Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E21 - My Bananas

Ashen Pathfinder

Title: My Bananas
Release Date: August 4, 2022
Written By: Jessica Silcock and Naomi Smith
Synopsis: Sunny trips-up in public and struggles with public embarassment.

Spoiler

Bunch-of-bananas-67e91d5.jpg?quality=90&

• Brohoof 4

It's actually a really good message, for a 5 minute short, don't take yourself to seriously, if it's for a good cause, it's only helping.. it was cute lol

• Brohoof 6

The banana peel gag is an all-time classic that even now has stood the test of time. Sunny's reactions to what happened are perfectly normal as a lot of people have done the exact same thing whenever they get embarrassed and it becomes known to the general public. I do feel sorry for her of course as this whole thing greatly affected her psyche which can affect her later on in life. I was surprised that it was Pipp of all ponies who was able to help her out.

• Brohoof 3

This was such an awesome episode and it is one of my favorites now! I love the message too where you gotta learn to laugh at yourself and own up to your failures!

Sunny is an adorable and beautiful pony and she has grown a lot throughout this new generation.

Even after 21 episodes of the show, I have yet to see a bad episode and I love this show!

• Brohoof 7

Another AMAZING episode! It reminded me of the "Epic Fails" Equestria Girls Youtube short. 

20 minutes ago, The Nth Doctor said:

I want to know who Izzy Moonbow was before she had to change her name

What if Izzy was Pinkie Pie!? :blink:/:P

• Brohoof 3

Honestly? This is probably the best episode of Tell Your Tale; bar none! 

And no @Sparklefan1234; not because of Pipp totally saving the day! :p

What I mean is this episode perfectly demonstrates the strengths of TyT. It keeps the humor at the level it's been at consistently while bringing the lead character at one of her most vulnerable points (keep TyT's context in mind; different stakes verses ANG or MyM) all the while her friends trying to help, but not fully understanding WHY Sunny feels like this.

Pipp was PERFECT for this role! This was quite the well-rounded package and just SO good!

• Brohoof 7

7 hours ago, Savygriffs said:

Another AMAZING episode, if not one of the best!

Pipp had such a great role in it as well, and makes me love her even more!

Bestie Pipp is best self-confidence booster! :squee:

7 hours ago, Savygriffs said:

I do agree with @Sparklefan1234, it DOES remind me a bit of the "Epic fails" EQG short!

Especially, Pipp's video. :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

Honestly? This is probably the best episode of Tell Your Tale; bar none! 

And no @Sparklefan1234; not because of Pipp totally saving the day! :p

image.gif.9bb707e973bf81f99cc322411caab5ef.gif JK. :mlp_smug:

What I mean is this episode perfectly demonstrates the strengths of TyT. It keeps the humor at the level it's been at consistently while bringing the lead character at one of her most vulnerable points (keep TyT's context in mind; different stakes verses ANG or MyM) all the while her friends trying to help, but not fully understanding WHY Sunny feels like this.

I like this style of friendship lesson because it simply tells you what the problem and solution is without making things too deep or complicated. :twismile:

Pipp was PERFECT for this role! This was quite the well-rounded package and just SO good!

I figured Pipp would help since it was a social media related problem. :grin:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

This ep is really sweet, and although it's simple, it's a good lesson for fillies to learn! :eager:

This whole "public embarrassment that can go viral online" wasn't really such a big thing when I was growing up, (probably since most phone cameras were really bad lol-) and I feel like it's a genuine fear some people have- so this is a nice way to say "it doesn't matter if you aren't hurting anyone" :catface:

• Brohoof 4

This one was fun. Definitely relevant nowadays, too. But not too serious. Sometimes you gotta learn to laugh at yourself and not take things personally when you're in an embarrassing situation and people see it.

And Pipp was excellent here. I love seeing her help out.

• Brohoof 4

Another good episode I didn't find to be great, but it's always a good feeling when the feedback is more positive than I expected. I loved how they turned the classic banana peel gag into a meme for Sunny. If that happened to someone of her status in real life, it definitely would get memed, and I like how they actually used the word, "meme". It also fit perfectly for Pipp to be the one to turn things around, teaching Sunny to "own her fails", I do like that message. And of course, another "prediction" from my G5 story comes true, Pipp using a result of Sunny's accident to sell smoothies. 

• Brohoof 4

15 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Another good episode I didn't find to be great, but it's always a good feeling when the feedback is more positive than I expected. I loved how they turned the classic banana peel gag into a meme for Sunny. If that happened to someone of her status in real life, it definitely would get memed, and I like how they actually used the word, "meme". It also fit perfectly for Pipp to be the one to turn things around, teaching Sunny to "own her fails", I do like that message. And of course, another "prediction" from my G5 story comes true, Pipp using a result of Sunny's accident to sell smoothies. 

This is one of my favorite episodes now too!

• Brohoof 3

I gotta agree with everyone, this was really good! Hooray! I was chuckling throughout the whole thing. It leaned on the classic banana peel for a solid foundation on the humor side but also had a heart with a really good message. It's my new favorite! Gosh I love when things are good! :D

Also, there's probably like 12 other examples I forgot about, but was this the first time a pony said "meme"?

• Brohoof 6

I liked this one and thought it was pretty good---I'm a bit surprised some people are calling it the best; I felt like the stakes were too low for it to actually be epic---that doesn't make the episode bad, of course; just more slice-of-life-y.

It was a good message, of course:  own your fails.  Being able to laugh at yourself is important.

I might change my tune and make it my fave if I go back and watch all the episodes back-to-back, of course; at some point, I'm going to have to do that.

Edited by HereComesTom
  • Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, HereComesTom said:

I liked this one and thought it was pretty good---I'm a bit surprised some people are calling it the best; I felt like the stakes were too low for it to actually be epic---that doesn't make the episode bad, of course; just more slice-of-life-y.

It was a good message, of course:  own your fails.  Being able to laugh at yourself is important.

I might change my tune and make it my fave if I go back and watch all the episodes back-to-back, of course; at some point, I'm going to have to do that.

I don't think it was epic, it's just my personal preference, but I actually really love slice-of-life style stories as long as it's with characters I like and writing I can appreciate. Don't get me wrong I love epic stuff just as much, it just depends on how it's done. I want to be clear, I'm not like over the moon, stars in my eyes over this episode, I just like it a lot, found it very charming, and hope for more like it.

• Brohoof 3

I think the lesson of not taking things too seriously is great, and that this is the right kind of episode for the 5-minute runtime.

Pipp shined and Sunny blossomed.

Relatable to everyone. It shows strength from vulnerability. It uses the concept of modern technology well.

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

Sunny puts a banana in with the peel. I see no problems with that.

Anyways, I think that this episode demonstrates how they can use technology existing in Equestria to send a positive message that people can relate to.

I noticed that too but forgot to mention it. Good catch! Though I do think most animals eat the exterior of fruits people usually don't, ever seen a gorilla eat an orange?

Also, I can't believe I didn't immediately think of this, but doesn't this whole episode put Sunny in serious danger of being sent to the moon? Somewhere, far from Equestria, Celestia's ears are perking up...

• Brohoof 3