Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What traits do you admire?

Dreambiscuit

• 1 month later...

I see lots of people with more of a spine than I possess, and I envy it at times. I am often a bit too content to just look the other way and not cause any chaos, most often at my expense. Boldness and knowing your own merits is truly important.

• Brohoof 2

Basically anyone who just don’t judge me. I used to look for kindness and honesty in others, but that’s too far fetched for most of us to accomplish most of the time even for myself. Nah. Forget these fluff.  If you can either ride or die with me, then hop in this crazy cruise. 

• Brohoof 1

I admire people who are able to maintain their loyalty to me and keep up with me. It's likely that if someone isn't able to do that - they won't be around for long. Loyalty, dedication, and integrity of character are important to me.

• Brohoof 1

Empathy, openness, kindness towards others and animals.

Empathy you might think is one of those things that's just sort of a given. But from my experience it really isn't. People might have empathy towards close friends or family but what about strangers? People in customer service like cashiers?  How people treat complete strangers says a lot more about them then it does how they treat those close to them imo.

Openness, I admire anyone who feels comfortable enough to truly be their selves and not put on some people pleasing persona. Same with just being open about how they're feeling, not being open about emotions can be disastrous, really.

Kindness is self explanatory I think and ties into empathy.

• Brohoof 1

Respect, integrity, honesty, loyalty to both your word and your word to others, maintaining a structured sense of self respect as well as a sense of respect for others. Anything below this makes me visceral. 

• Brohoof 3

Those who are always honest with others and try to lead others on the right path. Open-mindedness, accepting,  empathetic, caring, loyalty and alot more. 

With that being said there are alot of these things I still need to work on and apply to myself honestly.

• Brohoof 3

Perhaps another trait I admire most is the ability to step away from things and know when there is a time and place to speak. There is too much conflict in the world. If you don't start something, there won't be none. A fire can start up quickly without you realizing it. Words are like oxygen that can add to it - and before you know, you are caught up in an inferno. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Props Valroa said:

Perhaps another trait I admire most is the ability to step away from things and know when there is a time and place to speak. There is too much conflict in the world. If you don't start something, there won't be none. A fire can start up quickly without you realizing it. Words are like oxygen that can add to it - and before you know, you are caught up in an inferno. 

Got to be careful casting stones, especially when youre a pig without the hands to be casting them to begin with. I was going to say that sometimes "people" realize the things they say a little to late for their own good, but I think the problem is that pigs never realize the things they say at all, in fact they are quite proud of them.

17 minutes ago, MakinBacon said:

Got to be careful casting stones, especially when youre a pig without the hands to be casting them to begin with. I was going to say that sometimes "people" realize the things they say a little to late for their own good, but I think the problem is that pigs never realize the things they say at all, in fact they are quite proud of them.

What a curious fellow you are.

This familiar feeling...

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, MakinBacon said:

I'm not "curious" trust me.

Oh, but curiosity is what helped science to advance.

Without curious fellows, we wouldn't know half what we know nowadays.

Actually, that's a trait I admire. Curiosity, even "wonder".

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Oh, but curiosity is what helped science to advance.

Without curious fellows, we wouldn't know half what we know nowadays.

Actually, that's a trait I admire. Curiosity, even "wonder".

I admire authenticity and consistency, I like what I like and who I like and the same goes for who I DONT. No need to talk it into anything more than that.

I really like those who have a crude and sassy nature backed up with a kind heart and a moral virtue that comes from their own soul rather than out of any fear of law and order. Better to always have a potty mouthed smart arse with a good heart by your side than a flaky, fair weather hypocrite. You can also count on them to be blatantly honest, even if it does come across as somewhat insulting. And if you insult them back with just as much moxie and they laugh their shit buns off, then you have a damn good friendship right there. :catface:

• Brohoof 1

Well this doesn't appear to relate to significant others, so I'll just leave it at humility. Always aiming to reflect and self-improve.

Throw in loyalty if we are talking about significant others. And being considerate, might as well.

• Brohoof 3

One aspect I admire probably more than any other is steadfastness to one’s individuality; someone who doesn’t cave-in to social pressures or follow absurd trends to earn the praise of others. I know a few people that won’t divert from who they are no matter how many people pressure them to do otherwise. That’s awesome to me. 

And being unafraid to tell someone they're doing something wrong as a means of helping them avoid costly mistakes, even when offering such guidance isn't the popular thing to do.

• Brohoof 2