chaos in Monster Inc

Other than that, I can't wait to see the movie when it's out

• Brohoof 2

The animation is good. Voice acting seems fine, although I need to hear more. I like the humor element, but the overall atmosphere is something to get used to. It feels considerably different from G4. It’s hard to put this difference into words, but it’s palpable. I just hope it won’t be too simplistic, wacky and overly-glittery.

• Brohoof 3

I need Bronies React to tell me if it is good or not!

I still have concerns about G5's future, but the actual movie seems.... Kids friendly. I guess that's good! I don't feel the connection to the older audience, not from the trailer alone.

3D is 3D. I was almost expecting more by 2020+ standards, but I guess this will do for now. Ponies and voice actors might not translate that well into a TV-show.

Trailer was good because it didn't show off the social media stuff (yet).

• Brohoof 2

The animation looks as beautiful as I expected it would. I love the amount of detail in the characters/scenery and how fluid everything moves. The voice acting is great too.

What concerns me is that the movie appears to be focusing on getting back the magic of the unicorns. I hope this movie doesn't have Izzy Moonbow and the unicorn species as the main focus. If that is the case, the movie should have been titled My Little Pony: Unicorn Journey or something similar. I know that the magic of friendship has been lost in this world but the trailer put more attention toward the journey to regain the lost unicorn magic. That's what I am getting at. What I think is going to happen is the characters will aim to get the magic of unicorns back as well as aim to get the harmony of the 3 species back.

Also regarding Izzy: she was always my least favorite and this trailer really solidifies that. I have never been a fan of the LOL random, hyperactive characters and I can tell that she is going to annoy me just as much as Pinkie Pie did in generation 4.

I believe that the villain will be Zipp and Pipp's mother. She seems like the most likely suspect and I say this because there doesn't appear to be a pony in a royal/leadership position in Maretime Bay or where the unicorns reside. She looks to be the head pony in charge of it all.

Overall, I am excited to watch this and I think it's going to be good. We will see what happens!

• Brohoof 5

Omg...this looks really awesome. I love the presentation and the charm. It really creates that modern vibe and less of a utopian society. 

I have a feeling that it's gonna be way bigger than just getting the magic back. Perhaps this is the first step to reuniting the three species...

• Brohoof 3