Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do any little girls or boys come here?

coolant1

My first entanglement with boards came at age 12, but they were the well publicized and safely moderated Nintendo Forums, which sadly shut down a few years later.

This forum would PROBABLY be safe for kids, but I don't know that I'd be okay with my kid on here, if I had one.

I've been saving this one for a special occasion:

Posted Image

Ahahaha oh my god only on a mlp forum. Uh yeah I remember my older brother had an account on the Sega forums with over 6000 posts when he was 12. I personally joined Bungie.net for Halo 2 when I was 11 to look at my game stats, though I didn't really use the forum there much other than to read about map packs. The first forum I ever really talked a lot on was a Halo 3 forge website. I racked up like 3000 posts by the time I was 14. I did some things on that site that I find kind of embarassing now haha but really it was a learning experience. I feel like there are a lot of dumb things people just are automatically going to do on their first forum.

Many sites ban the buck out of you if you're under thirteen in compliance with 'COPPA' or, Children's Online Privacy Protection Act', and to a large extent, it's a good idea. But there are certainly many little kids mature enough to handle forums, and a few are on here. But there are also plenty of older kids who are too immature to do the same thing, so it's really all up to each individual situation. I personally discovered the internet around twelve, then actually began making accounts later that year, and into my early thirteens.

Well, I learned about the internet at around age 7. Runescape dwindled away my youth, terrible game by the way. I really did not start foruming until I was 11 or 12 though. I am 18 now, and seeing younger generations on this forum gives me hope. (Assuming they are what they say they are). Meh, you can never tell with these internet types.

(edited)

^Yeah Right... But I fall possibly in the Mid teens. :)

Well, you're right; I can't lie for that long~

Honestly, I'm seventeen; joined this forum at sixteen; basically, joined the internet in general circa my eleventh birthday.

Edited by Kapten Röd
  • Brohoof 1

Well, you're right; I can't lie for that long~

Honestly, I'm seventeen; joined this forum at sixteen; basically, joined the internet in general circa my eleventh birthday.

Sir, may I be so bold as to ask you about your profile picture? Is that a tattoo, and if yes, is that your tattoo, and if yes to that, you sir are the biggest badass I know IN THE WORLD.

Sir, may I be so bold as to ask you about your profile picture? Is that a tattoo, and if yes, is that your tattoo, and if yes to that, you sir are the biggest badass I know IN THE WORLD.

I'm quite flattered, but it is not.

You DID give me a great idea for a new tat, though; thank you~!

(edited)

That is the creepiest way to ask that question ( :lol:), but I actually have seen a few 8-year-old peoples here. :huh:

Edited by <letterONE>

That is the creepiest way to ask that question ( :lol:), but I actually have seen a few 8-year-old peoples here. :huh:

Ahahaha oh my god only on a mlp forum. Uh yeah I remember my older brother had an account on the Sega forums with over 6000 posts when he was 12. I personally joined Bungie.net for Halo 2 when I was 11 to look at my game stats, though I didn't really use the forum there much other than to read about map packs. The first forum I ever really talked a lot on was a Halo 3 forge website. I racked up like 3000 posts by the time I was 14. I did some things on that site that I find kind of embarassing now haha but really it was a learning experience. I feel like there are a lot of dumb things people just are automatically going to do on their first forum.

hey, what a coinicidence! I'm from the sega forums to!
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Heh. I remember that at age 4 i went on my moms computer and downloaded wild tangent games. So I was somewhat acquainted with the internet when i first learned to talk. But i didn't know about anything but downloading freeware games until like 10 soooooo... yea

Edited by DozzyDash

or is it just older people? I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just wanna know.

oh and, I meant "do" instead of "are"...

We know it's you, Pedobear! Go away!

:P

Seriously though, I think that the youngest member I've seen here was 10 or so. There might be one or two that's younger, but I'd say that the average age on this forum is somewhere between 16 and 25