Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are you excited for most with G5?

DivineMist1000

I truly believe that this new generation is off to a really great start! The movie was awesome, Tell Your Tale is so much fun and I am really excited for more G5 stuff in the future.

All of the New 5 are wonderful characters and I love this modern day take on the world of Equestria!

Who else is excited for more?!

• Brohoof 1

I am! I think I'm most excited for the upcoming comics. I never really got the chance to get into the G4 comics and I don't really have the motivation to go through them now. The fact that I'm actually aware of the comics prior to their release along with them running before the main show makes them more accessible to me than ever! I know there's some concern regarding a recent development (coughdiscordcough) but I'm willing to give it a chance before making any judgments. 

I'm excited to see our news pones on some exciting adventures! Between the movie and the TYT my hype has actually only grown. Can't wait for the new series and comics! :D

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to What are you excited for most with G5?

I'm not really sure I'm looking forward to anything in G5 until the series proper gets underway. Once that's happened, I can provide a much better answer than this. But, if I were to give an answer now because this thread did ask, I'd go with the voice acting.

5 hours ago, Savygriffs said:

Same!!! I'm not gonna let what a few haters say about it get to me, I'm super excited to see what's in store.

As someone who's clearly not nearly as on board with this new series as most people seem to be (though is really trying to give it as much of a chance as possible), I think it's important to note that what someone else thinks about something should not affect how you feel about that thing.  I've clearly explained why I don't like G5 as much as G4, but never once have I said that I don't think anyone should like it.  If you like G5, then I'm happy for you.  I believe this fandom has plenty of room for G4 Bronies, G5 Bronies, G4/5 Bronies (I'm sure there are plenty of fans of both), and Bronies who are into neither (it's possible there are some who are exclusively into even older gens, and that's cool too).  I also think this fandom is at least 20% cooler when it comes to differences of opinion than some other fandoms.

I cannot stress this enough, but don't take someone not liking G5 as a personal attack, and do not interpret that as toxicity.  True toxicity is if someone were to mistreat you for liking G5, or if I were to be pushed out of the fandom for not liking it as much.  If either should come to pass, that is completely uncalled for, because we are all people here and have the right to be treated as such.  With that in mind, I don't expect I'll stop being critical of G5 anytime soon.

However, if I were to list something I'm most looking forward to ("excited about" may be too extreme a term), I guess I just want there to be plot.  I'm still not sure what the premise for this series is supposed to be, beyond ponies just living their lives after having overcome prejudice.  I'm also both anticipating and dreading the point in time when there's finally payoff to the whole tie-in to FiM.  

1 hour ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I’m looking forward to when TYT ends. :dry: Sorry. :twismile:

A new episode was released today and it was so... lacking... I was kind of in the same boat as you. In my opinion it either needs to get better or go away.

To be honest, I don't know. 

A New Generation was an amazing MLP movie, but I hope it isn't the best G5 can do right now. Tell Your Tale doesn't compare, and the feature length special has some cut corners (probably the most glaring be the replacement of their all star cast). 

All I'm really looking forward to is my imaginary wish list of things I want to see changed or improved (but I'll try to enjoy whatever it is I get).

19 minutes ago, Stancet said:

A new episode was released today and it was so... lacking... I was kind of in the same boat as you. In my opinion it either needs to get better or go away.

In all fairness, I don't actually think TYT was ever meant to be any kind of main attraction.  It's on the same par as the EQG shorts IMHO.  The difference is, we had years of FiM, and even had years of feature length EQG films by the time those shorts started to hit (other than the tie-ins for Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games).  We could turn our brains off and watch shorts that aren't all that deep because we loved the characters.  I think we can get there with the G5 characters but the film fell way short on developing them, and we still don't have the main series.  TYT probably wasn't meant to be anything more than a tie-in to the actual show, and was probably meant to come out later, or perhaps MYM was meant to come out sooner.  I get the sense TYT is just being aired now because Hasbro is behind on their intended release for MYM but really wants to give us something to keep G5 relevant. 

So...yeah, we're going to notice more when these shorts aren't all that special because none of these characters are iconic enough yet to carry them.  Maybe that will change when MYM turns them into more dynamic characters (fingers crossed), but for now, they're just kind of ok, and at least for me, ok is not sufficient to cover for really lackluster content.  With that said, TYT may still end up being my favourite thing to come out of G5 depending on how cringe future attempts to tie into FiM are...as TYT has none of that, and I think it's all the better for it, if for no other reason than that it renders TYT harmless.  

More Tell Your Tale episodes about Izzy and Hitch, including at least one that helps Hitch get the love he deserves, the Make Your Mark show, and of course, the potential showdown between Sunny and Sombra. :eager:

Honestly, just tie up some loose ends from G4. What happened to Celestia and Luna post retirement? How did the Crystal Empire fare? When are Cozy, Tirek and Chrysalis either going to be redeemed or dealt with for good? What happened to Sunset Shimmer? If they can tie in the remaining mysteries fro G4 into G5, the this generation will be another masterpiece. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm excited to see what the Mane 5 will hopefully discover about Equestria's past and how they will improve Equestria for future generations. 

I'm also really excited to hear more songs because the songs we've heard so far have been really fun to listen to, IMO.   

The upcoming video game! :D

@ExplosionMare Me, too, Bestie! :squee:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

To be honest, I was just really excited to see that ponies have visible hooves now! It translates really well to my art style so I don't have to adjust anything for the new generation's art style  :muffins: I'm also really excited to see all the new pony designs! I'm really hoping they add some new ones in the show instead of only using the assets from the movie. Would be really nice to have a character as a callback to their concept designs

Edited by bubbleteapony
  • Brohoof 2

New adventure stories and  amazingly plots on TV Shows and comics.

And an account of what happened between G4 and G5. Of course,convincing enough.

(edited)

I am so excited :yay:

My only concern is that mym will only be 8 episodes longs. I do not like the fact it's gonna be that short.  But so far I'm way more excited than I was with the g4 ( haven't finished yet) I love everything of the g4 etc but those new ponies looks so awesome ! 

I'm way more attracted to cgi animation also . (Excepting in anime )

Edit: apparently I'm a bad pony :blush: I didn't knew it was gonna be 23 episodes long with 8 coming at the same time ..I'M HYPED NOW :yay:

Edited by RestlessJolt
Bad pony bad