Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your pets’ names?

Gaines

Tell us why or how your pet(s) came to get their current name(s) :BrightMacContent: We named our dog June just because that's the month we adopted her in lol

Edited by The Wife of Levi
  • Brohoof 4

45 minutes ago, Gaines said:

Tell us why or how your pet(s) came to get their current name(s) :BrightMacContent: We named our dog June just because that's the month we adopted her in lol

Our family dogs name is Tuesday, it's because we adopted her on 2/22/22 which also happened to be a Tuesday, our cats the previous owner named and we inherited them, Gypsy, Scout and Sparks..

• Brohoof 1

Melody, my elderly cat, well we got her back when I was still writing songs.

Bobby Booty, my cat who passed away last July, was named after a story book character my father would have written about had he not died back in 2006.

Coco, well I didn't name Coco, so I dunno why. Might have something to do with her coloration. She's part Siamese part Ragdoll with a fairly brown and cream complexion.

Putty was named by my grandmother, who named him after another cat she once had, so he's actually Putty II. It's because of the original kitten's very tiny paws.

Oliver, Ollie for short, is named after Oliver from Oliver & Company even though he doesn't share even one characteristic of that movie's Oliver.

• Brohoof 1

My new puppy is named Jack because my parents both thought of the name at the same time. It was quite an eerie coincidence for them both and they decided to go with it. Me? I hadn't thought of the name but it soon grew on me.

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Why is that your pets’ names?

My cat’s name is Batman, my 2 conures are Narley & Verde, and my cockatiel is Pepper.

My dog’s name was Guinness but he unfortunately passed away a few months ago.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, The Wife of Levi said:

My cat’s name is Batman, my 2 conures are Narley & Verde, and my cockatiel is Pepper.

My dog’s name was Guinness but he unfortunately passed away a few months ago.

I would ask why your cat's name is Batman, but really, why is that explanation necessary? Just an awesome name. I'm sorry about Guinness, that's really rough.

• The title was changed to What are your pets’ names?
Moments ago, flutterJackdash said:

I would ask why your cat's name is Batman, but really, why is that explanation necessary? Just an awesome name. I'm sorry about Guinness, that's really rough.

This is why :bedeyes:

Spoiler

8BA6E1DF-B6EE-4511-8C85-5E0D5D390D4A.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

A very sweet name:squee:  

thank you, that was the name she had when my partner and i adopted her 3 years ago on the 30th of this month in 2019, and we just decided to keep it

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, AuroraGlimmer said:

My kitty's name is Lulu. and I know a few people, namely @Silky@TheRockARoosterand @Dynamo Pad who love her
78293723_107153790766752_639682980138188800_o.thumb.jpg.7b421278407445ccabc76ba0bcea2de7.jpg

Lulu!! Such an adorable kitty and a cute name! :wub:

For me, I have four pets and they're three dogs and one cat. One that is my mom's and two that are my sisters and the cat is both mine and my sister's. My sister named one of the dog's Jeter after the baseball player, Derek Jeter. Our cat was named Sonny after the character, Sonny from the soap Opera, General Hospital. My mom's dog is named Jake and I think it was due to having another name that started with a J like Jeter. For my sister's other dog, I gave him the name Rocky after Rocky Balboa. My sister wanted to get another dog that would act like a guard dog for the house. So, I thought of Rocky as a fitting name for him. ^_^ 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

So, I'm weird. As we all know. :P I have two dogs and a kitty. One is named Lucy, I pronounce it like "looshy". The other doggo is called "Annie" by my dad, but I call her Doogie. :3 And the kitty, I call him Spinglebab. Spingy for short. :yay:

• Brohoof 2

My cat's name is Xyon. He's 5. I named him because of Zion national park and its weird orange banded rock formations, since he has some orange in his fur. His nickname is biggie because he's a pretty large cat (not fatness).

xyon.png.08399d4939498104d72608a92463a0c7.pngxyon.thumb.jpg.dd7435faf7bfd8696b04a035b5253c28.jpg

The family cat who lives with my parents is named Shady. We adopted her back in 2004 at around a year old. She's somewhere close to 20 at this point.:blink:

She's got thyroid, kidney, and hearing issues, but only takes a few pills. Every few days she goes on a quick trip to the vet to get "juiced up," aka a bag of saline injected under the skin because she can't hydrate properly otherwise even though she drinks and pees A LOT. She doesn't fight about the pills or vet- it's just routine at this point. She's still mobile and happy otherwise.

236627312_shadywglasses.jpg.415c7393a4d43b4c68a56d2db225ff0a.jpg

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 2

All my pet ducks are named after spices: Pepper, Salt, Cayenne, Sage, Nutmeg, Saffron, Ginger, Rosemary, and Cinnamon.

Salt passed away a few weeks after birth, and Pepper passed away 2 years ago from egg laying complications. All my other ducks are within 7-8 years old now which is quite old for ducks.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Lulu!! Such an adorable kitty and a cute name! :wub:

For me, I have four pets and they're three dogs and one cat. One that is my mom's and two that are my sisters and the cat is both mine and my sister's. My sister named one of the dog's Jeter after the baseball player, Derek Jeter. Our cat was named Sonny after the character, Sonny from the soap Opera, General Hospital. My mom's dog is named Jake and I think it was due to having another name that started with a J like Jeter. For my sister's other dog, I gave him the name Rocky after Rocky Balboa. My sister wanted to get another dog that would act like a guard dog for the house. So, I thought of Rocky as a fitting name for him. ^_^ 

And despite being your sister's dog, Rocky is your best furry friend and is as much of a goofball as you are XD

i have two kitty cats

my orange boi buddy who's currently on a diet for...obvious reasons. i know buddy is kinda a common pet name but he has a bunch of random nicknames to go with it.

boy.png.42cc2d42a68480a06e69125bcf3b3a9a.png

and my other girl mitzi (who i named after the animal crossing cat cause i thought the name was cute). 

362511489_kittycat.png.a7d9b0010b431b519a663ee2d5262b6e.png

i also had a dark calico cat (tinker bell) i got the same time as buddy but she unfortunately passed away from fip last year.